Screenshot of the Week: 2/5 to 2/12 (Warning: potential for very large shots)

Whiteshore3.jpg

:)

Health risk!

It appears I have not entered yet... thats weird... ~image snipped~

It is very very weird.

You entry looks like a screenshot from TRS1987 which has been stored in a damp basement for the last 20 years.

I hope it won’t contaminate the rest of the thread!:D

multon1.jpg

Not so long back, I took a break from my Kirkby in Ashfield project to do a quick Scenic test bed called Multon Grange, without wanting to spend too much time on it, I did what I wanted to do and uploaded it to the DLS, well, in the advent of the cold snap in the UK, I thought I'd like a winter set up so revisited this and converted it to the Derby Dales in december

Last edited:
ben2201202.jpg

Not from Trainz1987, but TRS2004 which I still use (due to it's stability): On a rainy day a vintage train between Fischboedle and Bentisch on my Insula layout.

It is very very weird.

You entry looks like a screenshot from TRS1987 which has been stored in a damp basement for the last 20 years.

I don't know weather to take that as a compliment or an insult :hehe:

Aging screenshots is just what I do :)

Cheers
Stevo

Compliment!

I don't know weather to take that as a compliment or an insult :hehe:

Aging screenshots is just what I do :)

Cheers
Stevo

It’s certainly not an insult.

It’s my (probably failed) attempt at humour. I would never intentionally insult anyone!:p

Whilst I’m not a believer in ‘photoshopping’, I do like that antiquing effect.

Cheers
Casper
;)

yes photoshopping should not allowed in this thread just pure trainz shot

I don't know that I'd go that far... maybe... I like some of rbar's stuff, I like some of the black and white or sepia shots, and I like the frames some of the entrants use... eh, if the photoshopping is too extreme I suspect they wouldn't get many votes. Really up to the mod I guess.

I think photo shopping is ok for enhancements, vibe, frames etc. Using it to add images of objects that do not exist in-game seems a little out of place since these are essentially screenshot challenges. Maybe a different thread for postcards or Trainz inspired art would be good for that. I've seen some really cool stuff in these contests, but the ones that are more true to the game seem the most interesting, and are the ones that make me want to try certain things in my routes.

Edit: I'm guessing the Rbar shot is the one in question, and if so, it would be a cool looking shot without the antiquing... It's not over done, and you can tell the in-game look isn't totally hidden. Then again, it's up to the folks who vote anyways.

Last edited:
i think photoshop is fair game, its a little harder to keep up with the people that have newer versions of trainz and the graphics are way better. so posting a shot from ts06 in a thread where most people are posting shots from ts12 is like bringing a fist to a gun fight, if photoshoping isn't allowed in the future, then i say make separate contest threads for ts09 and lower and ts10 and up.

Jeez, compared to my usual stuff, that shot is not photoshopped enough! I just put a 10% grey filter over it, slap over my weathering texture at 20% and put a border. Without photoshopping I stand no chance at comparing my stuff to that of Mezzo and others :(

Jeez, compared to my usual stuff, that shot is not photoshopped enough! I just put a 10% grey filter over it, slap over my weathering texture at 20% and put a border. Without photoshopping I stand no chance at comparing my stuff to that of Mezzo and others :(

It looks really good, that was my point. It just adds some vibe like an old photo. If your shot didn't look good to begin with, it wouldn't matter.

Personally I dislike your shots more when you add that stuff as it makes it very hard to see the screenshot. I'd go as far as suggesting you just submit a grey box sometimes.

peter

Personally I dislike your shots more when you add that stuff as it makes it very hard to see the screenshot. I'd go as far as suggesting you just submit a grey box sometimes.

peter

Gee, thanks :n:... maybe time to stop posting shots... I never finish whats in them anyway...

Without photoshopping I stand no chance at comparing my stuff to that of Mezzo and others :(

That's a crutch you don't need to pick up every time. Sometimes it works great, but not all the time. You have a good sense of composition and ambiance, your shots can stand on their own without the effects.:)

Back