Maintaining my computer

If a PC is operated below 50 F to 32 F that can be bad, even worse is at freezing (32 F) or below, as batteries won't charge in Antarctica sub zero weather.

I thought we were talking about just the CPU. The recommended operating temperature is normally specified by the manufacturer of the system. Taking it from a warm environment into a cold one may give some condensation problems, locally people have been running electric cars ie lithium battery at minus 25 c which is roughly minus 15 f, I think my NEXUS 7 runs at minus 20c but the battery doesn't last as long.

Cheerio John

The answer to your second part is now it is not possible to run a CPU at too cool a temperature at least on a normal PC. Some over-clockers use liquid nitrogen to cool over clocked CPUs to keep them stable which is much cooler than you would normally experience in the home.

In answer to your first usually there is specific software used often supplied by the motherboard manufacturer however I'm not aware of all the nuances of Win 8.1 and it maybe possible.

Cheerio John
Thanks, John.

I don't think humidity makes any difference to a computer, unless it condenses.

The sense of condensing moisture this can really be a problem, but very moist, humid air also makes a warm environment more difficult to cool down because the air molecules become thicker. This is why a humidified room feels warmer than a dry one when both rooms are the same temperature.

With thick air being unmovable, this makes the computer work harder to stay cool as the ambient temperature is adding to the computer's own thermal conditions.

Speaking of high humid conditions and problems... In April to May 1987, I was in Taiwan as an engineering/QA technician. I was there to oversee a pilot run of a new terminal product being manufactured there. The products were placed in burn-in ovens to force thermal failures, and is something that the company even in the US had done as well. As a tech, we'd get the boards back for repair after the systems had burned in for 24 hours. The Taiwanese manufacturer did the same with the equipment my old company was having manufactured there. During April and May it is more like July and August back here in the Northeast, or perhaps like southern Florida in July. The air was hot and sticky and the factory was not air-conditioned. While the units were burning in, there were flash-overs in the high-voltage power supply circuits, causing the units to catch fire. Upon inspection, we found that the warm moist air had caused arcing between pins on some transistors and capacitors, which in turn caused short circuits and some fires inside the units.

This is of course, the extreme, but it shows it can happen even with non-condensing moisture under the right conditions.

John

So you are saying "moist" air is more conductive, as in a lower resistance? Probably so.
But consider that pure water has a very high resistance.

So you are saying "moist" air is more conductive, as in a lower resistance? Probably so.
But consider that pure water has a very high resistance.

There is a high resistance normally with water, but remember this wasn't completely soaked. There is also a very close gap between the pins as well, being transistors and caps. I can't remember the actual dielectric values of air and water offhand, as I haven't touched this kind of stuff since about 1990 or thereabouts, but the values are very high. All it takes is a bit of a breakdown caused by the moisture between the leads and then there's an arc over between the pins.

John

Good morning everyone. The goal for my summer project is to upgrade and prepare my computer for the new simulator of the Trainz series along with the new release of Microsoft's next operating system “Windows 10”. "Trainz A New Era" will be a huge step up from the train simulator that I have been using to construct my project for for a couple of years, "Trainz 2010". I have been using "Trainz 2010" to work on the Major Tri State Area Project which was started back in 2011. “Trainz 2010” is good but already obsolete, nearly 6 years old so I would like to upgrade to “Trainz A New Era”, because a lot more is possible in this simulator once fully complete. I have a feeling that “TANE” will be able to utilize more modern computer hardware efficiently.
Below is a document that I created showing updates that I would like to make to my computer to prepare it for TANE. I am running on a tight budget right now and am trying to save money for what I need in college so I am not sure if some of the updates that I listed below could skipped or not needed at all. Really trying to save my money. I have a Corsair Obsidian 650D case that I received a while ago but never used it. Right now, everything is in my Zalman Z9 case. The Corsair Obsidian 650D looks like it would be a better case but I am nervous about moving over everything from the Zalman Z9 case to the Corsair Obsidian 650D case because I do not want to break anything or mess anything up. Can I please get some suggestions with which case would be recommended to go with?
Below there are two upgrade paths. Upgrade Path #1 shows the updates that I would make if I decided to stick with the with the Zalman Z9 case. Upgrade Path #2 shows the updates that I would make if I decided to move everything over to the Corsair Obsidian 650D case.

