PCC Trolley runs

Hi all

I am thinking of building an N scale USA City PCC run for a shelf layout.
Tell me if I am wrong, but they seemed to run usually on two parallel tracks, down the middle of a street, and just looped and then ends and went the other way.
I was born long after these existed unfortunaty so I have never seent hem in true operation. Sorry, San Frans F street is not so prototype I am thinking.
How did the people get off, and get to the sidewalk without being hit by the cars:confused: ??
are there any USA PCC layouts in Trainz??

thanks in advance

whecsailor Jr

and just looped and then ends and went the other way
Not sure what you mean here, but PCC cars are directional and have to be turned by loops or turntables to run in the opposite direction. People just got off into the street. It was not legal to pass a stopped trolley on the right for just this reason.

I don't think there are any models of the double ended ones (but if somebody made one I would give my soul for it). I know Austin316Hockey or something like that made one with an interior and SP2 support. If you don't already have Modula City get it and unhide all the assets so you can use them, it will help alot.

Hi all

I am thinking of building an N scale USA City PCC run for a shelf layout.
Tell me if I am wrong, but they seemed to run usually on two parallel tracks, down the middle of a street, and just looped and then ends and went the other way.

are there any USA PCC layouts in Trainz??
thanks in advance
whecsailor Jr

Whecsailor, your addons for Trainz Ultimate are excellent, so I going to try to help you with your question. :)

I just returned a book to my public library that featured a PCC streetcar based shelf layout of Los Angles and the outlaying areas. I'd be more than happy to get that book back out and let you know more about it.

From all my research of the Syracuse trolley lines in CNY, those trolleys went down the street and stopped at corners much like the current busses. The routes did use turntables at one point. The last revenue trolley car in Syracuse was retired in 1941. NYS Railways #1036 - "Built in 1916 for New York State Railways' Syracuse lines → NYS Railways reorganized in 1939 as Syracuse Transit Company → Streetcar service in Syracuse ended January 4, 1941." CNY NRHS.

ChristopherT

Back