Old Favourite - What inspired your usernames?

9996.1259308912.jpg
2222.1256527820.jpg

Need I say any more?

Cheers,
Woody:wave:

Haha, mine is probably obvious, it's a conglomeration(yes, a conglomeration) of my first name, Isaac; and the first letter of my paternal surname, Grove(my paternal surname is technically Graeff/Graf, but it morphed into Grove over the years -- my paternal ancestors were from KY, PA, and German-speaking countries). Sorry that took a while to explain :)

:hehe: :wave:

Linda (my wife) opened up the email account years ago, she is a farmers daughter (dont know where the 700 came from)

So for email, PayPal and Trainz I have this useless name !!! Such is life.

Moin,

My are very easy, only pieces of the first and second name and the year when i was born.
Don(ald) Zer(be) and (19)63 give DonZer63. :D

Name of a joke based on my family's last name. They even had a sign hung on the front of a house we lived in, "The Stork's Nest."
Made it singular.

I'm a 6'3" redhead with a habit of being clumsy and breaking things, A bit like my namesake,+ my year of birth

welcome_honey_monster.jpg

Got given the nick at my first job and I've been called it ever since

And no I don't like Sugur Puffs!!!

HM

I gave the short version in a similar string a couple of years ago. Here is the long version.

Once upon a time the US Navy had an aircraft carrier based airborne early warning aircraft known as the WF-2 Tracer, Based on the S-2 Tracker anti submarine aircraft. It's nickname was Willie Fudd due to the WF. The name stuck even after the designation was changed to E-1B. This aircraft was eventually replaced by the new improved E-2A Hawkeye. It's nickname was, naturaly, Super Fudd. I served with VAW-11, the first squadron to deploy with the E-2A. (Details at www.donsafer.com )
Around 1974 I got into CB radio and needed a nickname/handle and I was going to go with Hawkeye until I realized there were probably a thousand "Hawkeye"s already on the band thanks to the lead character in the popular TV series and movie M*A*S*H. So I went with Super Fudd.
Around 1995 I got on the internet and went by SuperFudd.
So now you know.
:sleep:

Snowhill is my user name. not because of the the colour of my hair but 60 years ago I did my train spotting at Snow Hill Station in Birmingham UK.. Where I fell in love with Gods Wonderful Railway...

My current username is my last name.
My new username (you'll figure it out) is my favourite railroad.

PFX was a name used by the brilliant but terminally unfashionable Gaye Bykers On Acid to release rock/dance crossover music in the early 90's. It is an acronym of Purple Fluid Exchange.

'Enkidoh' is the name of a enemy character from the Final Fantasy V video game - it's also a Japanese 'Engrish' translation of 'Enkidu', the wildman from the ancient Mesopotamian story The Epic of Gilgamesh.

I chose the name at random from a video game magazine years ago when I was trying to think of a username for eBay. The name has stuck with me ever since. :hehe:

ekin1972 is my user name and that came about because ekin is Nike backwards and I used to work for Nike. 1972 is the date I bought my first Ian Allen loco number book.

Mine is from a Motorhead influenced Metallica song, obviously titled "Motorbreath". Having been disgusted by Metallica since they started sucking after (baddest bassist ever) Cliff Burton died in 86, I was reluctant to use it for my user name. The song is from 1983's Kill 'Em All album, when they were young and hungry, and still had some testicular fortitude, not just beer swilling frat boy red neck lowest common denominator appeal.

Maybe I should have just blamed it on huffing Alco exhaust, but someone might take that seriously. Hehehehehe...

lol

The letters on the keyboard "C-A-S-C-A-D-E-R-R-A-_-_-R-_-A-D" are all clustered together on one side of the keyboard (I have fat fingers, and hunt and peck, typing with two fingers). lol Someday when I learn to type with both hands, the letters _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-I-L-_-O-_-_ will be for the Left hand.

I also study the Cascade Mountain Range and it's RR's. There are 4 volcanos all close by each ot-er ("Three Sisters" and "another") and some of the scenery looks volcanic, barren, and rocky like a different planet, like Mars.

I quickly grabbed that addy up, before someone else did, as well as PENNSYLVANIARAILROAD, WOPSYRR, and CASCADERR

EDIT: Thanks American_Connections for the link to the Cascade Mountain Range volcano webpage...great information there at that site !!!!! http://vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/Volcanoes/...ade_range.html

Last edited:
Back