Trainz 2010 EE - computer spec?

ColPrice2002

Hi,

Probably a question for Zec -

Do we know what the recommended PC specifications for this version are?

If my PC runs 2009 ok, will there be a major change?

PC specs:-
Athlon 3000+
AGP 6600 GT Video
2Gb ram
Win Xp (SP3)

Cheers,

Colin

Hi Colin
At this stage we don't have the min/rec specs for TS2010. However, when we have confirmed them, they will be posted onto the website.
Thank you for your patience.

From what Auran is saying in the TS2010 ad, it will have improved performance compared to TS2009.
If that is so, then it will certainly run on any system that will run TS2009, and performance will be better.
I can vouch for TS2009 having better performance than TS2006 on the same machine.

The only issue may be if you have an older graphics card, and you want to see the new content in its true splendor, you may find frame rates getting slow.
I recently upgraded my old GeForce 6800 to a GeForce 9800 with more RAM. It made quite a difference in frame rates.

FW

In my opinion, if your computer can handle ANY version of Trainz, it will handle TS2010 at least as well.

You spends oodles of cash on the fastest processor & motherboard with the latest graphics card with the max amount of
memory, then load your motherboard with a trillion gigs of light speed ram, use a nuclear reactor as a power pack ................................................

....... then sit back & watch somebody make a route that will make your super PC run like a half dead Spectrum. (and it gets worse with every new version) :'(

Which OS will be supported?

Which Windows version will be supported by TRS 2010?
I am sure this is already decided.
Can we hope for XP or is it only going to be Vista and Windows 7?

You spends oodles of cash on the fastest processor & motherboard with the latest graphics card with the max amount of
memory, then load your motherboard with a trillion gigs of light speed ram, use a nuclear reactor as a power pack ................................................
....... then sit back & watch somebody make a route that will make your super PC run like a half dead Spectrum. (and it gets worse with every new version) :'(

Soo true, Your PC will never be able to run every-ones creations for long after you get it, Something will aleays be better.

Although being picky:p : Unless you get Windows 7 64 bit your PC will only recognise 3 1/3 GB of ram- No older operating system will recognise more than that either on 32 or 64 bit

Just thought i'd mention that to stop people wasting their money

phil
________
HooliganGirl live

Last edited:
Unless you get Windows 7 64 bit your PC will only recognise 3 1/3 GB of ram- No older operating system will recognise more than that either on 32 or 64 bit

Just thought i'd mention that to stop people wasting their money

phil

What do you mean? Typo,maybe? All my computers have Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS's installed and recognize all 8 GB installed. Trainz, Crysis, and Vista running at the same time can and have used up about 5 GB of that too. Earlier than XP maybe is what you mean, since XP 64 bit was made for "supercomputer" workstations with like 32 or 64 GB of RAM (yes, gigabytes).

Bottom line is that any computer that can play any other verision of Trainz 2006 or later with full settings *should* be able to play the new one just fine.

My thoughts

Kyle

Last edited:
I might have to disagree a bit here, the new trees (speedtree) in TS 2010 are real system hogs and cause a major performance hit. I can run TS 2009 quite well, but I'm quite disappointed with the performance of TS 2010.

Well,

There's always the global replace option for the speedtrees......

And as an update, I did upgrade my PC - changed the Athlon 3000 processor for an Athlon X2 4200 (dual core).
It did make a difference (simplest upgrade 'cos it's same pin out as the previous one - no other changes needed.)

Colin
(ps. is this a zombie thread? raised from the grave?)

Hi I was wondering when trainz 2010 is coming out in the UK? because I have got 2006 and there stopping stuff for that soon arn't they? so probably best to get the latest version :)

I have a question, if my laptop runs trainz 2009 quite well will it run 2010 equally as well?

Should do but remember TS2010 has speedtrees so there might be a slight difference and you might have to be fussy about which speedtrees you run.

Cheerio John

Trainz 2010 vs older versions

My fairly high-end Sony Vaio laptop, (not a gaming laptop, Windows gaming experience = 6.0) runs TS 2010 much better than it ran TC 1&2. I converted a route from TC to TS2010 and lost a few things, but I'm staying away from compatibility mode since I heard that results in a performance hit. I haven't gotten into the speedtree thing either. And I don't need the draw distance sliders maxed out. Yes I know laptops with integrated graphics are not the recommended way to go, but I had planned on buying a new high-end desktop to run TS 2010 and now I don't have to.

Sometimes life is good. Your experience may vary.

Last edited:
Back