Upgrade Path #1

Update #1) One way I view it, I already have a working case (Zalman Z9) so if I spend the time to perform some cable management on it, I would first remove all the components from the motherboard and clean out any dust and debris that has gathered.

Update #2) Since “Trainz A New Era” along with “Windows 10” will be released soon, I am thinking about purchasing an External or Portable Hard Drive so that I can back up all the content including routes and scenery from the “Trainz 2010”, along with music and pictures that I already have on my computer. Not necessarily throwing all my work away but keeping a backup of all my stuff just in case all my files get lost or corrupt one day. I think it’s a good idea to have a big storage or back up closet because you never know when files and data would be corrupt. Once something is corrupt or lost, there is no repairing it or getting it back. Below, are two examples of Portable hard drives that are affordable and would probably be good for my purposes such as backing up “Windows 7” on my desktop and “Windows Vista” on my laptop along with “Windows 10”.

· Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB Superspeed USB 3.0 Portable Hard disk Drive
· Western Digital My Passport Ultra 1TB Superspeed USB 3.0 Portable External Hard drive

Update #3) I have been thinking about putting a coating of Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste on my CPU for improved cooling from the heat sink because my pre-applied thermal paste that was already on my stock CPU fan is already 3 years old. Below are items I found to help keep the CPU in good condition
· Arctic Silver Thermal Remover
· Arctic Silver Thermal Surface Purifier

Update #4) I would like to purchase an aftermarket CPU cooler to mount above my CPU so that I can slightly over clock my AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition processor anywhere from 3.5Ghz - 4Ghz. My stock speed on the processor with the stock CPU cooler mounted above is 3.4Ghz. Below is a good affordable cooler that I found.
· Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo

Update #5) For “Trainz A New Era”, I was thinking about installing it on a 512GB SSD. The new simulator would be installed on the SSD and everything else such as the operating system, music and photos would be installed on the 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda hard drive that I already have.

Update #6) I was not really sure about this update because if I have “Trainz A New Era” installed on an SSD, then I should get high fps with no stuttering in “Trainz A New Era” with the GTX 570. Since I have a GTX 570 and a GTX 550Ti card in the Zalman Z9 case, the CPU fans spin faster and work harder in order to keep the computer running, so the PC fans are ouder compared to when I was just using a single GTX 550Ti, especially when running programs like “Trainz 2010”. I read that the GTX 570 is a high performing card but it needs a good amount of wattage from the power supply causing it to easily get high temps when under load and stress. I am debating whether or not to take out the older GTX 550Ti and the GTX 570 and put in a single 7[SUP]th[/SUP] or 9[SUP]th[/SUP] generation card such as a single superclocked EVGA GTX 750Ti or an EVGA GTX 960 since they feature the Maxwell Architecture. From what I understand, the older 5th generation Nvidia cards use the Fermi architecture which is a less efficient than Maxwell. The pros of buying a 7[SUP]th[/SUP] or 9[SUP]th[/SUP] generation Nvidia graphics card would be that I am a little more current than before since Maxwell is the newest architecture by Nvidia. If I went with the EVGA 2GB GTX 750Ti superclocked card or the EVGA GTX 960, that would mean that I would be able to use more high resolution textures longer than the GTX 550Ti and GTX 570 because they only have 1-1.2GB Vram. The con to purchasing the GTX 750Ti, is it would probably be a step down in terms of performance from the GTX 570 card but it would offer similar performance to a 550Ti. Can I please get some suggestions with the GPU. I don’t know if it is really worth it to add a new GPU because the GTX 570 and GTX 550Ti perform well, and if I manage the cables well in my case and if Trainz is installed on an SSD, then I should get no stutter in TANE and the cards should be able to run cooler. If I stick with the Zalman Z9 case, then I would probably remove the GTX 550Ti card and just run off of the GTX 570 card for improved airflow since both of them combined take up a lot of room, keeping the 550Ti as a backup just in case anything happens to the GTX 570

The following post contains upgrade path #2

Last edited:
Upgrade Path #2 (Above is upgrade path #1)

