Unable to upload screenshots to Gallery

It was a joke, as was RobertoE99's comment.

In any case why do so many people assume that the staff at N3V spend their time reading every post in these forums? I certainly wouldn't.
I'm afraid that it is the nature of the times we live in today. Everyone is far to use to the instant gratification of smart phones. "Siri, tell me why I have a 30 second attention span". Twenty nine seconds later, "Siri, hurry up!".

It was a joke, as was RobertoE99's comment.

In any case why do so many people assume that the staff at N3V spend their time reading every post in these forums? I certainly wouldn't.
This has been going on since December . It's THEIR forum. It's THEIR software. We paid for it. There's a problem with their software that worked fine before December and now it doesn't . They could at least acknowledge it, which could take about 10 seconds. How does that not make sense. Not asking for much.

IF this Was In A Support Section it would gain there attention..... This is just the General Chat Section for the Forums as this problem will likely Never be Seen in the Light of day from N3V....
I'm pretty sure that General Chat gets the most views. I've been on this forum for about 20 years......and that's my opinion on it.

I'm afraid that it is the nature of the times we live in today. Everyone is far to use to the instant gratification of smart phones. "Siri, tell me why I have a 30 second attention span". Twenty nine seconds later, "Siri, hurry up!".
OH PLEEEEZE. Let's get real. This problem didn't come up yesterday. Nothing but crickets for about 3 months. I think I've got a right to gripe. This is LOUSY customer service. It didn't used to be this way.

Update: All right. You people win. It's not that big of a deal.... People can judge for themselves how wonderful this has all become.
Besides, somebody will start whining to close the thread because it makes them feel unsafe or something equally stupid.

I'm dropping the topic. If somebody else wants to continue , that's fine.

Last edited:
Why do I keep getting the same error message every time I try upload a screenshot to Trainz Gallery?! I just want it fixed, like right now!

Further, I suggest that everyone read the Trainz Agreement that is linked in the Code of Conduct. This is a legal valid binding agreement that you agree to abide by when using any service or software provided by N3V Games. It was amended in January of 2024. As my lawyer tells me all the time, you are bound by it whether you read it or not.

The CoC (Code of Conduct) is a short but informative read. It seems mostly common sense and is not written in a manner that would require a law degree to understand.

It ends with the statement that section 230 of the Communications Decency Act applies to the Trainz Forum. This act (of the US Congress) provides indemnity to N3V if a poster makes a defamatory comment, or posts defamatory material (including images, videos, audio, links) in the forums and associated web sites (e.g. the Gallery when it is working again), or if N3V removes (or does not remove in a timely manner) such material.

So post something "nasty" and N3V cannot be sued because it was posted in their forums - but you can still sue the poster. If they remove something you have posted you cannot sue them for violating your rights to free speech.

I don't have a dog in this specific fight (broken connection between progeny versions of Trainz and the Gallery preventing screenshot uploads in-game).

I will, however, mildly point out that this is a significant source of free advertising - especially for the latest progeny versions of the game, which is being specifically blocked by the problem. It is difficult for the bean counters to quantify this value (or the overarching value of actually engaging with the customers and addressing their concerns) but that's bean counters for you. If you would have happy, productive customers, don't be a bean counter.

It would be a responsible gesture for just one bean counter to take 15 seconds to say " I hear you"...or something similar. Somebody from Auran / NV3 used to do that, so we at least felt a little appreciated. I don't have that warm and fuzzy feeling about them in recent months.
Also.....what does the forum "code of conduct" have to do with this ? It's not ok to address a problem with the Trainz software ? I intended to bow out of this ........but ....." code of conduct" violation ?

Last edited:
No one is accusing anyone of a violation of the CoC. I merely noticed that it had changed and felt that everyone should read it as well as the Trainz Agreement. Just little old me being friendly and helpful. :)

Now you might find this bit from the Trainz Agreement interesting:

(m) We have no obligation to monitor the Trainz Forum but we may do so.

If you read both documents as I did, you find that N3V no longer considers the forum to be part of their support system. You are directed to open a support ticket for support issues.

I wouldn't want them to feel obligated, but three months or more of not looking at their "general" section to see what people are talking about ? I would, however expect any company that cares about research & development to take a glance at their own forum every now and then. I have a sneaking hunch they have seen this complaint.

Contacting the help desk, IMO, is more about individual problems , such as passwords, registration issues. In other words, if I was the only one who was having a problem with the Gallery issue, then I'd contact the Help desk for a fix ticket.....but this is a problem that everyone is having. Why would they want thousands of help tickets to respond to ? LOL.........Much easier just to make a public statement on their "razafraza...dadburn...we never read" forum.

Contacting the help desk, IMO, is more about individual problems , such as passwords, registration issues. In other words, if I was the only one who was having a problem with the Gallery issue, then I'd contact the Help desk for a fix ticket

Totally agree. I do not understand why so many people think that ALL N3V staff spend ALL their time trolling through ALL the forum posts (in ALL languages). Yes, that is an exaggeration but it is intended to make a point.

....but this is a problem that everyone is having. Why would they want thousands of help tickets to respond to ? LOL.........Much easier just to make a public statement on their "razafraza...dadburn...we never read" forum.

Have you posted a bug report at https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu? You will get an immediate automated response and then, some days later (sometimes/often longer), a response typed by a human. That is how we all should respond to these problems, not just posting often vague and sometimes angry messages in the forums. I recently posted a bug report on this or a similar Gallery issue and got a human generated response that they are aware of the issue and are "looking into it".

The reason I haven't contacted the Help desk is right inside what you highlighted in your post directly above. Why should they need to make their customers jump through the hoops to make help desk tickets, and then contacting everyone individually, when it's already a known problem that effects everyone and has for months ? Instead, they can easily and quickly make a statement....ONE statement in their forums. I'd think it would make life easier from them, while making an effort to provide decent customer service, which the forum members collectively would notice.

The reason I haven't contacted the Help desk is right inside what you highlighted in your post directly above.
You may have misunderstood. My link was to the Bug Report Form, not to the HelpDesk (or Support as it is now labeled at the top of each forum page).

I find the HelpDesk/Support a bit too confusing (I frequently get lost there!) but filling out a Bug Report forces you to give clear and more concise statements (with possible attachments).

I find many bug and problem reports posted here in the forums to be far too vague. Often they do not contain crucial information such as the asset kuid and the Trainz version. On the occasions where I and others have asked the poster for more details we are often met with silence or, at the least, several days delay before getting a response that may not be at all helpful.

That is why my first port of call in reporting possible bugs, and my advice to others who have bug issues, is to use the Bug Reporting Form. I only report problems here in the forum to see if others have experienced the same issues and if any workarounds have been discovered.

Back