Trainz multiplayer patching problem

Ben1337

Trainz operator
Hello everyone.

I have a friend that's trying to patch his TS2010 to build 45607 (a multiplayer build) but he's having problem with the time it takes for him to patch (his computer is very unreliable and restarts causing it to loose the progress he has made and with 3 patches to go through, that's an aweful lot of time patching for his computer to restart, causing TS2010 to become corrupted).

I already have trainz at the build so I was wondering:
  1. He installs trainz origonal build.
  2. He extracts His built-in and user-data files (as do I).
  3. I transfer everything left (without built-in and user data)
  4. He replaces the files and folders with the one I sent him.
  5. He places his user data files and built-in.ja files in that directory.
  6. He puts his serial code into trainz via trainzoptions via the trainz launcher.
And then he will have the same build as me.

Or, is there a direct patch from TS2010 default build to the most recent multiplayer build.

Final option: Do a manual patch and not automatic.

Any suggesstions of how to patch without going through the automatic patching because to be frank, it's not fair for him to pay for a copy of TS2010 and not have a good enough computer to get a pice of multiplayer.:(

Did he register his TS2010 serial number before January 10,2011?
fraid not, he told me after making this thread, I told hom about that date when I had herd aobut it.
If he has, it can be done in 3 steps.

1.Installing the appropriate patch up to SP3 hotfix from http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=62766
2.Installing the multiplayer patches from http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=68097.

Shane
Yeah, that's automatic patches, they take too long to patch, I was wondering at thew time, if there was a faster way of patching because if they fail, trainz is corrupted.

OK - if he has not registered his serial number before said date, then he will not be able to take part in the multiplayer beta, which means he will only need one patch - the one to take him to 44088.

Shane

But my question remains, what if a user tries to patch up, but his computer isn't stable enough to do the patching?

Unfortunately, if the system is not reliable enough, then the issues relating to that need to be resolved before any patching can be done.

If you can get the system specs, it may help identify the problem.

Shane

well, that seems to be a bit of a naff way of patching.

on http://www.openttd.org/en/ they don't have a .exe for patching, they have a .zip and you replace everything with the .zip's conotents.

This friend has got:
  • AMD turion II Dual-core mobile m500 2.20 GHz
  • 4gb of ram
  • 1TB of Hard Disk Space (2 500GB hard drives)
  • NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti SLi
  • windows 7 home edition
Those are the specs I could get before he would go.

OK - the main things he needs to make sure is that he is running Trainz as an administrator, and that he has the latest Directx files.

The link I posted above is for the manual patch - it is possible to say no to the automatic patch, and install the manual ones.

Shane

The user should get a box appearing on startup saying a patch is available - it should be a yes/no box.

Also, in the Trainz Options box (which can be accessed using the Options button on the launcher) the user make sure the option to automatically patch to beta versions is unticked on the Developer tab.

Shane

Back