My first route - the Castle Peak & Pacific

Just some minor progress to the route lately. I've taken a bit of a break since my last update, but did get some minor additions in a day or two ago. I've also subscribed to Trainz+ so that I can continue using the HD Terrain system, despite how much I dislike (even hate) subscription services in general - I just couldn't go back to using the old 5m grid after experiencing the joys of working with HD. That, and for some reason TRS22PE (the non-plus version) doesn't want to display HD terrain textures properly for some reason, even though N3V has stated (at least if I remember right) that you are supposed to be able run HD routes on non-Plus versions of Trainz with no real issues (you just can't edit them).

First up is the new river added to the route. What you see beyond the engine facility is Brush Creek, a small river that joins the East River south of town, and runs northwest. The Brush Creek branch, which was built to access the limestone quarry and oil well, follows this creek for much of its length, and crosses over it several times.
2024-03-18-185142.jpg

Most of the rest of the work is simply the addition of some smaller details and refinements. Seen here is one example, as I went through the route and added outhouses to all of the toll houses on the toll road. I chose to use a relatively basic asset that had simple shapes with little detail and less high-detail textures in order to try and save on performance a bit, especially since the toll houses are located some distance from the track.
2024-03-18-184655.jpg

At the railroad bunkhouses in Thunder Valley, I've added a few tables to the scene, giving the tenants a place to eat outside when the weather is nice. I've also added a water spout/pump and a double-stall outhouse to replace the original one-stall version.
2024-03-18-184859.jpg

Just nearby, I've chosen to keep the water crane, but replaced the original model with one more appropriate to what might have existed in the 1880s.
2024-03-18-184957.jpg

At the Thunder Valley Yard, I've made a few refinements to the track arrangement. First of all, I switched the position of the switches leading into the yard and into the passing siding next to it. Originally, if an engine wanted to use the siding, the yard switcher had to move out of the way. Now, the yard goat can work the yard without interruption from trains using the siding. Additionally, I rearranged the yard switches to reduce the overall number of switches that potentially need to be set in order to reach any one track.
2024-03-18-184939.jpg

As a quick update, I am not doing as much work on the CP&P as I was before. This is due to a temporary shift in focus, as I am now working on @tdstead's DSP&P model railroad to create a version that better suits my personal tastes and my knowledge of the prototype. As a result, progress on the CP&P has been given a temporary slow order. I hope to continue working on it occasionally, but the DSP&P model railroad project is my main focus at the moment.

As a quick update, I am not doing as much work on the CP&P as I was before. This is due to a temporary shift in focus, as I am now working on @tdstead's DSP&P model railroad to create a version that better suits my personal tastes and my knowledge of the prototype. As a result, progress on the CP&P has been given a temporary slow order. I hope to continue working on it occasionally, but the DSP&P model railroad project is my main focus at the moment.
Where did you get the DSP&P MRR route from?
I don't see it on the DLS.

Rico

Back