Screens from my Simulation of Milwaukee Road's Coast Division

tume

Hallo,

just putting a slide show of some screens in here. I captured it at my simulation of Milwaukee Road’s Coast Division – between Othello and Kittias, Wa.

Click here for the Milwaukee Road - Coast Division Slide show:
http://lads.myspace.com/slides/slide...290&aid=591652

Click here for the video of my simulation of the Bitterroot section, just been in the forum some weeks ago:
http://www.myspace.com/tume_um

Have fun watching both.
Cheers Uwe

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MILWAUKEE ROAD !!

Hello Tume,
You already know that Milwaukees' Pacific extention has a Centennial in 2009...there's no better way to say "Happy Birthday" to the people who spend their life on that road or has been interested in that great enterprise in any kind !! What I saw from your creation is absolute breathtaking !!!!
In some weeks I'll send a Greeting on my own in publishing a Milwaukee West Impressionz route to the DLS.....
Cheers,
from a Milw Rd fan and member of MRHA (Milw Rd Historical Assosiation)

Wow Tume, this is amazing looking! I cannot wait to run some locos on this, and the Bitteroot section. You even have an EP2 Bi-polar!

Yes, upon viewing Tume's site I was impressed with what was going on. Looking forward to what else may be displayed by Tume.

Yup, this route looks amazing! Looks like a must for any Milwaukee Road fan (and any North American electric fan). Even with diesels, I bet it'd be fun! Keep up the great work!

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Extremelly nice. Glad to see the MILW in the target of some good content maker. I'm ready with several other content, as soon as the route is available.

I searched for bi-polars on the DLS and Google. No luck. Anyone have a clue? Tume, could you share with us where to get those locos?

Chances are, they were created by him and are unreleased like a few of the other engines that he has been showcasing. They will probably be released later this summer with the route.

Answer some questions

Hallo,

I just read your replays at this thread a bit late, as I was not online during the whole weekend. Thank you all for your compliments, this even creates nice reasons to hurry up getting the stuff ready.
But still, there is a lot of work to do at it. No major things, just detail work, like to add thumbnails to each of my content. Considering, only the Bitterroot – Section contains over 350 objects, made by myself, you may can imaging, this will need a bit more time. So I approximate it could be done during the summer.
At first, I want to get anything ready for the Bitterroot – Section. So this will not include the Bi-Polar, which has already been created in four color liveries, including the different details in the mesh, as required to meet the real locos as close as possible. The whole set just needs to get the UP color livery as used and all of the EP2 – versions also needs its workable driver interior.

TRS2006 – power limits:
Also I have to say, that is was quite hard, to get the route finished anyway. It contains over 840 different objects and together with the locos and the rolling stock, TRS2006 sometimes created texture failures. Especially during creation of the Town of Mullan, Id, at the north west side of the Bitterroot – Section, TRS2006 could not even handle the route anymore. Unfortunately, the changeover to a new PC did not change the situation. So I had to do a strong optimization to every object I created and also I had to substitute a lot of DLS objects by my own, texture and polygon optimized, version. In addition to this, I had to produce a lot of reskins from DLS objects, making it to “distant objects” for texture optimization. This felled house, tree and bush objects.
After this optimization, the route runs nicely even with several trains in it, like you can see at the video.
May Trainz Classics would have been another possibility, but it does not contain all the required TRS2006 built in content, I have used for the route as well. A final solution would be the takeover to TS2009, but the change of all objects to benefit from the available TS2009 functions would require even much more time, and so it will be the best, to release the pack in TRS2006 – I think – considering a lot of people are waiting for it.

I hope this answers some questions and gives additional background information.

Have all a nice week.
Cheers Uwe

Wow Tume, this is amazing looking! I cannot wait to run some locos on this, and the Bitteroot section. You even have an EP2 Bi-polar!

Thanks for the compliment about the route and the locos. I just have started to create a ES2 – Switcher as well, but this also needs an interior and all of its livery versions. Another thing is, that this locos have been used between Butte and Dear Lodge, Mt and my simulations have not reached up to this areas.

Cheers TUME

8qa6-7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I admire your work Tume! Do you have plans to do Milw Road #261 or any additional Milw Rd box cabs?

Back