Reskins thread: Must be your own work. Mostly 1024x768 I'd say.

You mean like this?
TheFamily.jpg

Hey applegathc, where did you get those GP9u's? Nice models.

For a long time I've tried to get Long Island's new scheme right. It's been a bugger. I think I finally have it. First, Josh Harvey's SW1500 standing in for an SW1001:

LIRR107RF.jpg

Next, re-trucking the SW1500 gets a credible MP15 to stand in for Long Island's MP15AC's:

LIRR168LR.jpg

Fascinating paint scheme. It's so colorful it look like it just has to be fake... but it's not.

Moving on to Illinois, the Chicago & Illinois Midland sold their SD38-2's to UP and replaced them with SD20's, here about to cross the Sangamon River heading toward Springfield with empties from the barge loader at Havana on a layout that I am making:

CIMSD20sbridge2.jpg

I believe I bought the SD20's from Digital Roundhouse, but the website went away, so I cannot buy anymore from them. I lost the original trucks, sounds, etc. in a drive crash, but managed to still have the mesh. So I decided to make a green C&IM skin for myself.

Try these public relations shots...

I made these a long time ago... 2003 or so.

Home_of_the_Big_Red_Machines_3.jpg

PRShot1a.jpg

HTBRM2.jpg

CS808A.jpg

CLEEL-2A.jpg

Going for a red version of Susquehanna's "Yellow Jacket" scheme:
CNSR4500NYSW.jpg

Demoted from mainline service, the Cincinnati Southern's GP9's have been working in local and yard service.

CS9048GP9.jpg

A CP Golden Beaver GP9u (Shane) decked out in ResilientCity.org colours. ResilientCity is my dad's new site on how to build better and greener cities.

Site: ResilientCity.org
cam

Greener Cities? Must not be a railroad town...:hehe:
That is very good that your pa started a site on that issue.
We need to do more to improve our surroundings. Flourecent light bulbs are a start and quitting littering is a very good move.
Please give him my congrats!

Woody

Hey applegathc, where did you get those GP9u's? Nice models.

Thanks and you can get them here:

http://trainzproroutes.com/downloads/index.php?act=category&id=54

Greener Cities? Must not be a railroad town...:hehe:
That is very good that your pa started a site on that issue.
We need to do more to improve our surroundings. Flourecent light bulbs are a start and quitting littering is a very good move.
Please give him my congrats!

Woody

Ya it is a great idea cuz...the future has a habit of arriving.;)

Don't worry I did...he's my dad lol

cam

I saw the funniest thing yesterday!

We were on I-40 and a hatchback passed us pouring smoke and fumes out its muffler. What was funny was there was bumper stickers all over it saying;
"Save the Trees"
"Heal the Earth"
"Tree Hugger"
"Save the Rainforest"
and here is the funny one,
"Pollution=Earth Murder"
:eek::hehe::eek::hehe::eek::hehe::eek::hehe:
What is wrong with the picture here?!:p

Diecastgalore's U25B reskinned into four different Pittsburgh & Lake Erie schemes (but I only have screenshots of three of them, one produced errors). P&LE purchased early production U28B's which shared the U25B's nose:

PLE2800LF.jpg

PLE2814LF.jpg

Only six engines wore this paint scheme. U28B's 2808 and 2818 were two of them:
PLE2808a.jpg

Next, Chesapeake & Ohio:
CO2500.jpg

In 1992, CSX purchased P&LE, operating for a while under the name of Three Rivers RR (TRR). What if... (This needs cleaning up.)
TRR2029.jpg

What if CSX transferred their ownership of P&LE over to NYS&W, of which they own 40%? Not realistic at all, but...
PLE2042NYSW.jpg

I tried that with RF&P, too. The long hood gets messy.

I saw the funniest thing yesterday!

We were on I-40 and a hatchback passed us pouring smoke and fumes out its muffler. What was funny was there was bumper stickers all over it saying;
"Save the Trees"
"Heal the Earth"
"Tree Hugger"
"Save the Rainforest"
and here is the funny one,
"Pollution=Earth Murder"
:eek::hehe::eek::hehe::eek::hehe::eek::hehe:
What is wrong with the picture here?!:p

Hatchback does not equal camelback. No coats staying "white from noon 'til night upon the road of anthracite". Perhaps overfire jets, thermic siphons, and adding a combustion chamber to the front of the firebox may help. :hehe:

If I saw some Pennsylvania or NYC or New Haven U25B's and into the dreaded Penn Central and Conrail then I'd get all of them including those Penn Central/New York Central F7's.

Last edited:
NON-PROTOTYPES
An ex-CN SD50F-2

ex-Conrail GP15-1

PROTOTYPES
(somewhat)
ex-Conrail B40-8 #4099(a stand-in as a Super 7 until somebody makes one)

Real Pic

ex-UP/SP SD40T-2 #8801

Real Pic

Yes, it was actually. Alco made a few cars in road island, and even won the vanderbuilt cup one year.

From what I understand, they made a pretty decent automobile.

Okay, I guess I'd better post a reskin:
SD9b.jpg

Since this screenshot, I have actually numbered the unit (I couldn't decide). Unfortunately, the large gyrating headlight must be black or else the frame, fuel tank, pilot, handrails, etc. will also turn the same color. I haven't managed to get that blue strobe light to change color yet. Yellow or white/silver would be more appropriate for a locomotive in the United States.

Back