A pat on the back for neilsmith749

ApproachMedium

Youtube dude
I'm sure this has come up before, but I can't seem to find it using the search function here.

I just want to say the UMR Winter for 2010 route by neilsmith749, is absolutely amazing. I'm usually a little skeptical about downloading a route from the DLS because, frankly, a lot are just plain crap. I think I've seen the UMR listed for a long time and just ignored it. Well I finally decided to download the route and it's quite amazing. I also really, really appreciate the inclusion of a base session with all of the industries configured. That is the one thing that keeps me from operating on a lot of routes, the dumb amount of time it takes to configure every industry. So neilsmith749, I thank you for a fantastic job.

I do have only one comment about the route though, I replaced the 09 rails only track with 09 winter track, I feel it looks better. Just a thought.

-Joe

Yes I know this could be a PM, but what kind of pat on the back would it be.

Aye, quiet an enjoyable route. Quite like decent routes with some AI going about business. I set it going and my kids (2 and 3) sit at the PC tooting the horn etc. Keeps'em busy for hours :)

Cheers

Trent

I just wanted to echo what was said in the previous threads. I am using the UMR on TR04 and I am enjoying every minute of this amazing route. Although it is a little hard on my PC stuttering at high density areas, still very enjoyable. Thanks Neilsmith749 for your imagination and creativity on this unique route, one of the best!
:D

I would also like to add that I just realized that the Toronto Lakeshore West Route was also made by Neilsmith749 and is also one of my favorite routes. I don't know how I didn't realize this until now. But once again, great work! Keep it up.

-Joe

The route appears to feature some strange white substance covering the ground. I had to google it, turns out it's called snow.

j/k. We don't get much snow in North Carolina.

I noticed 2 kuid's show up as unknown location.

Unknown Location: <kuid2:45324:24308:1>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:45324:24345:1>

I looked but could not find them, not that I really know how to properly look for a kuid.

This weak search-fu kuid hunter needs help.

thanks,

Bill Paradise

I looked but could not find them, not that I really know how to properly look for a kuid.

thanks,

Bill Paradise
Those would be objects made by norfolksouthern37, search for "45324:" on the DLS but neither are on the DSL, so perhaps the route creator would tell us where to find them?

The route appears to feature some strange white substance covering the ground. I had to google it, turns out it's called snow.

j/k. We don't get much snow in North Carolina.

thanks,

Bill Paradise

Indeed they are on Jointedrails website under freeware, signals, searchlight. They are,

Searchlight Signal 08 Interlocking Gantry,<kuid2:45324:24308:1>
Searchlight Signal 06-RD Gantry,<kuid2:45324:24345:1>

It's a download pack. Might as well get them all, they're all great.

-Joe

Those would be objects made by norfolksouthern37, search for "45324:" on the DLS but neither are on the DSL, so perhaps the route creator would tell us where to find them?

Other threads point to this site, I downloaded the packs shown there and the dependency problem vanished, don't know which pack has the missing ones though.

http://jointedrail.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=83

Ian

Thanks for the help. I downloaded and installed all 3, what's a few extra signals anway.

At first I thought I had opened a whole new can of worms, then I noticed the "You must download the dependencies HERE" link.

Content Manager once again shows zero dependencies.

Thanks again for the help.

Bill Paradise

There is. I believe it's called UMR 09. Just look up the user name on the download station.

-Joe

Isn't that a shorter route than the UMR Winter one ?

I have had an earlier version of the UMR route and it was excellent.

Just not to keen on "snow covered routes", but that is not meant as a criticism of the UMR series.

IKB.

Downloaded and installed UMR2010 Winter.

Makes you feel cold. :D

Bit disappointing the trees haven't any snow on them.

Two lakes near Waldon Depot, i think it is called.

There is no texturing applied below the water line, so the baseboards are visible. ;)

IKB.

Hey guys! I just noticed this thread now!

Thanks for the support from everyone.

Just to clarify what's going on with these endless UMR routes:

The winter release was more of an afterthought, just to see how 2010 worked. There is indeed a summer version, and it's simply entitled "UMR2010", which also comes with a base session. The reason I uploaded the winter version first was mainly because it was smaller (mb's I mean, not length), so it would be more likely to be accepted to the dls, which, happily, it was.

The problem I'm having now with the summer version is that it's toooooo big!!! The CDP properties show it as 65mbs, but the CM2 uploader says it's over 125mbs - must be something to do with how it calculates dependencies.:confused:
Anyway, I believe 60mbs is the max for the dls. I've opened a ticket requesting assistance from Auran about this problem, and whether we could manually override it somehow, but I haven't received any kind of response yet, and it's been close to a month now.

But all is not necessarily lost yet! I've also sent it to Joe over at RRMODS, and those folks have agreed to host it. I sent it a few weeks ago, but haven't heard anything since. I don't want to force the issue or pester them, as they've been very gracious in their offer to host it. So let's keep our fingers crossed that it'll be available somewhere, sometime!!! lol

A few stats:
-400kms (250mi) of mostly double mainline track - an increase of about 150kms compared to earlier versions of the UMR

-you even get to go through some hilly, dry, desert-like terrain, as I've been given permission by James Flanders (ESO) to update and adjust his beautiful Desert Mountain Plains route. That route is a standalone route on the dls, but has also been merged into the UMR, just west of Gilby.

-over 200 interactive industries

-25 passenger stations

-full loco servicing including diesel loco fuel, sand, water, and coal

-many grades reduced in severity - there are no grades over 2%.

-will run in 2010 native mode, and all assets are on the dls, with the possible exception of a few signals, mentioned earlier. These are of course a quick free download from Jointedrail.com.

I hope to have some news for y'all soon. Or maybe we could star pestering Auran to accept it on the dls!!!

Well I'm new to all this trainz business and I am always looking for routes as none of which I have downloaded so far have worked for my 2010 edition and so when I saw the name of this route it appealed instantly.

Unfortunately, when I checked it out in content manager, I see it's 38mb which for me currently downloading at 3kps without a ticket....well I was wondering if this route is available anywhere else so that I can download it with my usual fast broadband ?

Mart.

Well I'm new to all this trainz business and I am always looking for routes as none of which I have downloaded so far have worked for my 2010 edition and so when I saw the name of this route it appealed instantly.

Unfortunately, when I checked it out in content manager, I see it's 38mb which for me currently downloading at 3kps without a ticket....well I was wondering if this route is available anywhere else so that I can download it with my usual fast broadband ?

Mart.

It's not available anywhere else unfortunately. Have you considered buying a FirstClassTicket? They're not that expensive and make downloading a lot less tedious.:hehe:

Back