Screenshot of the Week: 7/9/2012 to 7/16/2012 (Warning: potential for large shots)

here is my entry
can't keep up with all the great shots everyone is posting but i will still enter

817Taylor_20120713_0003.jpg

-Taylor

The London, Brighton and South Coast Railway's 'crack' express was the Southern Belle, seen here coasting across Tooting Common in the charge of Marsh H2 4-4-2 'Atlantic' no 424, about 1922. Following grouping in 1923, the Southern Railway named this class of locomotives after landmarks in the south of England. No. 424 was named 'Beachy Head'. All were scrapped in the 1950s, but a new example of the class, which will carry 'Beachy Head's' name and number, is under construction at the Bluebell Railway in Sussex.

sb1.jpg

Brooklyn NY, July 15, 1914, corner of Adams & Plymouth near foot of Manhatten Bridge. Jay Street Connecting Railroad engine No. 1 with a string of cars
headed for Empire Stores and Dock Street Freight Yard

Submission closed. The voting is here.

<snip>

Work in progress by unemployed freelance routemaker William Leasure. Give me 2 months to complete trackage from fresno to bakersfield! And can someone please make the Amtrak San Joaquins passenger cars? We will need them for this route. When the route is hopfully merged with the mojave sub as it terminates in Bakersfield it would make a great multiplaer map.

Cheers William:cool:

William, since I failed to post about this until now (which is too late), I have listed you in the entrants list in the voting thread, and voters thus may vote for your video as they would a screenshot, but keep in mind that this is "Screenshot of the Week"; videos are not a valid submission, this one case being an exception as aforementioned.

Regards,

Zachary.

Back