Driver Order

chili46

I may have asked this question before, but a search of the forums does not reveal anything.

Here's my problem. I have several AI drivers at the beginning of the driver list with very complex schedules. These were created in my early days before I realized that in order to use the CTRL {#} to switch drivers for the non-AI ones doesn't work as desired. Is there any config file I can edit or database changes that can move more non-AI drivers to the top of the list? I have several trains criss-crossing the map(s) that have very complex map command (drive via, drive to, wait, etc). The passenger trains are the most complex: drive to, interior lights on, LM3 load/unload, hornz, interior lights off, drive to {next station}, repeat.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TIA,
Chili

There's no command, script, or database thing to do that, but you can rename your drivers if you want.

hi Chili,
Like John said, currently no moving of drivers in list unfortunately (much asked feature)
What helps me a lot, is group often used commands with:
<kuid2:192081:1:7> Copy Commands From
<kuid2:192081:12:5> Schedule Library
FI: wait(5sec), open passenger doors left, wait(20sec), close passenger doors left, wait(5sec)
I grouped in 1 command called : Stop left
ofc also the right side version.

Then with my Set-Driver-Condition-Rule, the Driver-Trainlist can be filtered: All trains, has Driver, Driving, Stopped
this gives me easy fast access to all trains. Handy if you drive 8 trains or more.
greeting GM

Last edited:
Thank John, GM. Yeah, I know how to rename the drivers, but doesn't help with what I want to do.

GM, I've looked (briefly) at the Copy Commands and Schedule Library, but not that familiar with how it works. The author has limited information on his website and has said he no longer supports it.

I know for a fact that these command are stored somewhere - they just don't get executed magically. The question is: where? They are also associated with a driver - again, where? Down deep in the bowels of the primary program somewhere I assume, but I guarantee you they are stored somewhere.

The database where they are stored is called soup in trainz
When you add a driver and/or command in edit session, when you click the v,
it gets stored in the soup, this soup is attached to your session(not your route)
When you play the session the soup gets read and the drivercommands you saved are retrieved and executed
if we want to sort or move, the base script has to be rewritten.

hi this is what i do
Install all Interlocking Towers assets
Enable them in set up
Then in driver set up change driver names Upper case letters non AI
Lower case AI
Then when in driver go to RUN TIME MONITORS
View tower manager
Then click on trains
This will list drivers in alphabetical order uppercase first the lower
Then I minimize the window till I change to another train
Hope this makes sense

Matt

hi this is what i do
Install all Interlocking Towers assets
Enable them in set up
Then in driver set up change driver names Upper case letters non AI
Lower case AI
Then when in driver go to RUN TIME MONITORS
View tower manager
Then click on trains
This will list drivers in alphabetical order uppercase first the lower
Then I minimize the window till I change to another train
Hope this makes sense

Matt

Sounds interesting, but I can easily switch drivers with a few mouse clicks. Click on the current driver (lower left of the screen/window). This brings up all the drivers. Scroll down to the desired driver and click on the eyeball. Yes, it's fairly simple, but not AS simple as CTRL {#}. I guess that's what I'll have to live with.

Thanks all.

I like the idea of lowercase driver names, I've used the driver-name - P to know that driver named Joe - P is a portal version of Joe in the past, for example.

The Schedule Library from Driver Rule plus it's companion Copy Commands From..., found in the driver commands, is the best combination ever and simple to use too.

In the edit session screen, enable the Schedule Library.

Go into the driver commands and add Copy Commands From...

Go back to the Session editor where you added the Schedule Library and open that up.

You'll be present with a blank area. Create a schedule. You'll have to give it a name. Enter in your commands as if you are adding them to a driver. The only command that doesn't work properly here is the repeat command because it confuses things.

You can create multiple "schedules" of driver commands, group them together and even rename them if you want.

Once all your driver "schedules" are created, you then edit your drivers and insert the Copy Commands From... in the driver command queue.

Place a Wait 20 seconds add in Copy Copy Commands From. That command will open up and you then choose Insert schedule. This will present you with the list of the schedules that you created previously. There are other options, but only use Insert Schedule. They have never worked properly, meaning they get a bit squirrelly and weird things happen due to their inconsistent nature. Once your copy commands from command is setup, you can have the driver do whatever. If you want to repeat, place at the end as usual. The wait command is important because it gives the command a change to load. You can string multiple Copy Commands from together one after another. Insert a Wait 20 between them. This is great for setting up complex schedules. I use it this way, for example, to create a lengthy trip, I divided up the very large route into what I called divisions. The Schedule Library schedules were grouped by divisions and this made finding them a bit easier when setting up the driver (They're not displayed in the same fashion and are alphabetically organized). I also named the schedules descriptively.

How it works.

In Driver, your AI driver will wait its 20 seconds as requested. Then the Copy Commands From... driver command will pop up as if water was added and everything spilled out. The driver commands as presented can be changed on the fly if needed, but this doesn't affect the original in the Schedule Library. This is great for troubleshooting and for other on the fly changes. The good thing is, however, if you do discover a bug, you can go back to the Schedule editor and edit the schedule for many drivers at once by editing the one schedule in the Schedule Library.

Where this command and rule combo shines is with repeatable commands used by many consists such as a transit route, or other schedules that have multiple drivers doing the same thing, and especially with portals where inserting a consist from the pre-made consists followed by a driver and wait and Copy Commands From makes the portal setup so easy.

Again, not an option. I don't have any schedules for multiple maps that are the same. Each one is unique. I only wanted to move the AI drivers down in the list so I could use the CTRL {#} option to switch between NON-AI drivers.

Don't know if it'll help in your case, but you can also use ctrl- and ctrl= to rotate through all the drivers.

I think this might work for me! Thanks. It does cycle through all drivers, so on a large map with several AI's it may take a little more time than using the driver pop-up window. Will do a little more testing, but this does look very promising.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back