USA PROTOTYPE MULTIPLAYER ROUTE V5.3

mcguirel

Yagottaseediss!!!!!!!!!!!
How are people connecting as I have seen with Route: USA PROTOTYPE MULTIPLAYER ROUTE V5.3 WHEN Unknown Location: <kuid2:102657:25:127> ? :'(
Took me a long time to do all asset downloads and work arounds with CMP to not resolve one freaking file. This DLS Only Requirement is BS.

Way to much content for one route IMHO and to not be functional due to one KUID with hours of downloading without enjoying it. WOW
People who make Multiplayer Routes and Sessions need to be very highly skilled and very careful in there creation.
This has had revision after revision only to still have issues.

Not solely the creator's fault, but when you have a 1000 assets you are bound and determined to not meet N3V's DLS Requirement WHICH NEEDS TO BE NOT SO DARN STRICT.

Still yet to enjoy MP in TS12 after 2.5 months purchased and FCT. Waste of funds.

Last edited:
WHICH NEEDS TO BE NOT SO DARN STRICT

Amen to that, which would eliminate a lot of other problems;

"People who make Multiplayer Routes and Sessions need to be very highly skilled and very careful in there creation.
This has had revision after revision only to still have issues."

If the requirement for the SESSION ITSELF to be on the DLS was removed, just that one thing would make it possible for a group of people to actually TEST the blasted thing BEFORE they upload it. The way it's designed now, the second you add the multiplayer rule and save, it's no longer playable until you upload it, wait the minimum 24 to 48 hours (or more if the DLS update bot is in a bad mood) then delete it and download it - can't keep your original because that's "locally modified", can't save to a CDP and send out to testers because the act of saving to CDP makes it locally modified. You can't find this stuff in an insane asylum, you have to upload to the DLS before you can actually test multiplayer with multiple players to decide if it's worth uploading?! All the restrictions create a lot more problems than they prevent, it needs to be reprogrammed.

I say that all routes are a pain to download from the DLS. It is easier to download it from a website.

I say that all routes are a pain to download from the DLS. It is easier to download it from a website.
No offence, but the DLS is the website. The S in dlS actually stands for Site.

Dont waste time on the DLS. Simply select the route in Content Manager, download it, then go to the missing depenencies tab and download everything there untill that tab is empty.
How easy can it be?

If it is supposed to be a working MP session (since a route never makes something MP), everything can be downloaded that way without requiring any brain activity.

If you have a first class ticket that works, otherwise you have 20 assets that had updates, can't play it with the ones you have so you have to download the updates. At 5kBps that takes 5 hours, then you find you have to download all that from the other computer since you can't just save what you downloaded to CDP and import it into the second computer - saving to CDP makes them all "locally modified".

What the original poster is talking about is spending a whole day or even a couple of days downloading 500 megs of stuff, then finding the session won't work anyway since there's no way to actually check a multiplayer session before uploading it. Route and session on the DLS, no missing or faulty dependencies, check dependencies and it's all good, the problem is a KUID2 replacement for a commodity that was tested but never uploaded - the commodity itself was never used in the session, the freight car has no actual need for it, but since it's listed in the KUID table for the freightcar the multiplayer error checker won't accept the original KUID. And you can't change it in the KUID table to fix it, that makes it locally modified which is also no good. Can't fault the guy who uploaded the freight car, on his system the CM error checker said it was fine. Can't fault the session creator, CM said the route and session were fine, except there's no way to run a session past that idiotic fusspot multiplayer error check until it actually IS uploaded. Creating a multiplayer session requires a lot more brain activity than a regular session, and regardless of how careful the creator is, he has absolutely no way to test it without uploading it.

DSL = Down Load Station What people call The Black Pages. Content Manger is where you should Down Load any session that is for multiplayer. A route/session may be on the DLS but it can't be played untill it showed up in Content Manager. Finding all the dependeces, Right click on the session go down to view dependences then view in main list. now if there any on DLS drag & drop into download helper. If there any fulty delete them and re-download them, this fixes &/or updates them.Once all are found/fixed,do a database repair extended,close content manager wait a minute reopen,this refreshes it and changes will be saved.

I utilize the black pages as a resource. Content Manager is the means to download.

Downloaded Dependencies thru Content Manager as well including multiple search criteria to download additional missing dependencies CONTENT MANAGER FAILED TO RECOGNIZE and DOWNLOAD when it was a NEW ASSET DOWNLOAD. I know how to use Content Manager EFFECTIVELY.

