Screenshot of the Week: 7/15/2012 to 7/22/2012 (Warning: potential for large shots)

Retro00064

This week's theme: Trains and aviation (suggested by jaxonjared).

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on July 22 at 12:00 a. m. UTC (July 21 at 8:00 p. m. here in the eastern U. S.), after which point voting will begin.

Next week's theme: Mountain shots (suggested by jcalmx55).

Please feel free to PM me with suggestions for themes, etc. They are much appreciated!

Good luck. :)

Regards,

Zachary.

Barnstorming

This will be my last entry until September. Sadly I’ll miss the mountains theme next week:(, but will be researching a few real ones in mainland Europe:D.

Here’s my Trains and aviation entry:​

Squadron Leader Bill Boards swoops upwards, having easily outrun a 9f travelling though the southern English countryside.

At lower altitude is Flight Sergeant Charlie “Penguin"
1 Harris who is having trouble gaining altitude. This could either be due to his vast previous experience of only having flown Mahogany Spitfires2
, or an acute need to lose a considerable amount of weight.

World War 2 UK slang translations:

Term for ground officers with no operational experience - a bird with wings that can't fly.
2 A desk "flown" by "penguins" and "ground wallahs".

ed5ea76e.jpg

Fantastic shot !
Note the water, which is in fact a foggy painted texture ... Whatzat' in da' water, peeking out from behind that totaly knarley dead tree ?

Fantastic shot !
Note the water, which is in fact a foggy painted texture ... Whatzat' in da' water, peeking out from behind that totaly knarley dead tree ?

It is a very nice natural screenshot.

c'mon cascade, use your mouse , change the view and look from the other side like I did and you can see it's a broken down bus parked under the tree.
:D

When most think of Aviation, the thought of a Huge Shinny Boeing 747 or a Sleek New Military Fighter Jet flying high and fast comes to mind....

I hear Aviation, and I think about the first plane I ever flew in...a crop duster. Here we see a farmer receiving a set of brand new Crop Dusters via a local freight pulled by a PRR A5s!

planestrainz.jpg

SteveLerro

somebody refer to me Ning remove image I did not is this highjack of my post??:eek:
Ning know my english no good but just post Zachary said trains and planes so Ning put airport with planes and ferry if no good take Ning out no problem at all

Ning:eek:

Submission closed. The voting is here.

Nice shot. You might want to display the image directly in your post, however, as this is more convienent to voters than having to click a link to open a seperate webpage with the image. If Facebook does not offer the ability to share a direct link to the JPG image file itself (not just a webpage showing the image, as you have linked to above) or does not provide "Forum code" to copy and paste into your post, then you may have to upload the image to an image hosting website, such as http://hostthenpost.org/.

Since I do not believe the issue of regular users being unable to edit their posts here in the Competitons forum has been fixed, I would have to change your post for you. PM me as soon as possible if you want this done.

Regards,

Zachary.

Last edited:
Back