Time used for unloading cars

CBorg

Hi,
Is there a rule or a way to fix the amount of time it takes to unload say a fuel tank for example?

It seems I have seen something to solve this question in the old forum but I don't remember where.

Thanks for your answer

Last edited:
As far as im aware this is done in the the config of the industry folder concerned.

Hi stagecoach,
The time consumed for the industry is the time it takes to empty, for example warehouse loaded with goods but not the time it takes to unload goods from the boxcar to the warehouse. And that's what I would like to have.

Thanks for your reply:)

In suryevor right-click the industry. Somewhere in the window that you can set ____ consumed per minute, depending on the industry.

The Auran Coal Mine, with the diesal unload track, for example, can have different rates of diesal consumption and coal production, depending on your demands.

You might also want to look into the LARS comodity system put out by trainzproroutes.org It really is a fun little system.

In suryevor right-click the industry. Somewhere in the window that you can set ____ consumed per minute, depending on the industry.

The Auran Coal Mine, with the diesal unload track, for example, can have different rates of diesal consumption and coal production, depending on your demands.

You might also want to look into the LARS comodity system put out by trainzproroutes.org It really is a fun little system.

Thanks Greg for your help.
I shall look into the LARS system on TPR but may be I did not explain myself very good:
With an industry being full, I can assume that a boxcar full of goods is going to take sometime to emty itself. But with an empty industry, when the boxcar arrives at the unload tracks, it will empty itself in one second and that's not what I am looking for. I like to be able, in front of an empty industry, to set up time for unloading the boxcar. as an example, an empty industry, as far as I know, will not give the order it's going to take 30 mn to unload the boxcar.

Ahhh...

Than it be LARS you be lookin' for.

LARS, and Proto LARS allow you to give an industry loading and unloading time of any where from a few minutes to days (as I understand at least). You can drop off a boxcar, and after you come to a complete stop (or disconnect the car) the timer will begin. After the timer finishes the car is then unloaded/loaded.

Ahhh...

LARS, and Proto LARS allow you to give an industry loading and unloading time of any where from a few minutes to days (as I understand at least). You can drop off a boxcar, and after you come to a complete stop (or disconnect the car) the timer will begin. After the timer finishes the car is then unloaded/loaded.
The only thing with Lars is the industries do not show up in the waybill..Now if someone could come up with a waybill program that will work with the Lars pro system we would have a great marriage..

Ahhh...

Greg... You made my day!:) :) :)

Great job on the part of LLJ. I should have known better though. I thought of TPR before...but my memory is getting weak and I forghot I did place a ProtoLARS industry at Antibes.

Back