Subways, Underground, Tram or anything else Urban shots!

Hello Paul, as usual excellent screenies, in your first screenie dated yesterday, 8th nov. can you direct me to the traffic you have used please,..regards,...

Hello Paul, as usual excellent screenies, in your first screenie dated yesterday, 8th nov. can you direct me to the traffic you have used please,..regards,...

Can't see any traffic, but the traffic lights are boat's ATLS system. If you've never used it, it's just what's needed for building street tramways...

@Tume - those PCC cars look stunning! Will they suit the 6.4m overhead made by motorman1066, andi06 and silversmith with tracking trolleypoles? There's a few good routes we can run them on if so...

@Mark - putting me to shame as usual... :p

Paul

Hallo,

well I created the trolley pole at the front, because the original Muni PCCs have been equipped like this. I guess because they want to have to possibility to operate the cars backward – maybe just necessary while switching at the depot at maintenance yards.

Anyway the model PCCs will get a separate trolley car the way like at the other trolley street cars available at DLS, including a spark lightning effect. The front trolley pole will stay at the PCC’s mesh being a non workable component.

As you can see there are still a lot of details to be created. Some signs outside, adverts inside and the whole driver control panel including acceleration and breaking levers. This will be a challenge to solve the view problem. PCC cars have foot pedals for acceleration and breaking. To control it using the interior driver control option in TS (not DCC mode), the user would always have to turn the view down towards the foot pedals, to operate it with the mouse cursor. After changing the lever position, the user would have to turn the view up again, to look how the car goes on. It is imaginable, that this is not quite comfortable for users who wants to play with these PCCs.
Two possibilities:
First: Creating the pedal levers like the originals and the user will have to turn the view or uses the dedicated keys at the keyboard to control the car.
Second: I create the pedals as non workable dummies just for it to be there, placing two non original, half transparent looking levers somewhere at the control penal, where it can be controlled by using the mouse cursor, without changing the view.

Now to all – you are welcome, to tell me your opinion about this, or to make further suggestions. :)

Thanks for that explanation. I only asked because the PCC that I have operated and worked on (Brooklyn PCC 1001) only has one trolley pole and no rear controls. The one time I did ride MUNI, I never noticed the two poles on all the trolleys. Thanks.

tume.
Thank you for the compliments,and point taken about misalignment of track,roads/streets with the terrain difficulties, needing more time too get them correct.
Some intersections were ignored altogether where steep terrain was a major problem.
However my main focus was the Cable lines and only a short time was spent doing the Market St line, just to appease the requests and suggestions from the forum.
Leaving room for those who wished to extend the line,as you have.
I guess you imported the 04 version (of SF) into 06.
Of course the TC3 version is (to my mind) the better of the two,With more modern buildings and one way roads for the Embarcadero.
But it did not import well into TS09 without many problems,mainly 09 didn't like working over a map made with Dem/Hog giving me a lot of repair work with Cars and people either sunken into or elevated above the terrain, and terrain showing through the Roads.
Yes I had seen your Video on line,well done.
Cheers.
Norm.

TUME’s Street & PCC Car Project

Hallo,

besides my Milwaukee Road Project (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=39904) I am also working at a Street Car Project, just as I like trams. Also sometimes I need a little break working on just one project.

There is a set of PCC cars under creation as well as a set of street cars from back of the 30’s. Some of the PCCs will be a virtual model of San Francisco's Muni PCCs , the others will be set up as fictional versions.

Last year, I undertake a study for creating San Francisco’s F line by extending the cable car route which is already at DLS provided by NormP. But this would need the creation of a huge number of special buildings and a new track, street, junction and board walk asset to be able to build the many streets at the slopy terrain. Most of the buildings at DLS have been designed for a flat ground and would not fit. Anyway, it would be possible even right now, but with an enormous and inefficient effort of time.
Therefore I decided to go for a fictional large city first, where I can use the DLS objects available right now. About 15 Kilometres of street car lines and the area around it have already been created so far.

See a video of my San Francisco route study at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILQrCg02f9A

San Francisco’s MUNI PCC number 1050 under creation using gmax.

San Francisco’s MUNI PCC number 1052 under creation using gmax.

San Francisco’s MUNI PCC number 1052 under creation using gmax.

Street Car like used around the 30’s, with the typical pedestrian live saver in front.

Street Car like used around the 30’s, with the typical pedestrian live saver in front.

