ATLS Traffic Stopper Rollable probs

hyderpotter

New Laptop
I am having probs with the ATLS Traffic Stopper Rollable. None of my trafic is stopping at the crossing.

hyderpotter_20100415_0004.jpg

hyderpotter_20100415_0003.jpg

Is that setup right?

It looks as though your triggers are in the middle of the street, instead of being placed back where you want the train to trigger the crossing and traffic stop. Unless you have them there for something else.

It looks as though your triggers are in the middle of the street, instead of being placed back where you want the train to trigger the crossing and traffic stop. Unless you have them there for something else.

The triggers are on the tracks. I am using a new addon called Level Crossing Base (2T) 464202:1346.

The Yellow boxs are not trigge.

you need to pull the triggers out a ways from the crossing. The crossing won't activate until a train crosses over the trigger. It will then take a little while for the gates to close and such.

peter

yes you'll probably have to play around with the distances and such to get it perfected; but yes thats bassicaly it.

peter

Have you set up your ATLS components? Use the "?" button and set them to a channel, and to LCM etc. The instructions for each device appear when you hit the "?" button, which is the edit properties button. Also, there is an ATLS tutorial. Just use the forum search feature.

Have you set up your ATLS components? Use the "?" button and set them to a channel, and to LCM etc. The instructions for each device appear when you hit the "?" button, which is the edit properties button. Also, there is an ATLS tutorial. Just use the forum search feature.

Yes I have and there is no setting for the Traffic Stopper Rollable.

Yes I have and there is no setting for the Traffic Stopper Rollable.
I am not yet familiar with the rollable one yet. I think the stopper itself does not have any settings since it is connected to the slave and acts as an invisible crossing. I am also unfamiliar with the crossing you are using, so someone else may have to jump in and help. You did set the triggers too, right?

Also, I can't see your spline circles, and I hate to ask a stupid question...
Did you connect the road to the stoppers? I only ask since it is hard to tell from your pictures.

hyderpotter,

What you need to do is have one "Slave" for each Traffic Stopper, and your triggers on the tracks need to be much further out for the crossing to work effectively. Your controller, and all the other assets, need to be set to the same channel, and your controller and slaves need to be set in "LCM" (Level Crossing Mode), which is reached by having -1 route.

I do hope this herlps, because ATLS is a great system to use once you know how!

Happy Trainzing,;)
Scott.

hyderpotter,

What you need to do is have one "Slave" for each Traffic Stopper, and your triggers on the tracks need to be much further out for the crossing to work effectively. Your controller, and all the other assets, need to be set to the same channel, and your controller and slaves need to be set in "LCM" (Level Crossing Mode), which is reached by having -1 route.

I do hope this herlps, because ATLS is a great system to use once you know how!

Happy Trainzing,;)
Scott.

In one of the picture at http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/ATLS3.pdf
141.jpg

Only one Slave is use for the traffic stopper.

In one of the pictues at http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/ATLS2.pdf
66.jpg

The triggers are near the crossing

I am using a Level Crossing Base

Last edited:
Hi,

It looks like the usual problem with non-stopping cars.... 'Spline points too close to the Stopper'. You need to have SEVERAL car lengths between the nearest road spline point at the connection to the Stopper.

From your photo, it looks like there is a spline point, (on the bend) very close to the Stopper. You will have to move the spline point further away. This will mean a less steep bend but no other option.

Boat

...and here is what is probably a stupid question: when you say your cars still don't stop, do you see this while in Driver? I know that ATLS traffic doesn't pay attention to traffic signals or train crossing gates in Surveyor but do once in Driver mode.

...and here is what is probably a stupid question: when you say your cars still don't stop, do you see this while in Driver? I know that ATLS traffic doesn't pay attention to traffic signals or train crossing gates in Surveyor but do once in Driver mode.

It should only stop in driver.

There's really nothing special about the rollable version of the traffic stopper - I just needed a version that would work on a slope, and though it would be handy if it worked for multi-lane traffic too. In all other respects it should work exactly the same as Boat's stopper. Personally I'd suspect a spline point too close to the stopper. If you're using TS2010 the distance you need to allow seems to have increased - I'd estimate at least 4 car lengths are needed now.

Paul

I hope I am putting this in the correct thread. Also not trying to hijack it. Just looking for an answer to why car keep going thru the crossing when the gates are down and the train is traveling like in this image.

crossing1.jpg

Back