Update #1) Migrating my current components such as the motherboard and hard drive to the Corsair Obsidian 650D case. It has been in one spot unused for almost a year so it has gathered a good amount of dust so I think in order to restore the case to better condition; I would need to use a can of compressed air with the case in open space. Keeping the case clean would really help with good ventilation, cooling and airflow. Use alcohol and paper towel to clean the edges of the fan. For even smaller parts, use alcohol on a q tip.
My next update would be to transfer all the components from the inside of my current Zalman Z9 case into the Corsair Obsidian 650D case after I clean all the dust out of it. At first, I was a bit unsure whether or not to switch over to a different case because my computer is already working fine but I know that 9 times out of 10, in the summer months when it is hot and humid, due to the fact that I have two GPU’s with one of them being an older high performing GPU, a lot of heat is involved and if I add that to the bad cable management in the Zalman Z9 case, that would equal bad airflow. Along with Windows 10 coming out, a 512GB SSD just for “TANE”, a newer graphics card that utilizes the Maxwell Architecture along with a new CPU cooler, I think just transferring everything over to the new case would be the way to go. I am nervous about transferring everything over to the Corsair Obsidian 650D because I do not want to mess anything up but the only way I learn about the computers is by giving it a try.

Update #1) At first, I was thinking about seeing if there is a way to better utilize my current Zalman Z9 case but then I thought that the Corsair Obsidian 650D would probably be an upgrade to the Zalman Z9 case because it has more features than my current case. Also, it is made out of aluminum or metal, which my current Zalman Z9 case doesn’t have. The aluminum would help to keep the case cool. The Corsair Obsidian 650D also has a huge 220mm fan on the top, with an intake fan on the front and a rear fan on the back. My Zalman Z9 case does not have a big fan on the top. Those three fans combined would help with airflow.

Update #2) Since “Trainz A New Era” along with “Windows 10” will be released soon, I am thinking about purchasing a 1TB Portable Hard Drive so that I can back up all the content including routes and scenery from “Trainz 2010”, along with music and pictures that I already have on my computer. Not necessarily throwing all my work away but keeping a backup of all my stuff just in case all my files get lost or corrupt one day. I think it’s a good idea to have a big storage or back up closet because you never know when files and data would be corrupt. Once something is corrupt or lost, there is no repairing it or getting it back. Below, are two examples of Portable hard drives that are affordable and would probably be good for my purposes such as backing up “Windows 7”on my desktop and “Windows Vista” on my laptop along with “Windows 10”.
· Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB Superspeed USB 3.0 Portable Hard disk Drive
· Western Digital My Passport Ultra 1TB Superspeed USB 3.0 Portable External Hard drive

Update #3) For improved airflow in the case, I would need to perform some cable management once the transferring over of components to the Corsair Obsidian 650D is complete.

Update #4) I have been thinking about putting a coating of Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste on my CPU for improved cooling from the heat sink because my pre-applied thermal paste that was already on the CPU fan is already 3 years old. Below are items I found to help keep the CPU cooler and in good condition
· Arctic Silver Thermal Remover
· Arctic Silver Thermal Surface Purifier

Update #5) I would like to purchase an aftermarket CPU cooler to mount above my CPU so that I can slightly overclock my AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition processor anywhere from 3.5Ghz - 4Ghz. My stock speed on the processor with the stock CPU cooler mounted above my CPU is 3.4Ghz. Below is a good affordable cooler that I found.
· Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo

Update #6) For Trainz A New Era, I was thinking about installing it on a 512GB SSD. The new simulator would be installed on the SSD and everything else such as the operating system, music and photos would be installed on the 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda hard drive that I already have.

