Reskinning Cab Interior

How do you reskin the part of a cab so that you look out the window you see the right engine. For example: with the default cab, whenever you look out the back window it is always union pacific in all of the jointed rail es44dc's. I know how to change the cab of an engine through the config file but I do not know how to change what is mentioned above. Thanks.

Last edited:
In the case of the ES44's you need to clone the cab interior (gen dd40 int,<kuid:-3:10085>). Locate the texture used for the exterior view from the cab (dd40_int_body.texture). Since it's a texture file, convert it to a tga file using PEV's Images2TGA and then edit it to match whatever exterior is appropriate. When you commit the asset you'll get about 60 warning messages because the of the texture and pm files used by the asset, but there shouldn't be any errors. Then edit the loco config to use the cloned interior you just created. I haven't actually converted this one so I may have missed something, but that's the basic process.

Thanks for the reply. I'll do this for that cab. By the way has anybody reskinned cloakedghosts sd70mac cab and does anybody know if you can do the same thing? Thanks.

EDIT: Ok I found tga files named 2048_1, 2048_2, and 2048_3 that seem to be exterior textures in the cab folder. There are also texture files with the same names. I have never reskinned anything like this before and was wondering the quickest way to do it. Thanks

PS. These are for personal use only and will not be release.

Last edited:
Desk type I believe.

If you don't figure it out by tomorrow, PM me and I'll have a look. I do know the control stand type is almost impossible to fix the side color & logo of the locomotive, but I did it using PEV's tools --- at least I think I did:confused: . It's been a while since I messed with them.

Cheers,

Dave

Back