4352760524_44b52fd95f_o.jpg

passing at marimo

4352760812_19c54ee8a1_o.jpg

cossing cloncurry duchess road

4352761076_4655e65bee_o.jpg

out in gods country

cheers,
patchy

Great shots patchy. Just wondering, you have alot of 15 and 1400 class locos hauling trains in your shots, wouldn't they have 2600's out there also? I remember washing one or two when I was an Engine Cleaner at Mayne. They were BIG locos.
Glen

Great shots patchy. Just wondering, you have alot of 15 and 1400 class locos hauling trains in your shots, wouldn't they have 2600's out there also? I remember washing one or two when I was an Engine Cleaner at Mayne. They were BIG locos.
Glen

hi glen,
personly i don't like them,as for the 15's and 14's they were the first ones i picked when testing the route just havn't bothered changing them
i'm only about half way at the moment

cheers,
patchy

This screenshot is in dedication to Davido & 3830 for their amazing models and work. With the release of Davido's 422 class locos recently, all i can say is Exellent =] I love the detail and effort put into this particular loco. All that hard work really shows off what amazing talent you two have. Well Done guys and the Australian trainz players can not thankyou enough for your work and talent. =]

davido.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously a route showing an era from before they ripped up the rails through Dorrigo. I was there last late-September and all there was was a station building, about 25 black, rusty NSWGR locos and a hundred freight and passenger cars where a Rail Museum is to be built.

Among the locos there I saw a Garratt (60 Class) and a 36 and 38 Class.
Hit up: 'Dorrigo Railway Museum' in Google for some more info if you want.

Nice shots Davido, but I don't think that route is modelling the present day.:( There were certainly no rails in Dorrigo in September '09.

Happy Trainzing!;)

hi scottling

i figured that much out.

but i would like to get the route if its available,
therefore the need to know the name

thanks
ron

scottling

i think you will find the rails are there just they are not in plain sight. The Dorrigo line was booked out of use in the early 1970's after flood damage, it was fully restored and cleared in the 1980s before a bitter battle between mebers saw a large legal battle which saw the Glenreagh Mountain group formed. it was officially closed in the 1990's after a private members bill by Coffs Harbour MP Andrew Fraser was passed. the line is split into two sections with the boundary being around or near Ulong, the top owned by Dorrigo and the bottom by Gleanreagh Mountain Railway.

Neither Dorrigo or Glenreagh have a C-36 class, Dorrigo does have a lifesized C-38 class kit in the form of 3813.

cheers

ghosty

Last edited:
hi axe1970

what route is that with dorrigo on it?
thanks
ron

Sorry to disappoint. The Town of Dorrigo on my route has been stolen ;) I haven't modeled my route on any real railway line in Australia. It is all fictional, but I have taken various names from around Australia. Such as...... Clyde, Peterbourgh, Richmond, Emu Flats, Mt Victoria, Ivanhoe, Vineyard, and a few other town names that I have adapted and re-arranged.

Hopefully the route "Georgetown to Tarin Rocks" will be fictional, but prototypical like.

davido_422_6.jpg

davido_422_5.jpg

davido_422_3.jpg

davido_422_4.jpg

Regards

Axe

PS: route not available yet, but it is getting close. 110kms+ of main line and 15km+ branchline.

Last edited:
QGR Uraguran

Hello All

Well the old Commissioner has been very busy finally working on the old Urangan Branchline by using Google Maps with a software from Railpage to mark out closed Railways. The railway represents from the late 30's to its sad closure in 1990.

But ghosty can i have a copy of your QR Ekka Carriages and Dreddmans PB15 because they were regularly brought up here to perform railway specials and some survived to see the last steam hauled passenger train in the maryborough district headed by PB15 738 ( I would like dreddmans version becuase it has the smoke & steam effect) but..........

I am having some issues with the route and someone please help me out????:'(

The first section is the now shortened Pier which once boasted a passenger terminal, freight wharves a complex track arrangements but also a cafe & a amuesment arcade. It had a little trolley to provide transport for Caltex workers for transfer to the pier!!!!

Well is Uraguran Pier in its former Glory......

The Fortnightly Fraser Island Boat Train
trainz89_20100213_0003.jpg

Halfway there.......
trainz89_20100213_0005.jpg

Simmering on the old Uraguran Pier
trainz89_20100213_0007.jpg

Heading home with the departing passengers from the boat back to Maryborough
trainz89_20100213_0006.jpg

P.S; Next Time would be the post steam years of the 1970's

Signed
M.Gitsham
QGR Commissioner​