Update #7) I was not really sure about this update because if I have Trainz installed on an SSD, then I should get high fps with no stuttering in “Trainz A New Era” with the GTX 570. Since I have a GTX 570 and a GTX 550Ti card in the Zalman Z9 case, the CPU fans spin faster and work harder in order to keep the computer running, so the PC is louder compared to when I was just using a single GTX 550Ti, especially when running programs like “Trainz 2010”. I read that the GTX 570 is a high performing card but it needs a good amount of wattage from the power supply causing it to easily get high temps when under load and stress. I am debating whether or not to take out the older GTX 550Ti and the GTX 570 and put in a single 7[SUP]th[/SUP] or 9[SUP]th[/SUP] generation card such as a single superclocked EVGA GTX 750Ti or an EVGA GTX 960 since they feature the Maxwell Architecture. From what I understand, the older 5th generation Nvidia cards use the Fermi architecture which is less efficient than Maxwell. The pros of buying a 7[SUP]th[/SUP] or 9[SUP]th[/SUP] generation Nvidia graphics card would be that I am a little more current than before since Maxwell is the newest architecture by Nvidia. If I went with the EVGA 2GB GTX 750Ti superclocked card or the EVGA GTX 960, that would mean that I would be able to use more high resolution textures longer than the GTX 550Ti and GTX 570 because they only have 1-1.2GB Vram. The con to purchasing the GTX 750Ti, is it would probably be a step down in terms of performance from the GTX 570 card but it would offer similar performance to a 550Ti. Can I please get some suggestions with the GPU? I don’t know if it is really worth it to add a new GPU because the GTX 570 and GTX 550Ti perform well, and if I manage the cables well in my case and if Trainz is installed on an SSD, then I should get no stutter in TANE and the cards should be able to run cooler. If I stick with the Zalman Z9 case, then I would probably remove the GTX 550Ti card and just run off of the GTX 570 card for improved airflow since both of them combined take up a lot of room, keeping the 550Ti as a backup just in case anything happens to the GTX 570

Last edited:
That's a decent case. I have the same model. Keep an eye on the front door. I ended up bumping it with my knee and broke the hinge and latch. I was able to fix it though with some help. My brother 3d-printed some replacement parts and they fit perfectly into place.

John

Cool, 3D printers are awesome. Would you recommend moving everything over to the Corsair Obsidian 650D.

I sure would. That case is really awesome and has plenty of air flow inside with the extra fans and holes.

I recommend getting some fans for the top vents and make sure you keep the filter clean on the bottom. I do this at least once a month in the winter as I remove the cat fur that collects..., and bit more often in the summer when the overall ambient temperature gets a bit warmer.

Other than keeping the hinge which my brother fixed for me, the case is rock solid and holds up very well.

John

Nice, the Corsair Obsidian 650D does look like a great case. I am curious, in my current Zalman Z9 case, do you think it's possible to get good airflow if I manage the cabling and work with either the GTX 550Ti or GTX 570 instead of both cards. I hope the GTX 570 or GTX 550Ti with the AMD Phenom II x4 965 slightly overclocked would perform well if Trainz A New Era was installed on an SSD. If I stay with the Zalman Z9, another option for the additional airflow in the case would be to add fans to the top of the Zalman Z9. This would all be done to work on TANE with decent temperatures and performance.

My goal is to see how I can manage the internals of my computer better without spending alot of money or make the upgrades possible where I get the most bang for the buck, really trying to save as much money as possible because I have to pay for school. My first thing to get is the external hard drive to back everything up just in case something goes wrong and my files get corrupted.

You might want to look a bit higher than the 5xx-series for TANE. It's quite a horse and the 500s seem to be on the lower end of the spectrum, though some people do use them. I know it means spending money.

I'm not sure how good the Z9 is. I used one of their older cases for years and it was pretty good, but not as good as the 650D I have now. ATM I see 36C for my GTX780Ti while in Driver or Surveyor in TS12, but substantially higher in TANE with all sliders set to full. I have found that I need to lower the draw distance to keep things from cooking the video card no matter how fast I set the fan on the card for. The processor runs at about 40C most of the time and the CPU fan spins really, really slowly which bothered me at first. I have the now older I7-3770 which has since been superseded by newer models, but a fan spinning at 5400 RPM looks like it's barely moving and much slower than I ever saw before. If things start to heat up, the case fans and the CPU fan kick in a little faster. Combine this with the top-fans I'm able to keep everything pretty nicely cool inside.

John

Cool, I have a feeling the 550Ti or the 570 will perform well with TANE if installed on an SSD. Right now in Trainz 2010 in my major tri state area project, I can get around 40 or 50fps in really detailed areas and around 100-200 fps in low detailed areas.

I have used the Z9 for almost 3 years now. This is the regular Z9, not the Z9 plus case. It has been pretty good and their are options in the case for cable management. From what I have noticed so far, it looks like it would be easier to manage cables and add hard drives in the 650D but it's still seems possible to perform good cable management in the Z9 case. I plan to overclock my Phenom II X4 965 to around 4Ghz with a Hyper 212 Evo aftermarket cooler and I think I'll add some arctic purifier to give the CPU a new look and longer life span and add thermal paste to keep the CPU even cooler.

