Signalling and Track Speed problems

diesel9

Southern Serves the South
I'm running TRS2006, and sometimes a yellow signal will show up it says that the next signal is red so I checked it out and it says line terminates or is closed while it's not closed at all but when the AI gets closer to the next signal that had the red light it all of the sudden turns green. What's with that?

And 2nd question is when I'm using the VSB speed limit signs, apparently something doesn't trigger right and sometimes when the front locomotive passes the VSB, the AI goes with that assigned speed limit and then other times and in different spots the AI doesn't go to the assigned speed limit until the whole entire train passes the VSB. How do I fix this?

hi there

firstly make sure there isnt a switch after the signal often ai trains will get close to a signal before switching and be sure to use rail ends on dead end sidings as these default as a red so the train coming onto the siding will have yellow

secondly could you please tell us what vsbs you are using? also an ai train may start to use the assigned speed automatically due to priority, a higher one would use the faster limit on intercepting whilst an lower one would wait tillthe end of the consist see if changing this helps. To change enter driver and <ctrl> + <right click> on the loco and select view infomation here it should list things like the driver, headlights on/off ect and it should also have priority, change this to 1 by clicking on the number untill it goes to 1. as i say this may work it may not but unless you tell us the exact vsbs you are using thats all i can say.

hope that helps
Nathan

Last edited:
Many of the signals will show a red aspect until a train approaches. The only ones that will actually show the correct, or at least something other than red are the 05 "automatic" signals.

I have also seen these 05 signals show a more restricting aspect than what should be until a train gets fairly close. This seems to be due to an interlocking ahead of the signal, and interlocking signals show red until the train gets near, so the previous signal would show approach in this case.

FW

Yeah it usually be yellow and red when an interlocking is coming. It also happens near a portal too. I use the RHS(Right Hand Side) VSBs

With the VSB's, or any other speed sign for that matter, an AI train will go directly to it's new speed limit if that speed is lower than its current speed limit. On the other hand, if the new speed is higher than the current speed, the new speed is enforced after the entire train passes the board:)

Hope This Helps!

You're most welcome! Happy to help a troubled Trainzer:hehe:
And thankyou for thanking me. I don't get that too often, the least someone could do is say thankyou when someone solves a problem for them.

I've rambled too much (again!;) ) Happy Trainzing,
Scott

With the VSB's, or any other speed sign for that matter, an AI train will go directly to it's new speed limit if that speed is lower than its current speed limit. On the other hand, if the new speed is higher than the current speed, the new speed is enforced after the entire train passes the board:)

Hope This Helps!
That's an interesting fact, but how does the driver know that the rear of his train has cleared the speed board?:D
I know that for AI trains, this function is built into TS, but what if I am driving the train?
I guess I need to place another marker of some type to indicate that a 10 car, 20 car, etc train will have cleared x object.
This is, of course, being that I am driving the train in cab view. Of course I can "cheat" and look back and see where the hind end is

FW

The head-up display (in Cab Mode) will give two speed readings, one of which is the current speed of the train and the current speed as required by the speed signs. If you pass a sign that is lower than the current speed then the required speed will change immediately but if you pass a sign that displays a higher speed then the required speed will not change until the last vehicle in the consist passes that sign.
One thing to be aware of when building a layout and putting on the speed signs is to allow plenty of space for today's very long trains it you model in this era. The reason for this is that it is possible to pass a sign saying you should be doing 30kmh and then have your last carriage pass the previous sign that says speed is allowed to be 50kmh right afterwards. This gets very confusing for human drivers so imagine what it does to AI drivers!!!! Hope this helps.

Cheers
Russell.

That's an interesting fact, but how does the driver know that the rear of his train has cleared the speed board?:D
I know that for AI trains, this function is built into TS, but what if I am driving the train?
I guess I need to place another marker of some type to indicate that a 10 car, 20 car, etc train will have cleared x object.
This is, of course, being that I am driving the train in cab view. Of course I can "cheat" and look back and see where the hind end is

FW

Well, don't ask me! I'm thirteen years old, I don't try to explain computers. EVER!:hehe: They're too unpredictable. Very much so.

Back