Article: How to purchase and download products in SimulatorCentral.com

Indeed - only thing that does concern me is not to do with the guide, but to do with the maximum number of downloads. 10 may be a bit low when there's a good chance of file corruption depending on download method, and the links are not download manager friendly.

Thanks for the guide. I purchased Trainz 2010 this morning and downloaded the files. Setup keeps asking for "disk 1" which of coarse I don't have. There is also a file called "TrainzSimulator 2010 setup.part1" which says I don't have a program to open. I'm dead in the water and apparently the support isn't working.

Cbuchh48 - you need to download all the files into the same folder that are given on the download page before running the setup file.

No, I d/loaded all files to the same folder to begin with.
The first file of 3 seems to be the problem. It's called " TrainzSimulator 2010 Setup.part1 [1]. I get the message "windows can't open this file".

Thanks

Did you make sure you downloaded all the linked files? There may be up to 5 of them, which should include a .exe file.

Shane

There are 3 files to download: TrainzSimulator2010Setup.part1 [1],
Trainzsimulator2010 setup.part2.rar
Trainzsimulator2010 setup.part3.rar

Like I said before, the first one I think is the problem, it's not a "rar" file. I'll try d/loading it again and see.

Thanks again,

Chuck

That worked. I dropped the [1] and added .exe and worked like it should.

While Ive got your attention, I already had Trainz 12 and didn't like the performance on my system. I saw on the forums where I might be better with Trainz 10 so thought I'd give it a try. Will I be better off removing 12 and if not should I install 10 as a stand alone?

Thanks again for the help! It's nice to see good support.

Chuck

Thanks for the guide. I purchased Trainz 2012 last night and downloaded the files. All my files come up as TS12_Setup.Part1 Part2 Etc. Says I don't have a program to open them. I've contacted support and get a message that support isn't working right now please try again later. I get the same file type with the addon packs that I bought with my digital order and still can't open anything. This is driving me crazy. Should've bought the Boxed edition perhaps.

Read the post above to change .part1 to .exe and that worked however now I am having issues with installation. it says next volume required TS13_setup.rar I don't have TS13 I bought TS12 how do I fix that error?

Last edited:
Add the .exe extension to the part1 file then try running it, seems this worked for a couple of others, It looks like something, maybe a browser or security program is stripping the file extension of executable files for some, others are not affected, definitely an odd one, what did you use to download them with?

Trainz Simulator 2012

Add the .exe extension to the part1 file then try running it, seems this worked for a couple of others, It looks like something, maybe a browser or security program is stripping the file extension of executable files for some, others are not affected, definitely an odd one, what did you use to download them with?

I purchased Trainz Simulator 2012 yesterday. I have fought with this all last night and today. I'm very frustrated. It's telling me the same thing as the person above. I don't know if my brain is just too tired to think, but how do you change the end of the extension? My TS12 files are in my download folder. I even bought Winzip to try and open this game ($30). Please help or send me a link that works!!

Tangiecooke - it's great to hear of your success. Can you tell us what you did to solve the problem as this may help other people with their issues.

It is possible that a download manager program may edit or change the file names. I would suggest going to the My Downloadable Products page, clicking on the links and re-downloading using your browser to manage the download.

Also, could people having problems with missing extensions pleas let us know how you downloaded the files - were you using your browser or a d/l manager/accelerator?

Thanks

Hi Tony,

I've got a blog entry that can be linked to that may help out the affected users. It's due to users using IE to download the files - it's the latest blog entry in my Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks blog.

Shane

How I 'navigated round' problems with downloading from shop

Tangiecooke - it's great to hear of your success. Can you tell us what you did to solve the problem as this may help other people with their issues.

It is possible that a download manager program may edit or change the file names. I would suggest going to the My Downloadable Products page, clicking on the links and re-downloading using your browser to manage the download.

Also, could people having problems with missing extensions pleas let us know how you downloaded the files - were you using your browser or a d/l manager/accelerator?

Thanks

I just recently downloaded TS12 and the Settle Carlise route using the links on the Email you sent and Internet Explorer using the 'save as' option. (This was before I knew the links could also be found under my account on your web site) For TS 12 I only managed to get two files, all the other links told me I already had the file and 'did I wish to override?'. To solve this I created five folders and downloaded each link into one of the folders. This worked and once done I moved them all into the same folder. After a lot of ' faffing about' I renamed part one with the .exe extension and it was thereafter plain sailing. (I have saved these files into my
archive folder along with all the other computer software I have - always keep copies off machine somewhere)

The Settle&C file also came without the .exe extension and that installed correctly once renamed.

Diverging off into a branch:

I used the import content command to import all my routes from TC3 local. Most seem to work OK but all my lovely trees have been replaced by some ugly bare looking trees called 'sugar maple' which I am changing back to English oaks, elms and so on (using the change assett command). There are also many erroneous files showing up in the Content manager which I am working through.

So I have plenty to do :)

Les

Last edited:
Back