CNW dash 8 question

JR is real good about being prototypical on everything they do- that is why they seem to take agonizingly long to release stuff, because they want everything to be just right. I'm certain that if there are no number boards, it is because they were removed. I remember reading in another thread (or maybe even on another site) that if the lamps in number boards are out or the boards are damaged, it results in a violation against the railroad. If they plate over where the numberboards were, and paint the numbers on, they can't be tagged for a violation. I remember reading that this was pretty common practice on the UP.

JR is real good about being prototypical on everything they do- that is why they seem to take agonizingly long to release stuff, because they want everything to be just right. I'm certain that if there are no number boards, it is because they were removed. I remember reading in another thread (or maybe even on another site) that if the lamps in number boards are out or the boards are damaged, it results in a violation against the railroad. If they plate over where the numberboards were, and paint the numbers on, they can't be tagged for a violation. I remember reading that this was pretty common practice on the UP.
Almost every UP locomotive has had the number boards painted over on the back side.... Lots of SD40-2's, SD60M's, SD60's, C40-8's, B40-8's, C40-8W's and even a few C44-9W's without the number boards on the back side....

Back