GWR (Great Western Railway)

peterwise

Steam Era Fan
I would really like to encourage content providers who produced content for the steam era GWR (Great Western Railway) - in England & Wales - to update and/or validate their content to TS12 (v3.5) or at least TRS2010 (v3.3) standards. There is so much of it in TRS2004 - though much does not work at these higher standards or look so good on HD monitors.

My own interest is in Standard Gauge GWR c. 1930s, but I am sure there are others who are interested in the earlier Broad Gauge (BG) content.

I notice "isambardkingdombrunel" (who from the the use of the great man's name has to be primarily interested in the GWR), has uploaded several new items (to TRS2010 (v3.3) standards) in January and February this year (2011) which is wonderful. Unfortunately the DLS is down and I can't see what they are! However, what about 'chrisaw', 'skipper1945', 'johnwhelan', paulhobbs', 'rickysykes' (Irish Narrow Gauge, West Clare Railway too Ricky), 'jonny211', 'bobsanders' and many others. Come on you guys - we're hungry for Steam!

If you (reading this) also want this content speak up here and let's encourage these wonderful people to provide us with more content on the DLS for "God's Wonderful Railway!

All the best,

Peter.

PS: NOTE TO WEBMASTER: please change forum search to allow three character keywords (like DLS, GWR etc)!

I would really like to encourage content providers who produced content for the steam era GWR (Great Western Railway) - in England & Wales - to update and/or validate their content to TS12 (v3.5) or at least TRS2010 (v3.3) standards. There is so much of it in TRS2004 - though much does not work at these higher standards or look so good on HD monitors.

My own interest is in Standard Gauge GWR c. 1930s, but I am sure there are others who are interested in the earlier Broad Gauge (BG) content.

I notice "isambardkingdombrunel" (who from the the use of the great man's name has to be primarily interested in the GWR), has uploaded several new items (to TRS2010 (v3.3) standards) in January and February this year (2011) which is wonderful. Unfortunately the DLS is down and I can't see what they are! However, what about 'chrisaw', 'skipper1945', 'johnwhelan', paulhobbs', 'rickysykes' (Irish Narrow Gauge, West Clare Railway too Ricky), 'jonny211', 'bobsanders' and many others. Come on you guys - we're hungry for Steam!

If you (reading this) also want this content speak up here and let's encourage these wonderful people to provide us with more content on the DLS for "God's Wonderful Railway!

All the best,

Peter.

PS: NOTE TO WEBMASTER: please change forum search to allow three character keywords (like DLS, GWR etc)!

I'm not aware of any of my content that doesn't work under TS2010. Unfortunately N3V have deemed that in their view any content on the DLS maybe included in payware layouts so you may not see much new content on the DLS from myself in future. Also I haven't yet convinced myself that TS12 is worth the $50.

Ricky Skyes died in 2008, Steve Flanders worked with him and has content here:

ing4trainz.greateastern.org.uk

IsambardKingdomBrunel took some of my work and tested and uploaded it under TRS2004 when I'd moved on to TRS2006. At the time we weren't certain what the differences were but I think you'll find anything under his name is also under mine.

Jonny211 has been away from Trainz for some time but I have permission to reskin his content and you'll find updated versions under my name.

Bobsanders hasn't moved onto TS12 but does have TS2010. He has updated some items and others are being corrected as part of the DLS remove the errors.

Skipper1945 is going through his content currently, some updated Kings appeared on the DLS only yesterday.

Christoper Whiting is happy with TRS2004 or TC3 and I understand currently has no intention of moving to TS2010 or TS12.

Note content can work under TRS2004 and TS12. If there are no errors there isn't much point in updating it.

I have a couple of beta coaches floating around here that I ought to finish off sometime. http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=70761

Cheerio John

Peter,

non of the content on the DLS belongs to me, even under my username. It is as John said, content originally back dated to TRS2004 by me, but all John's work.

I recently updated it to run in TS2010 without errors, but the content, copyright and moral ownership remains John's.

IKB.

Needless to say the TRS2004 IsambardKingdomBrunel versions had more downloads than the original TRS2006 versions which probably explains why many content creators tend to use the lowest version that supports the features they are using.

There isn't that much that TS2010 supports that TRS2004 doesn't by the way. There is some new texture support but not that many content creators are using it even normal mapping is supported in both etc.

Cheerio John

Back