Australian screenshots

Hey all,

The Series I G Class e-spec.

http://tinyurl.com/vlinegclassenginespec

It still has allot of work to get it more accurate, but for now I've got it pretty close, mainly the generator output still needs adjusting, it seems to fluctuate around 6900 amps to 7200 amps at 10kph.

Hi Vinny,

I'm sorry if I said something to upset you, I was merely saying that the bogey 'might be a little narrow or the body might be a little wide', in trainz I saw a big gap and that's what I thought when I look at it.

Here's my P Class bogey

http://s134.photobucket.com/user/Azervich/media/Bogey_zps9a182d0d.png.html

the inner frames are at minimal distance of 1.85m and I have the outer frames just a tad too wide as I've got them as 2.83m, I do know however all bogeys are cast same width over brake cylinders and same width inside the casting.

I do remember however when I was on T 395 and T 356 years ago when I popped my head outside the window slightly I saw the edge of the brake cylinder, if you stick your head out more and you can see a little more of the brake cylinder as your looking on a angle inwards, T Class however are slightly narrower to a G Class.

Cheers.

Well its been a while since i posted some screenies so here by popular demand are some shots of my work.

Pausing Briefly at East Ipswich.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

While a couple of Clowns entertain in the big top a Petrie Boud Suburban service arrives at Goodna.

Pressed into service due to a loco shortage DH45 leads an express load of Bull or the manure express through the Ipswich Suburbs.

With the clowns still at it DH45 leads the manure express towards Goodna.

Arriving at Booval with the Jacaranda Dairy in the back, thanks to Train2017 who supplied a few shots that helped me build up this area.

GHosty

Well its been a while since i posted some screenies so here by popular demand are some shots of my work.
GHosty

Looks an absolute treat as always Ghosty. Great stuff.

Can anyone direct me to the right place within Trainz to report a personal threat towards me via Private Message that I just received?
Cheers,
Kent

Patchy/Kent
Thanks guys the past few weeks have been somewhat crazy, the compliments have been much appreciated guess my recreation and research have proved hours well spent.

Ghosty

Kent refer it to the Admins or Mods.

btvfd_20131023_0000_zpsee9e6f9c.jpg
btvfd_20131023_0002_zps82af6122.jpg

Last edited:
Kiwirail isn't part of Australia. That's the inbred country across the strait. Often confused with 'Tasmania' it is in fact a separate country from Australia

Excellent shots Queenslanders

Thanks Kent,
Should have realized, as I was only down there few weeks ago. Or I could have just looked at your sig banner. That is a terrific job on Wallangarra. Does the old girl real justice. Stood on the platform and could only imagine what it was like in its heyday. Would have been really something to see.
Regards
Glen

Footnote: Now have a new desktop too. Thanks Kent. :Y:

Last edited:
Looks an absolute treat as always Ghosty. Great stuff.

Can anyone direct me to the right place within Trainz to report a personal threat towards me via Private Message that I just received?
Cheers,
Kent

Maybe the moderators
Got a good idea who they are, they get a bit cranky when you tell as it
Screenshot

6034662954_bd3530aaab_b.jpg

Cheers,
Patchy

Last edited:
I see lots of wonderful creative layouts, rolling stock, locos and buildings have appeared since my last visit many months ago ;) I did some flicking back through the pages and noticed a country church is available. It reminds me of the Barney View Uniting church between Boonah and Rathdowney QLD as we were there recently for personal reasons. The Canberra Monaro area has received its deserved attention as has some other often forgotten areas around Australia. Particularly glad to see Fletcher in the Granite Belt on Trainz and the Jacaranda milk factory where some of the Boonah/Dugandan Fassifern branch milk was processed. Many here would already realise June 30, 2014 is the 50th anniversary of closure of the Boonah/Dugandan Fassifern branch. Problem is I remember these lines with the rails and bridges in place but it was 50 years ago. My QR South Coast Line research continues to be available at Railpage including the South Coast tramway thread http://www.beaudesertuniting.org/congregations/barneyview [EDIT] Some of the Fassifern milk went to Jacaranda while some went to the Boonah milk factory while some went elsewhere depending on the era. Not all the links I have on Trainz remain active so if really interested check Railpage or Wheels on Steel.

Last edited:
Great shots everyone.

Jamie, your trackwork is great, and undoubtedly took ages to perfect' but I'm a little bored seeing just that.

Maybe you should start work on the rest of the route, get a few buildings and textures down, start making that excellent trackwork part of a wider environment.

Just a suggestion.

Matt.

Looking good Patchy.

Have a DEM of the area you're covering on my own install, and comparing the two, well, lets not do that, okay?:eek:

Much better for my fragile ego that way. :hehe:

Matt.

Back