6 into 1 will go

With a little bit work ATLS can be used for more than just crossings and lights. This set up uses a single lane bridge and allows two way traffic, a double track two way railway and two way shipping all to pass over or beneath one at a time. All controlled by ATLS.
Traffic permitted one side at a time. No trains or boats
sample 1.jpg

Train permitted. No traffic or boats
sample 2.jpg

Boats permitted all traffic and trains stopped.
sample 3.jpg

That's very cool. Nice to know things like this can be accomplished with the traffic system.

Regards,
-Mike

Brilliant! I have a 'thing' about shared road/rail bridges and I never thought of using ATLS to control them. Blindingly obvious after somebody else works it out :)

Andy ;)

That's cool. The ATLS system is awesome. Boat, you're the man!

Something else that's cool: modify your roads' config.txt files to change the value of the tag "istrack" from 0 to 1. Then you can place junction levers at your road junctions, which, used in conjunction with the AJS Traffic Controller and MiZi's Junction Link (thanks to paulzmay for suggesting the Junction Link!), allow close-to-random car turning directions.

Trainz road traffic can be made to work pretty nicely if you put forth some work for it.

Regards,

Retro.

Last edited:
Well done, Keith. You're certainly doing more with ATLS than I ever planned it would do!

Boat :)

Thanks. I just like to see how far things can stretch. Ive used the inverse slave to control the scripted semaphores at the crossing, which work well. Only problem at present is some levers not reacting when needed to be switched. This is a system problem and the reaction time that trainz now takes to work it out.

Ive put together a demo of some of the things ATLS is capable of doing. Channel 1 - 5 is level crossings. A single trigger operating a crossing inside a yard, basic double track crossing on straight and angled track, use with a ready made crossing asset and a crossing that uses all the modes to operate the same crossing. Other things include single lane traffic through road works, pelican crossings, basic crossroads and more complcated crossroads. The two bigger samples are the control of traffic and trams through a three lane tunnel with trams going from the outside lane to the inside lane through the tunnel. The other is the single lane bridge that will allow traffic, trains and boats to all pass through one at a time without conflicts.
All this uses ATLS assets in combination with the ATLS driver commands and with the ATLS priority triggers a wide array of situations can be created. Each of the samples ive built ive also put the used assets in the red boxed area next to it so you can see what has been used and try to recreate it.

The demo is available from HERE

Hello Stagecoach,

ref: your pictures.

Did you create the bridge yourself? If yes, is it available on the DLS? If not, would you mind giving me the name ( author, kuid ) of the bridge?

Best regards

Kurt :wave:

Back