multiplayer woes

sniper297

Coconut God
Well, I read the testimonial thread, didn't try to add my testimonial because the only thing I can think of is TS12 might be okay if they ever finish it. It still needs a ridiculous amount of work for something that's not considered a beta.

Last night;

94367940.jpg

I haven't locally modified anything, something in TS2010 and TS12 both insist on opening random engine specs for edit then committing them on launch. I've taken to selecting the Open for edit tab and reverting whatever I find before starting the game, so there shouldn't be anything locally modified. You're the boss tho, you won't start the multiplayer session unless you have everything your way, it's out of MY control, so go ahead and revert whatever you think you need to revert.

94844652.jpg

No. Seriously, you're pulling my leg, I checked and triple checked route and session in content mangler, there is no missing dependency icon for either one, so all of that is not up to date? Well, you're the boss, you MUST be the boss since I'm not allowed to start a multiplayer session without your approval, so do whatever you think you need to do. I gotta introduce you to my second wife someday and sell tickets to the event, the battle for control would be spectacular.

15 minutes later, FINALLY got into driver. After a couple hours nobody joined, so I shut down and went to bed figuring I'll try again tomorrow.

Well, now tomorrow is today, shouldn't have to jump thru all them sillyassed hoops again since it SHOULD have everything it needs after all that yesterday, right? Wrong. Exact same errors, exact same list of over 100 dependencies missing or not up to date, if you're gonna insist on perfection then fix the blasted thing so it's perfect then LEAVE IT ALONE. If you gotta fix it a second time it was something YOU busted, because I didn't change anything!

Seriously. This thing needs a LOT of work still, it's not a finished game.

Its for sure on your end because had trainz 12 no problems even in multplayer. So there is something causing a issues on your end. I know of one problem in trainz 12 is this is not one of them and there minor anyways. the only problem I have seen is some update in trainz 12 and some don't update, it glitches but besides that most updates are fine and what has happened here is not the same issue I see.

Last edited:
Well, now tomorrow is today, shouldn't have to jump thru all them sillyassed hoops again since it SHOULD have everything it needs after all that yesterday, right? Wrong. Exact same errors, exact same list of over 100 dependencies missing or not up to date, if you're gonna insist on perfection then fix the blasted thing so it's perfect then LEAVE IT ALONE. If you gotta fix it a second time it was something YOU busted, because I didn't change anything!

Seriously. This thing needs a LOT of work still, it's not a finished game.

Here is a thought, uninstall it and put it away and check back here everyday and watch and wait till it is finished...:hehe:

Seriously though complaining day after day really just makes you look silly.

Here is a thought, uninstall it and put it away and check back here everyday and watch and wait till it is finished...:hehe:

Seriously though complaining day after day really just makes you look silly.

I know right its like we have people buy this game just to find all the problems and complain 24/7:hehe:. I can understand simple problems but come on how come I never get all this crazy problems?

I haven't locally modified anything, something in TS2010 and TS12 both insist on opening random engine specs for edit then committing them on launch.

its not random. you use raildriver. raildriver opens engine specs for any locomotives you use. this is so it can control them. this has been normal operation and i dont think it has anything to do with your problem as it isnt modifying anything.

Cripes, I thought I had all the cheerleader weenies on my ignore list, gotta add one more. :wave:

That's better, now the only post I can see is Justin's. :cool:

Raildriver, hey? Okay, was gonna fire off a flamemail at Tim anyway about all them steam loco specs that don't respond to the RD reverser and throttle, may as well add that. I think it was Rocco or Amber I talked to last year who said someone was working on a patch for that, I think we're overdue.

This other stuff can't be RD related tho, "locally modified" I didn't modify squat, some of the update nonsense has a green triangle, but the revert option in edit is grayed out for all of those. Is this thing keeping different databases for assets or something?

Unbelievable. I'm launching it for the third time after checking everything in CM 3.6, and for the third time it's insisting on running the exact same locally modified missing out of date nonsense. Cheerleaders better stop reading right here -

SLOPPY PROGRAMMING. :n:

If it has to do it once that's understandable, if it has to do it every time it launches that needs to be fixed.

Unbelievable. I'm launching it for the third time after checking everything in CM 3.6, and for the third time it's insisting on running the exact same locally modified missing out of date nonsense. Cheerleaders better stop reading right here -

SLOPPY PROGRAMMING. :n:

If it has to do it once that's understandable, if it has to do it every time it launches that needs to be fixed.

