AWS operation for UK TRS2006

Bista

Long time no type!

Hi Guys

Just a quick (and hopefully easy) question.

In TRS2006 I've been experimenting with more complex routes and as part of this I have been using the AWS function in 'active' and laying in the AWS ramps accordingly.

Trouble is, I can't seem to find an AWS cancel. Only been using 3 loco types so far; class 37 as came with the 2006 pack, class 40 and class 31 down loads. 31 has no AWS function on it so we'll leave that out.

When you pass a caution signal with a ramp (semephore distant ON or double/single yellow MAS), the AWS trips ok but then slams the train to a halt. The 37/40 cab interior has an AWS cancell button in the right place and the cursor responds when you hover it over said button. But you cannot cancel the AWS to pass the caution signal. This is obviously wrong for "real world" but is this a limitation of TRAINZ?

I've reviewed what I can find on control functions but can't see any reference to it. Have I set up something wrong or is this something that just acts in the Australian/American origins of TRAINZ and just isn't set up to work the European way?

Chances are it's just me trying to do things TRAINZ can't (again :hehe: )

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Ian Hudson
Birmingham UK

Alt-Space should can cancel the AWS.

There is a keyboard.txt file in the settings folder which lists all the keyboard commands.

Mike.

AH! I'll look for that!

Was only going by the keyboard instructions listed from the start-up screen, it must be something additional to those!

Cheers! :D

Ian Hudson
Birmingham UK

OOPS!

Well that didn't work!

F8 is already allocated for HUD ON/OFF

Command.txt lists AWS as CANCEL ALT SPACE, ISOLATE ALT 1,ACTIVE ALT 2

None of these make any difference. When in Cab Mode passing the ramp just results in about a second of AWS horn then shuts power handle and throws the handle into emergency. Even built a small test track to try it away from the clutter of a route. Same thing, cannot cancel AWS.:confused:

Guess there must be a way of doing it, otherwise there would be no point to the permenant AWS Magnet listed in the assets.

Is it to do with the signals maybe???????

Ian Hudson

F8 is allocated to AWS shut off in Razorback scenarios. Maybe someone from there will comment on how they do it!

Terry

Only looking at work in own layouts, not in pre-made scenarios.

When looking at content, the AWS Cab appears as a train rather than a rule. Maybe it's an iterior but it's not defined as that on the DLS and in any case, as I can't edit the config of fixed assets from the Sim the cab in use can't be changed.

Not withstanding, what can be read withing the AWS Cab files suggest it is an EE cab only suitable fro 37/40 so is this an interior?

If so, how id AWS supposed to be set up for other locos

Went back to rules and downloaded Bloodnocks AWS Configuration to replace AWS Config but only difference is it seems to be slighly less reliable.

Not sure what is going on here

thanks but I tried that.

when you look up his details it unfortunatly say "location unknown" for address so I'm a bit stumped!

The AWS cab I made was made back in 2005. I was advised at the time that there was no real way to make a "button" type control in a cab - everything had to be a lever. Consequently, to use the "button", you have to "push" it like a lever - click and hold the mouse button, and move the mouse upwards.

As mike says, there is also a keyboard binding - ALT+SPACE works from TRS2006 - I believe the 'insert' key is now also bound to this function (same as BVE).

This is all for CAB mode only - it doesn't work in DCC mode.

There is also a HUD element that can appear in the top right (looks like a picture of the button in-cab). Clicking on this works in both modes.

HTH

GREAT!

How stupid do I look? :hehe:

Yup, run the mouse over the button, worked first time!

Now why didn't I think of that?

I,ve been hammering away clicking that button (to no effect) for ages, when you say how it's supposed to work it's so obvious as everything else in the cab needs a "hold and move" to operate.

I said it would be something I was doing wrong :eek:

Never such a thing as a daft question on this forum eh?

Been back on the old sim for the first time in months and what a week;
Found out why the old content I created in UTC had stopped working (yup, that was me too).
Discovered how to bring up all the old UTC routes into 2006.
And now AWS works too!

Now happily (!?) replacing all the old UTC track on my old Birmingham-Tamworth-Nuneaton route so I guess I get to it dropping the AWS kit in at the same time! Oh happy day......

Who knows, you may see it on the DLS.....one day

Cheers for all the help!

Ian Hudson
Birmingham UK

Back