Problem with bnsf50 "Griswold US 2l1t" crossing

sawyer811

MKT Forever and always
At the request of a friend, i set one of these assets (Grade Xing Griswold US 2l1t) up on a route i'm building to see if i could get it to work with ATLS. He was having trouble and wanted to see if i had better luck. Lo and behold, it didn't work for me either! I did everything according to the manual, it's only connected to the slave, but it just won't work! the lights are supposed to flash and the stop signs are supposed to spit, but not a thing is happening. I'm blowing through with a grade crossing malfunction. Is this crossing just not compatible with ALTS or something? Every other crossing i've tried has worked, so it can be pandemic to all of his crossings. heck, some of them are designed to work with ATLS!

This has completely dumbfounded me. If anybody has any idea as to what's going on, can you let us (me and bunkerrattmk2) know in here? these crossings look great, it's a shame to see them not work. :(

It works just fine for me. Do you have any other crossings that don't work with ATLS? You do have to do more than just hook a slave up to it.

i had it channeled to the control and the trigger, i've looked at the atls pdf a few times i'm haaving a bit of a problem splitting the spine and adding the invisable track. i know this sounds stupid but could you post the steps for this crossing as screenshots for me? aka ...place crossing here ...ect.? thanks for any help ...:confused:

yes, they all work. I even programmed another crossing on the same route that used ATLS as a control, and it worked. it appears that's the only one. I'll post some screenies of my setup later. Have to go upload them first.

i had it channeled to the control and the trigger, i've looked at the atls pdf a few times i'm haaving a bit of a problem splitting the spine and adding the invisable track. i know this sounds stupid but could you post the steps for this crossing as screenshots for me? aka ...place crossing here ...ect.? thanks for any help ...:confused:

PS, you have to hook up a small piece of your desired track first, then hitch up the invisible track. I'll show that in what i did too.

ok ...sounds like a plan by the way ...i'm only using them for single track slow speed but traffic is either way so i belive 2 trigger is the way to set it up?

Did you look at the pdf's here http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/tutorials.htm ? Boat shows pictures along with instructions with each picture. You need to move the crossing or the track away from each other before adding the invisible track and slave to the crossings so that neither one will connect to the main line. Then slide the crossing over the main line so that it just looks like its hooked to it.

If you're using it for slow speed, 45-50 mph or less, then you don't need to bother with atls.

Last edited:
all speeds are yard 10 -15 mph....now i'm even more confused ...you say i don't need ATLS for slow speed? how do the crosings activate without ATLS? ok call me stupid i can build high end gameing computers and operated doppler radar in the marines ..and i can't get a bell to ring or lights to flash:eek: yes i have the PDF's on my desktop ...

all speeds are yard 10 -15 mph....now i'm even more confused ...you say i don't need ATLS for slow speed? how do the crosings activate without ATLS? ok call me stupid i can build high end gameing computers and operated doppler radar in the marines ..and i can't get a bell to ring or lights to flash:eek: yes i have the PDF's on my desktop ...

Just hook the track to the crossing. The crossing does have to be one with a road way built into it, like the one that OP was talking about.

ok ...it's the same crossing in the first post the one with the yellow stop sign...with the blue and red bnsf50 logo ..so all i do is connect the track to both ends and no using ATLS? what i'm saying is drop the crossing where i want it and connect the track and nothing else?

ok ...it's the same crossing in the first post the one with the yellow stop sign...with the blue and red bnsf50 logo ..so all i do is connect the track to both ends and no using ATLS? what i'm saying is drop the crossing where i want it and connect the track and nothing else?

You got it.

You said it had the blue and red bnsf logo on it. That means you've already hooked some invisible track to it. To get rid of that just delete the crossing and put a new version of it down and hook the track to it as it will take on the same design as the first track that is hooked to it.

Last edited:
i'd like to thank you ...it works great now ...i did have to change the bell mode on it but brother i like it ! thanks to both of you for the help . this simplifies a whole lot of things.:D

You're welcome, glad to help. On another note as to the road's you connect to the road plate, you'll be best to use my roads, the ones with bnsf50 in the name as you'll find that some other creators roads to not match up correctly, that is they may hover over the top of the road plate or be to wide for the crossing. Note that you can change the looks of the road plate and apron in the crossings properties window as well to better match the road that you are using. There are 28 different textures to choose from.

Back