I would rather be a "cheerleader" (and I have been using the program a lot longer than you have by the way) than a constant complainer that can't seem to go a day without issues...

I would rather be a "cheerleader" (and I have been using the program a lot longer than you have by the way) than a constant complainer that can't seem to go a day without issues...

Sniper.....

Would you like some popcorn?

Regards,

without trying to sound like a cheerleader, is there any chance that something might be stuck in the editing area? maybe a database repair is in order?

i have 3 installs of TS12 and i have never seen this message appear more than once for any one route/session used in multiplayer. in one of my installs i had made some changes to the built in JR content and it got reverted when i played multiplayer, no sweat i should have expected it, but it made a backup of the items and reverted them to the originals. my other install is vanilla TS12 with no additions, and my third one has this feature disabled.

the only thing i can think of is something that might be stuck in the database and prevents it from getting the updates... or, that you might be running two instances of cmp/ts from different installs at the same time. this causes one taddaemon to be open, and it can only work from within its own installed path. so what i mean is, if you have two installs, and you start one cmp or game tadd will start from that game. if you close the game or cmp and start the next one before tadd finished and closed, the next instance of the program will try to use that tadd... when i have done this some strange things happen.

Better watch out aardvark, scuzzy has his own BLOG and he might use it on YOU! :eek:

Justin, dunno, what I'm doing here is checking everything in the clean copy of TS12 that I use to test installations, when I started downloading the route and session I did the filter check;

Location = local
Built in = false
Select all, delete all.

Next test, faulty = true, then locally modified = true, nada, zip, diddly squat. Once I'm sure I have an unmodified copy of TS12 build 48249 I downloaded route and session, checked those for problems, came up clean. Then launch the game from content manager 3.6, maybe that's the problem - I just now tried the fourth time, got the same silly routine.

This;

90679371.jpg

Is too screwy for St Louie, dl701eng is the engine spec for the Alco RS11, I could understand that one chronically being opened for edit blamed on some kind of bug in the Raildriver software, but is the Raildriver crew staying in that boarding house?!

Double checked that the folder on the F drive matches the shortcut I have for "TS12 Clean", I'll try the extended database rebuild and see if that fixes it - after backing up the entire folder of course, last EDR I did for TS2010 screwed up a quarter of the built in files.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=77737