The FIRST POINT of this post is HOW DO SOME GET AROUND A FILE MISSING as I saw 4 playing, yet I could not.
The SECOND POINT is to inform ROUTE BUILDERS/ MULTIPLAYER SESSION CREATORS the direct results of TO MUCH CONTENT and the EFFECTS RESULTING IN MULTIPLAYER FAILURE TO THIS POINT. People need to rethink Multiplayer Content Building Approach due to the N3V Structure.

I just know that i wait till it come out in CM and that is where i download it from. I do like i say above and i get or fix everything,do the repair close,reopen let data base update then close CM. Start trainz join session and i have no problems joining 5.0,5.2,5.3.

Actually that is good advice from Danny. The truth is Multiplayer is not user friendly and can it can be a right pain to join a session somethimes. What Danny sugested may not work for everyone but it will allow a lot of people to join a session, who otherwise would not be able to. You can sometimes update a version without actually seeing it in CM by dragging the old version to the Download Box, which I have done in the past However as I don,t trust Multiplayer very much these days it is advisable to wait that extra day or so until you can actually see it. I don,t know whether it is advisable to download off the so called Black pages or not but I would sugest you only download via Content Manager to be on the safe side. Upon reflection I disagree with Mcquirel,s second point to a degree. Route and session creators such as myself should only use Built in or downloaded content from CM but the amount of content does not make any difference to Multiplayer. As for "Rethinking Multiplayer Building Content Approach due to N3V Structure" I have no idea what it means never mind doing it!

"People need to rethink Multiplayer Content Building Approach due to the N3V Structure."

No, no, no. Read my posts, the problem is there is NO WAY TO ACTUALLY TEST a multiplayer session without uploading it first. N3V needs to rethink the structure since the current setup is just plain ridiculous, creating a multiplayer session is simply rolling the dice and hoping to get lucky. I can be ultra cautious about what assets I use and even carefully test the session - AS A SINGLE PLAYER SESSION - in a virgin copy of TS12, all assets built in or on the DLS, no assets faulty, no subdependencies faulty, nothing locally modified, everything tested and confirmed A-OK by the content manager checker. But there is NO POSSIBLE WAY to see how well the session will do with the multiplayer error checking, since the minute you add the multiplayer rule to the session it becomes a multiplayer session, and can no longer be tested without uploading to the DLS, waiting the 24-48 hours, then downloading again.

This fiasco;

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?78422-multiplayer-woes
Took a week of obstinate pounding to convince the developers that the TS2010 assets recently uploaded were arriving faulty for the end user, and I still haven't managed to convince them that the whole KUID2 replacement system is bugged or that they need to redesign sessions so that session rules are automatically added to the KUID table.

The fact that some people appear to be playing and you can't could easily be due to some idiotic thing like a session rule that others have installed and you don't, or a driver character with a faulty KUID2 replacement. Obviously there are some idiots who will upload multiplayer sessions using assets from 3rd party websites, but the majority are painfully trying their best to religiously stay within the rules and guidelines - which are broken and need to be fixed.

Just looked up that asset,others have been having trouble with it,its boiler oil fired firetube.The author is advance.It works fine for some, others have to grab the cdp we have available on the teamspeak file browser.The teamspeak channel is posted on the session,and the ip is 24.34.133.237.There should be someone around who can help.

as for the updates,little broken things appear randomly somehow between the upload and the dls files.Our guys repair these as we find them and have to make another version.yeah we make mistakes too.
By the way the upload is rejected if anything is not on the download station.We do manage to get on,usually after checking and rechecking for missing dependencies and a few full database repairs.

We love our trains and wish to share the fun of our imaginary railroad.Most here will help if you let them.We aren't experts and do not claim to be.With teamwork and patience and a little luck we manage to have fun.Stop by our teamspeak,introduce yourself,put on your engineers hat and say hello.Always keep in mind its a work in progress theres gonna be some broke things now and then...thats my two cents for what its worth.
-OUT-

oh almost forgot we are running 5.5 now,and it has a few bugs to be fixed too,danny and casanova are fixing those now.

Hi npr,

Welcome to the forums.

Can I ask why you think that? Most issues relating to downloading content for Trainz can be rectified quite easily.

Shane

Back