"Critter" is on the move again!

Klinger

The Chicago CTA guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKeeLsBgv44

After many many many many (please keep repeating) years of restoration, D&RGW 50 (better know as The Critter) is on the move under its own power

I can name about three different people in the video. This was shot Friday (not sure by who). Later that day I painted the running boards, and all the "tender" steps with a fresh coat of paint, they look better now then they do in the Video

Wow Awesome sound for such a little "critter".looks like they have a heap more stuff sitting in the background waiting to be restored as well.
Mind if i ask where that video was taken.Thanks for sharing.
Cheers Mick.:D

It certainly is aptly named, lol. Exactly what is it? Looks like it has a motor as opposed to a boiler, etc.

Ben

Last edited:
Its a 1937 Davenport. It has a Caterpillar diesel engine (which Caterpillar themselves rebuilt for use, and it gain power via a transmission. The Transmission is under the cab, and only powers the rear axle, the front axle is powered with the drive rods

If someone has plans and photos I might be able to make it. I've made a number of rail busses and rail motors.

Ben

Excellent Video! The D&RG is my second favorite railroad. :D There's a lot of narrow gauge stuff on the DLS for Trainz UTC under the D&RG and the RGS
too.

ChristopherT

about time!

Back in late 2006 i talked to a guy from the CRRM giving a speech about it. he said they where working on the transmission.

On another note:

We USED to have a 7 1/2 inch scale model of #50. We where forced to sell it due to time and weather issues.
IMG_4556.jpg

Back