Train Crashes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ding ding we have a winner!
This is of course Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, would be nice if we could get similar effects in TRS

I call it the Ultimate Ultimate Tanker :hehe:

Screen_451.jpg

Screen_452.jpg

Not contest entry ! :eek:

1997 Rockville Bridge

A Bad Day at Rockville 1997
After almost 100 years of neglect, water constantly freezing and thawing caused the mortar to deteriorate, causing a pier to partially collapse. The bridge was re-enforced with bolting and plates, (a patch up job), and now has been downgraded 2 tracks, instead of 4 tracks. Still a disaster waiting to re-ocurr.
Screen_032.jpg

Screen_035.jpg

Screen_033.jpg

Screen_034.jpg

Screen_041.jpg

Screen_043.jpg

Screen_044.jpg

Screen_045.jpg

Screen_048.jpg

Last edited:
interesting. Two things, is that Invisitrack or is an actual wreck? Second, I take it that it is based on an actual wreck. What happened?

cascaderailroad,

I am totally put off by these type of threads , but came across your screenies by total accident !
I am impressed with your work ------

---DLR

Everyone likes a good crash, well done sir!;)

Lorin
"snip" If it was a real accident, then I'm not laughing! (Hope that goes without being said)

Last edited:
That reminds me of the Knox mine disaster here in PA. The mine was running out of coal so the people in charge of the mine ordered the miners to start mining the coal pillars. This weakened the structural integrity which caused a section under the Susquehanna river to collapse. The river then started draining into the mine, filling it with water and creating a gigantic whirlpool. They needed to fill the hole so the railroad that ran next to it, (i think it was the Suzy-Q) brought a crane in, unhooked the track, and lifted it over the hole. They then shoved several hopper cars into the whirlpool where they were sucked into the hole, eventually filling it.

I read about the whirlpool !

I think a whirlpool is going to be kinda' hard to recreate, I can't even invision what a spectacle that was shoving hopper cars into a whirlpool ! Truely unbeleivable, but TRUE ! WOW !
Screen_041.jpg

not really. It is as much of a part of railroading as rolling stock or the locomotive. Setting up a rail accident, such as a minor derailment, can be a nice part of scenery of your route. If one of your AI drivers decides to drive over the limit and rear end a coal train, it is something that happens and is pretty realistic.(minus the physics of course)

Why does it bother you that there is a thread like this? You can just ignore it.

One or two threads I can ignore , the whole Forum filled with silly questions and chat between newer members is taking over ?
Plus screenshots of topics that are on the very edge of what should be permissable , in my opinion !
And in addition , I thought gradeschool started and some/most of these posters would be busy with homework ?
But as they would say , ' My bad ' !!

---DLR

Is this really on the edge of what it permissible? Plus im not in grade school. I, for one, am in college. I like studying the science of train crashes, or any crashes for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back