Some interior pieces selected in gmax.

Have a nice weekend.

Funny! I posted a tread in General Trainz about your PCC trams.
Great work! Can't wait to use them if they can be downloaded.
When will they be finished?

Last edited:
Can't see any traffic, but the traffic lights are boat's ATLS system. If you've never used it, it's just what's needed for building street tramways...

@Tume - those PCC cars look stunning! Will they suit the 6.4m overhead made by motorman1066, andi06 and silversmith with tracking trolleypoles? There's a few good routes we can run them on if so...

Paul

Thank you Paul for your compliment.

I know, there are many different trolley wire systems in use at several routes. But, I could make it applicable for all of it. The PCC Car itself will not contain the trolley pole, as the pole will be part of a extra trolley pole care to be coupled behind the Street Car itself. This you may know from the most of the other tram cars, right available at DLS. So I could create a whole set of “PCC Trolley Pole Cars” for each of the wire systems.

How does it sound?

See some screens from my fictional city, which has about 20km street car lines right now and it will grow a little more.

Your’s TUME

just some thing i started out making as a city with the high line behind it. i know the Cat is not PRR i didn't intend on having a prr setup but the MP's look perfect in the line and i used the locos up top to fill the pic better.

DLS: Download Station
FCT: First Class Ticket
AFAIK: As Far As I Know
HTH: Hope This Helps
LOL: Laugh Out Loud
WIP: Work In Progress
NEC: Northeast Corridor
ICE: Intercity Express
TGV: Train a Grande Vitesse (French for 'train of high speed')
ASAP: As Soon As Possible

And the list goes on, need I continue?:hehe:

Last edited:
Early version

Well, I would like to share this with the traction fan section of the community -- it's far from done, since there's more pieces that needs mass productions, but for now, here's a peak!

First, I would like to thank Jeff Morris for allowing me to reskin his NYC Elevated Stations -- (Not in the screen shots), But I've created the stairs and the stations the can be place beneath the the elevated stations - also, I've created pillars (not in the pictures) 50 meters long which you can place under Jeff's stations beams, so you can elevate his stations as far high as Trainz permits.

Secondly, I have created multiple sets of elevated tracks, as you can see below. I will do up to six tracks if permitted -- However, my good friend Ben tells me that five could be the max ...

ALSO, not in the pictures will be the spline to connect siding tracks since the elevated trestles are snap-on tracks, etc.

Well, this is a very time consuming project, but it's all coming together one day at a time! Thanks for viewing!!:wave: :)

pictures edited -- see my second post below

Last edited:
is there any way that you could make the stairs down from the platforms as a separate object?

It would save me LOADS of time on my CTA Layout. I have nearly 100 stations set up already, all needing to be connected to the street

I also need bridges to cross over from one island to another (on my to do list unless you want to do it) and dozens of other small pieces

is there any way that you could make the stairs down from the platforms as a separate object?

It would save me LOADS of time on my CTA Layout. I have nearly 100 stations set up already, all needing to be connected to the street

I also need bridges to cross over from one island to another (on my to do list unless you want to do it) and dozens of other small pieces

have you tryed the stairs by Compudoc ? theres like 10 sets theses are stairs 3

It's me again! (Man, I do enjoy traction:hehe: ) :wave:

Below, Klinger, is the station that I created that you can place under Jeff's MTA stations; However, you must adjust his station to a height of 7.5m -- see the truck? Now, I've created 50 meter beans as I stated because Jeff stations fall short, they stand at 5 meters off the ground; So, that issue is solved!

Also, if you like the stairs I can have them as stand-alone, so speak now or forever hold your peace, LOL

Lastly, spline -- very flexible -- having issues with the curve but as long as it's not to curvy is not a problem. Just place them realistic and they will serve their purpose. (When I release this huge package which now totals 105 pieces, I will make a simple layout, just a straight line using my buildings and Dmdrake to make look realistically adventure! :D

Almost left out -- I will be creating bridges, with beans, etc ... if you have lived in NYC, and have taken the elevated train many of them go over bridges, so basically you'll get the picture -- nothing fancy, but just a dirty old bridge!!!

Ish

PS. I will have all of Jeff's station and my extra piece lid up at night, etc

SPECIAL thank you to Jeff Morris ... without his permission, this project would NOT get off the ground, that's for sure!!

traction3.jpg

traction4.jpg

traction.jpg

traction2.jpg

Last edited:
Back