New CP Route In Wisconsin WIP

BN coal train 882 was on the agenda for todays train chase.....Our day begins out near La Crosse along the Mississippi river where we pick up our BN coal train racing to a power plant near Portage

The 882 slams over the diamond here at Grand Crossing in La Crosse

Train 882 rounds the curve here at Fort McCoy...With some HUMMERS waiting to cross the tracks and head out to the field....Also you can see the old CNW bridge in the back round where once the CNW ran on that line and now they run on the CP

882 pokes out of the Tunnel here at Tunnel City

We then raced him to Tomah as he passes the Amtrak station

A shot of 882 on the Wisconsin farm lands

We then catch him passing the CN/WC yard here at New Lisbon where they interchange cars

After they left New Lisbon....A MoW crew came to check on the signals that were stuck on

Zipping over the bridge and passing the depot here at Wisconsin Dells

As the train slows thru the Portage yard he gets ready to head to the power plant

With its cars cut off at the plant...The power comes back to Portage where it will re-fuel and wait for its empties and leave Portage as train 883 back out west for another load of black diamonds

Well thats all for now.....Till next time........:wave:

Wow WCL! you've outdone yourself on this one..
May i ask where you got those leasure boats floating under the bridge in your one screenshot? I've looked for small boats, but couldnt seem to find them..
Thanks.
Sean

Looks intense WCL. :) How long does it take to run a typical train realistically from one end to the other and how much do you have remaining?

Looks intense WCL. :) How long does it take to run a typical train realistically from one end to the other?

Doing track speeds with freight takes about 45 mins to about 1.5 hrs or a lil more...I know its over 45 mins cause my kid was running her stuff on it and did track speed and it was well way over 45 mins and she was not to the other end yet by far..........

and how much do you have remaining?

Just a few touch ups as I go....Texture adding, small details here and there...I am not going to make it hard on other PC's for people that have a slower machine...So its pretty much PC friendly.....

THE FLOOD OF 2008

6-10-08

With all the rain we had in Wisconsin....Some of the railroads had some detours over other RR lines....In this case the CP closed its Watertown Sub as water levels in a swamp near Reeseville rises above the rails.....The CP trains got on CN tracks at Duplainville and headed up towards Oshkosh and then over to Stevens Point and to Junction City where it went SOUTH towards New Lisbon and back onto their home rails......

So...With that being said....We headed down to Duplainville to see what CP detours we could catch....Upon arriving at Duplainville we see that a CP train 429 is waiting off in the distance to get onto the CN tracks as it waits for a CN south bound train to pass

We then waitied for the CN potash train to come on thru

On the point was a brand new set of ES locos

After the potash train has cleared the line...CP 429 got a highball to head up on the CN tracks and make its way up towards Oshkosh

Train 429 heads up slow on the connection track where the CN runs its locals over to Milwaukee

As 429 creeps off the connection track, he starts to throttle up to pick up speed on CN tracks

With 429 in the clear....We stick around for sometime to see what else we could catch....We look at the time and we realized that the Empire Builder train number 7 was due thru here very soon....We heard the sound of a distant horn.....We knew it was him.....Sure enough....As train 7 got a clear from the dispatcher he slowly made his way up the CN connection track as well

With train 7 in the clear we then headed out for some lunch......Till next time

Last edited:
Amazing

That's pretty awesome work, WCL! You should totally make your own download site! :cool:

Pity my 2006 crashed...I shall fix it up in no time!

Here is one more to add.....

Here is a UP local heading thru Milwaukee on its way to a grain elevator thats on the out skirts of town

Last edited:
Lets wake this post back up so I can get back into swing of things here and get this route done by fall and released......:wave:

Well it should just about be done....Just have to wait for some signs from Adam and replace the switches and looks like it shall be done and out

Was out trout fishing on this stream way out in the sticks...Heard there were some nice catches out here....Well been out here for a while now and didnt catch anything...BUT...We did get lucky and catch this CP train #614 an E/B Sulfur train making its way towards Chicago :wave:

Back