Better watch out aardvark, scuzzy has his own BLOG and he might use it on YOU!

~~~~snip~~~~

Oh dear, I am soo scared if he would do that. But then, I know he would have me confused with someone who cares.:)

Also, I did DL one of your locos into ts2009<<<corrected from original post>>> sp4.... loaded with NO issues.

I will need to wait until the route shows up on CMP for 2009, W7 doesn't like to download it from the black pages.

Will let you know how it works.

Regards,
Ron

Last edited:
"ts2001 sp4"? Or you mean TS2009 SP4? Allegedly anything created in TS2010 build 44088 will work in TS2009 SP4, haven't heard any reports one way or the other on any of my stuff, so I would be interested to hear. The TS12 multiplayer session is unlikely to work in TS2009, but there are a bunch of solo TS2010 sessions that should work in TS2009 SP4 if the labeling isn't a flaming lie. Essentially the templ8 session for 2010 is the same one without multiplayer, so no sense even trying to download the multiplayer if you don't have TS12.

Haven't gotten to the database repair in TS12 yet, currently trying to get a Royal Scot working in TS2010 for one of my grandcritters. Which has a missing dependency icon for both locos since it claims there's an update for the hornsound. So click on the hornsound, which does indeed have the update available icon showing, and I get this;

89632759.jpg

That's too much, the original KUID is the replacement for the original KUID and two completely different KUIDs are listed as other versions? Whatever the problem is it wouldn't download, so I downloaded the Duchess hornsound and replaced it with that, then had to screw around with all the other errors to fix those. Got one working but with the wheels spinning, gotta go look up the animation line fix for that now. Someday I will get back to this, I'm not quite ready to give up and play Tetris instead, altho I completely understand why so many have. :hehe:

Last edited:
Alrighty then, EDR complete, checked the automatic content update and there are 282 items on that, some of the Russian ones download as faulty so I restored the folder before the automatic update and left that alone. None of my dependencies are in that list anyway, here's the problem;

Backsteinhaus1,<kuid:68787:22116>
Backsteinhaus2,<kuid:68787:22117>
Backsteinhaus3,<kuid:68787:22118>
Bahnhof Freital,<kuid2:151900:100253:1>
Barleyfactory,<kuid2:151900:100037:1>
Betonbridge 2 tracks,<kuid2:151900:100290:1>
Boarding House 2story,<kuid2:77573:24171:1>
Bridge-Supp-Gider-01,<kuid:82412:71031>
Bridge-Supp-Gider-04,<kuid:82412:71036>
Building Tower 3,<kuid:-1:100445>
Cab QuietEngineSound,<kuid:60349:53001>
C-41 Driver,<kuid:43955:50048>
C-41 Pilot,<kuid:43955:50049>
C-41 Steam,<kuid:43955:53004>
C-41 Tender Truck,<kuid:43955:50050>
Dummy Truck,<kuid:43955:50017>
ET-Platte4,<kuid:68787:1311>
ET-Platte5,<kuid:68787:1312>
ET-Platte6,<kuid:68787:1313>
Green coke HP,<kuid:46162:60003>
HP Track Tunnel,<kuid:46162:1125>
HP Xing lights 1t no traffic,<kuid:46162:1231>
K-27 Whistle,<kuid:43955:54003>
Locomotive Sand,<kuid2:86105:60601:1>
Maple-Beech-Birch 200m-wide Cover spline,<kuid2:33404:500902:3>
No Cloud 01,<kuid:523:110014>
Scott Street Tower,<kuid2:87145:28006:1>
Signal Rail End USA,<kuid:-1:110007>
Signal USA 05,<kuid:-12:214>
Station Metro,<kuid:-1:100502>
Station Union,<kuid:-12:314>
S-Town-Building-1025,<kuid2:82412:6001425:1>
Through Plate Girder 3 Span Bridge 2 Track,<kuid:61119:23190>
Tside Cover station,<kuid:-1:101150>
Tside Switchtower LPC,<kuid:44797:28017>
Tside Watertower NYC,<kuid:44797:28001>

ALL of those show the "locally modified" green triangle. Select all, delete all, download them again, brand new freshly installed they all get the green triangle icon. The revert option is grayed out, try edit in explorer to open it for edit, then edit revert, got the green triangle again. Delete and download again, can't get rid of the green triangle, so apparently I'm locally modifying by downloading.

Enginespecs will always be open in CM after running a session, regardless of whether you are using raildriver or mouse/keyboard.

Its a PITA that has been around for several years and it is about time it was fixed.

Sniper,

what settings do you have in CM\Settings\Miscellaneous for Remove Items from DLH.

Automatically on completion is what I have

also Automatically Commit when installing CDPs.

Well, if I ever get to the bottom of this I'll run some tests with an install that doesn't have the RD software, either confirm or deny RD is at fault. Can't figure why it would open a boarding house for edit, and I have seen strange things like the NYCTA engine spec being opened after saving a session to CDP, and near as I can tell RD isn't running when the content mangler is mangling content.

Meanwhile, so much for the EDR;

86110832.jpg

Izzatso? Everything was present and accounted for this morning, even if some of it was "locally modified", have you tried looking on the DOWNLOAD STATION?! :sleep:

Apparently not, I tried deleting the route and session in CM to download again, the session is no longer listed. They really gotta get all these databases talking to each other.

Meanwhile, so much for the EDR;

86110832.jpg

Furthermore: TS Mac is TS12 engine but TS2010 content, apparently. So with all those great multiplayer scenarios for TS12, TS Mac folks will always see that error, because we aren't allowed to have TS12 built in content.

Multiplayer in Trainz is like a strange sort of Berlin Wall environment: one side for PC owners, one for Mac. We can't meet and play together !

Never did get confirmation on that, TS mac does have multiplayer, but only compatible with other TS mac users? As for the game engine, TS12 is the TS2010 game engine with doppler, a volume control, and multiplayer, they didn't make any changes to the game engine itself. All the people who claim TS12 has improved performance are deluding themselves, it's the same as TS2010 native mode when you're not comparing apples to oranges.

Missed Ian's post earlier, currently have the session running but no joiners (hardly surprising with only 19 downloads and I'm probably the only one who can get it to run at all) so I'll shut it down and check out your tips, back later.

Back