I wonder how well Windows 10 will run with TANE compared to Windows 7. So far, the technical preview looks great. I heard that Windows 10 was supposed to be free upgrade to users with Windows 7 and Windows 8. If not free, then I'll stick with Windows 7.

As far as SSD goes, would you be able to recommend an SSD for TANE that would be a pretty affordable price while also offering good performance. I think a 512GB SSD might be enough since it would be used only for TANE.

Cool, I have a feeling the 550Ti or the 570 will perform well with TANE if installed on an SSD. Right now in Trainz 2010 in my major tri state area project, I can get around 40 or 50fps in really detailed areas and around 100-200 fps in low detailed areas.

I have used the Z9 for almost 3 years now. This is the regular Z9, not the Z9 plus case. It has been pretty good and their are options in the case for cable management. From what I have noticed so far, it looks like it would be easier to manage cables and add hard drives in the 650D but it's still seems possible to perform good cable management in the Z9 case. I plan to overclock my Phenom II X4 965 to around 4Ghz with a Hyper 212 Evo aftermarket cooler and I think I'll add some arctic purifier to give the CPU a new look and longer life span and add thermal paste to keep the CPU even cooler.

I wonder how well Windows 10 will run with TANE compared to Windows 7. So far, the technical preview looks great. I heard that Windows 10 was supposed to be free upgrade to users with Windows 7 and Windows 8. If not free, then I'll stick with Windows 7.

As far as SSD goes, would you be able to recommend an SSD for TANE that would be a pretty affordable price while also offering good performance. I think a 512GB SSD might be enough since it would be used only for TANE.

I can't recommend anything regarding SSDs because I've never installed them. From what I've heard TANE performs well with them which would make sense given that only the program can be installed on the drive and the content anywhere else including a regular hard drive, which I recommend for space since SSDs are still a bit pricey.

I am presently running Windows 10 Technical Preview on my system. Both TANE and TS12 perform very well. TS12 currently performs quite nicely and far nicer than it ever did in Windows 8.x or even Windows 7. The present build 10061 has the best performance overall to date, and performance that's even better than I've seen previously with really nice memory management and disk access. As clunky as TS12 can be with large routes, it is quite spiffy under Windows 10. Keep in mind too that this is on a regular hard disk and not an SSD which my install wouldn't fit anyway. Having seen this, I can't wait until the final release is out and I can update all my PCs to W10. :)

Nice, it looks like I may be able to operate TANE on a regular hard drive once Windows 10 comes out since Windows 10 is faster than 8.1, 8 and 7. For the PC case, there are 3 version of the Z9 case. The regulular, plus and U3. I have the regular. I found a video that looks like it shows all the cooling options in the plus version of my case. I don't have the glass panel on the side door but I found that my case has the option to install 2 fans on the side panels, 2 fans can be installed on the top of the case and a fan can be installed at the bottom of the case. This video shows all the fans in action on the Zalman Z9 plus case with all the cables managed. It looks like it could have pretty good airflow if everything is managed properly and the blue lights look great.

I think I may have been undermining the potential of my Zalman Z9 case since none of my cables are managed properlyand the 2 graphics cards take up room. After I saw this video, I said to myself. This is actually a pretty great case once managed correctly. Another option for me would be, I can use the Corsair Obsidian 650D when I do a completely new PC build sometime down the line in 2 or 3 years.

TANE is officially out :cool:, I can't wait to get it. I am wondering, if it would be better to just wait and start using TANE when Windows 10 comes out because of the faster boot times and less resources. Would anyone be able to tell me how TANE runs in Windows 7 compared to running TANE in the latest version of Windows 10. Does the stuttering still exist in TANE and would an SSD really be needed or is a regular 7200rpm hard drive just fine for running TANE with little to no stutter? Throughout the summer time, I'm going to work on backing up the Major Tri State Area project to a portable hard drive, music, pictures and documents. I was also going to back up Windows 7 from my desktop and Windows Vista from my laptop to the same portable hard drive just in case I have to use them again in the future or if Windows 10 has alot of bugs. Also, would TANE be able to handle Direct X 12 when Windows 10 is released for free? If it utilizes Direct X 12, then I'll probably need to get rid of my GTX 500 series cards since they won't be fully compatible with Direct X 12.

