Narrow gauge screenshots

So as part of my ongoing process of importing stuff from my older installations of trainz I finally got around to BDANeal's narrow gauge stuff here is some of the NG36 goodies.

Does anyone know of a D&RG route big enough to give them a good workout?
the cumbres and toltec route would be large enough methinks , its 60 odd miles .
and you are right , they are beautiful models, some of the best .
btw norm what did you do to get the colorado and southern locos woking in TANE ? , mine would not play ball ( although i didn't try to fix them as i've been doing a lot of other time consuming things recently )

the cumbres and toltec route would be large enough methinks , its 60 odd miles .
and you are right , they are beautiful models, some of the best .
btw norm what did you do to get the colorado and southern locos woking in TANE ? , mine would not play ball ( although i didn't try to fix them as i've been doing a lot of other time consuming things recently )

Thanks Dan, I've worked on these engines so many times that I honestly forget what I needed to do to get them into TS12 and then TS12SP1 and then TANE. Some of the general things I do is run AssetX to fix the textures, convert PMs to Ims using PEVs PM2IM, and correct any syntax errors that might crop up in the config.txt file. I usually do not update to a newer build. I also have a bdaneal folder on my desktop that contains textures that frequently get dropped from the originals such as Waterglass.tga, engine_black.tga, and etc. These are in some locomotives and get dropped from others.

Edit: Wow <kuid:440833:100030> Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad by ljaguilar is pretty darned impressive thanks for pointing the route to me.

How nice to have a home for Prowler901's C&T locomotives

Last edited:
ljaguilar does a nice job of transitioning from desert to forest.

I must admit my fingers are itchy to replace the billboard trees with speedtrees and I'm wondering what industries were along this route prior to it becoming "Scenic".

Maybe ljaguilar will do a version from back in the day.

A small excursion train on it's way home from Tobacco Hill to Shyte Creek. The sun is setting and the passengers have all had a nice relaxing day, as the summer begins to draw to an end.

1c74f552dc5c34b3752ff9a4a97d6f87.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten

ljaguilar does a nice job of transitioning from desert to forest.

I must admit my fingers are itchy to replace the billboard trees with speedtrees and I'm wondering what industries were along this route prior to it becoming "Scenic".

Maybe ljaguilar will do a version from back in the day.

Glad you enjoy the route! The trees were the 2D ones simply because I didn't want to risk blowing up my Laptop. Now that I think of it, it probably wouldn't have had much of an effect on performance as I though it would. The C&T is currently undergoing a major overhaul and might come in a modern version and a "back in the day" version. And yes, Speedtrees.

<First post here>

July 18, 1968

Here we have the engine Stan, surpassing the engine Wilbert, who has been shunted to a siding in favor of Stan who is pulling five ore cars filled with crushed limestone on route to delivery to the nearby cement plant. The siding is located next to the station in Owlshire a small village along the privately owned Kittleton & Smith Railway, which extends roughly 3.5 miles to Alesbury. The railway saw its height during the 30s to 40s, however after World War two saw the railway struggle financially, having to sell three engines and most of its rolling stock. In 1956 it was sold to, two wealthy Liverpool businessmen and railway enthusiasts Mr. Kittleton and Mr. Smith. Besides the monetary funds coming from Kettleton and Smith, the other funds to run the railway come from passenger service and the Smith & Son Limestone Quarry.

image.png

Latter that day, this time it is Willbert passing Stan on the siding near the North Alesbury station where the speed limit drops from 25 to 15 mph.

KS1.png

Glad you enjoy the route! The trees were the 2D ones simply because I didn't want to risk blowing up my Laptop. Now that I think of it, it probably wouldn't have had much of an effect on performance as I though it would. The C&T is currently undergoing a major overhaul and might come in a modern version and a "back in the day" version. And yes, Speedtrees.

Thanks to you and your brother for this awesome route ljaguilar! I am looking forward to seeing what you guys accomplish next and any further developments on this route.

BTW did you know you can make most stations interactive using pencil42's generic platforms? They work especially well with colorado71's stations.

This is pretty much a must have route for anyone that's done the work to get prowler901's locomotives into TANE or anyone that likes running steam over grades. (there are lots of them)

PS Welcome to the forums Zeckster180, great first post!

@ Norm,

Wow, that route looks very good in TANE. I have it installed in TS12 but your shots actually look better. I am going to have to move it over. If you like the C&TS, another reasonably large, and I think nicely done, Colorado narrow gauge route:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?96674-Durango-to-Silverton-1930-s-1940-s

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?99344-Durango-to-Silverton-1930-s-1940-s-Realeased

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...to-Silverton-1930-s-1940-s-FREEWARE-Realeased

The creator originally uploaded the route with a large number of JVC payware assets. On request he was kind enough to upload a second version using all freeware assets. I like it very much. I have the payware version installed on my PC in TS12 but I am going to take a try at a TANE install. Should be a piece of cake for you.

I love your shots, by the way. Always looked forward to them. Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Paul :)

@ Norm,

Wow, that route looks very good in TANE. I have it installed in TS12 but your shots actually look better. I am going to have to move it over. If you like the C&TS, another reasonably large, and I think nicely done, Colorado narrow gauge route:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?96674-Durango-to-Silverton-1930-s-1940-s

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?99344-Durango-to-Silverton-1930-s-1940-s-Realeased

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...to-Silverton-1930-s-1940-s-FREEWARE-Realeased

The creator originally uploaded the route with a large number of JVC payware assets. On request he was kind enough to upload a second version using all freeware assets. I like it very much. I have the payware version installed on my PC in TS12 but I am going to take a try at a TANE install. Should be a piece of cake for you.

I love your shots, by the way. Always looked forward to them. Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Thanks Paul, I've had the Freeware version installed in TANE for awhile but didn't really look at it. Missing too much. I went ahead and installed the payware version, more from curiosity than anything, and it looks OK.

The freeware version might look better if I do substitution of the old speedtrees in TS12 and then import it. I'll add it to my list of routes to mess with. :D

Well it dawned on me that I could edit my copies of mcguirel's SpeedTrees v6 trees to obsolete her SpeedTrees v5 trees, it seems to be working sort of.

This is the freeware version of Durango and Silverton, it will look better as I get more trees obsoleted and really looks good further up the valley.

Doing your usual magic I see Norm. Very Nice. I had a feeling the route would look better in TANE. I love that last shot.

Doing your usual magic I see Norm. Very Nice. I had a feeling the route would look better in TANE. I love that last shot.

Thanks my approach to this update was different than what I usually do. Usually I go through each SpeedTree 5 asset and replace it in TS12 with some billboard asset that works in both TS12 and TANE then once all the ST5 assets are replaced I import it into TANE. Then I go back through and replace all the billboard assets with SpeedTree 6 assets. It takes a lot of time and organization but the results are pretty good most of the time. Because Durango Freeware used all mcguirel ST5 assets and because I own all of mcguirel's ST6 payware I tried a new process editing the ST6 assets to obsolete the ST5 assets. This is a process that is fraught with the possibility of wide ranging errors and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't comfortable with foolin' with stuff at this level. On the other hand now all these faulty assets are fixed for all the routes from TS12 that use them.

Before

After

Last edited:
Back