Last edited:
I am currently running T:ANE on a regular 7200 hard drive with a 2TB Seagate and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. The 900 series Nvidia cards do directly support Direct X 12 moving up to a later series of card is never a bad idea with the performance enhancements that they bring. Waiting for Windows 10 is in no way required, why lose valuable playing time waiting for something to be released. I am running the Windows 10 Insider and have been for months now, the upgrade should be a fairly good one best communications with the development team that I have seen in many years of beta testing for Windows. Biggest thing I have seen as far as video cards is no current drivers that are specific to the new operating system, but that is to be expected currently, so stuttering still occurs on many games in Win 10, but each new build brings better performance and stability. Of couse some of the speed an performance I have is due to the new motherboard, CPU (5820 iCore 7, 6 core), DDR4 2666 RAM, Liquid Cooling Unit (Corsair 80i GT), Nvidia 970 4Gig video card. 2 1Tb WB hard drives (7200) a 500 Gig (7200) and 2 1Tb External Hard Drives for additional backup space. Backups of Operating systems I NEVER mix O/S's on the same backup hard drive, I use separate ones so there is no worry of drive failure costing me everything from a single drive.

That sounds great. I think your system would handle TANE very smooth since you are using a multicore processor, really good video card with a good amount of Vram and high speed RAM. I heard some news about Windows 10 and it sounds like a really good operating system. One of the reasons that I am holding off until it's released is because updates and new builds are released every couple of days and it's still at that stage where it's not fully stable or fully ready yet.

Hi everyone. I should have a decent amount of time throughout the summer preparing my computer to handle TANE. I'll be making small upgrades every couple of weeks. I was doing some critical thinking and looking back at previous posts and I drew out a line of upgrades that I would like to make throughout the course of this year. I have a very tight budget because I am saving my money for college tuition, books, and much more so I am trying to see what are the best possible upgrades that I can make on this tight budget while getting TANE to run good on my computer. I do not have TANE yet but I have read posts about it being very laggy even with a powerful computer. This week, I am going to get a 1TB portable hard drive to backup important files from all of my computers and I am going to work on transferring everything from my Zalman Z9 case into my Corsair Obsidian 650D case since it offers better cable management, cooling options and it's easier to install or mount storage drives compared to the Zalman Z9 storage mounting options. I was thinking, I don't have to scrap my Zalman Z9 case, but it can most definitely be cleaned, restored and used again sometime down the line in a future computer build.I have a couple of questions though since I am upgrading on a low budget.

1. Is it really worth it to upgrade to TANE or would it be better to continue the Major Tri State Area Project in Trainz 2010? I like what I have seen with TANE so far but I tell myself, I already have a simulator that is working just fine and it would probably be a long process to upgrade to TANE and fix all the errors. I use a good amount of older scenery items in the Major Tri State Area Project. I saw the trailer for TANE and I really like the new routes and all the special effects with the water, graphics options and new content. I have heard about problems with importing and transferring content to TANE because a lot of content shows up faulty with many errors. I hope the Major Tri State Area Project can be transferred to TANE with no problem. I am removing all the speed trees from my route with billboard trees since they look good and run good on the computer.

2. Would it be alright to purchase a 1TB 7200rpm hard drive just for TANE? It would be the same one that I have now. I have heard that it's better to install Trainz on its own drive rather than installing it on the same drive as the operating system and the rest of the files. My primary 1TB 7200rpm hard drive will have the Windows operating system, music, photos and documents and the other 1TB 7200rpm hard drive would only have Trainz a New Era on it. SSD's are a lot of money and I was thinking that perhaps, when the prices come down even more, I can work on upgrading to an SSD.

3. I am going to see how TANE runs on my GTX 570 card before considering any GPU upgrades. If it runs laggy, what would be the best bang for the buck Nvidia graphics card that I can purchase for TANE just below $200?

4. I am using an AMD GA 970A UD3 motherboard and a phenom II x4 965 black edition processor with a stock clock at 3.4 Ghz. Since I will be using the Corsair Obsidian 650D case and a hyper 212 evo aftermarket processor cooler , what would be a good speed to overclock my processor too. My cabling will be managed so there will be a good amount of airflow throughout the case. This will be my first time over clocking the processor.

5. Would it be recommended to install TANE on my Windows 7 computer or should I just wait until Windows 10 is released to run TANE on the computer? I am not sure if TANE is compatible with Direct X 12?

Back