UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

@Portline Parker, your screenshots of Swanage branch really are excellent, and good to see my VEP is finding some use, I do believe a VEP made it onto the line behind a Blue Crompton during the 2010 diesel gala.

The bleak environs of North Woolwich sometime in the mid 70s

hr0Wi7x.jpg

GzojJzY.jpg

Last edited:
@ klambert re post #18115 - I was at North Woolwich once, back in early 1978, that shot seems to capture what I remember of the area.

to ekin1972 re post 18117, good luck with the project. I have been working on my route in NW Durham for a long time now and have also cropped the County Durham section of the TS2012 built-in Kings Cross to Newcastle route to roll it back to "steam days". If you are including the lines in Eastern County Durham and the Cleveland coast then it will be a massive project!

Darlington in steam days - I had to relay the station from the TS12 version in order to to re-align it.

Out of curiosity Frank, how do you 'crop out' sections of an already established route? It would help me immensely on my Brighton Route Project if I could learn how to do that.

That Looks amazing! I'm still working on Darlington but I started my route at Ferryhill so i'll try and upload some photos of that to. Here is a quick summery of what I've done so far. ECML from Newcastle to Northallerton with the Richmond branch. Ferryhill to Stockton via Stillington. The Durham Coast line from Newcastle to Northallerton via Sunderland and Eaglescliffe. And Ive built the Newcastle to Pelaw Junction as 3rd rail for Tyne side Electrics. And the Leamside side via Washington to Ferryhill and Sunderland via South Hylton. I'm also using some artistic licence to for the Shildon to Newport Docks line and creating it with 1,500 DC overhead to run class 76 on the coal trains as it might of been if the NER/LNER hadn't abandoned the electrification system.
For the moment I've concentrated on research and track and route creation. But as you can see I'm adding scenery as and when the mood takes me. Thanks for the reply and sharing your photo.

to ekin1972 re post #18120. It will take a lot of time to put in the scenery, no doubt about that.
Here is a shot of Ferryhill on my County Durham route cropped from the built-in TS12 Kings Cross to Newcastle.
The complete Ferryhill area needed to be cleared and widened to fit the steam era trackplan.

Class 37 top and tailing a charter train with a WCRC class 47:

Signal is green for the Swanage Branch at Worgret Junction:
9Ty0028.jpg

Crossing the River Frome viaduct:
Q1EVry6.jpg

Heading towards Furzebrook:
PWhGqik.jpg

Seen here from Furzebrook clay siding:
zn79Hxn.jpg

Heading towards Norden:
IWUgT3q.jpg

Approaching Eldon's Siding:
ix8zB2Q.jpg

Corfe Castle in the background:
VUYpQSH.jpg

And finally the entire train seen here from Corfe Castle itself:
tB0DIo7.jpg

I may be needing one or two beta testers in the coming weeks, if anyone is interested? Preferably with an interest in heritage operations, including both steam and diesel - an interest in the Southern would be a bonus! PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Great work there PortLineParker!

A few days later...
The finished bridge ... making good use of lockdown :)

3 LOD levels on the bridge itself and approach girders. I have tried to use as many textures as possible from the bridge itself. The uprights and girders have rivet textures.

RoyalAlbertBridge02.jpg

RoyalAlbertBridge03.jpg

RoyalAlbertBridge04.jpg

RoyalAlbertBridge05.jpg

RoyalAlbertBridge01.jpg

RoyalAlbertBridge06.jpg

RoyalAlbertBridge07.jpg

RoyalAlbertBridge08.jpg

Mark

Hello from France ,

Realy a wonderfull job Mark !!!!

And an astonishing bridge ... Great realisation and excellent shots ... We reach perfection here ...

Friendly , another Marc...

Great work there PortLineParker!

A few days later...
The finished bridge ... making good use of lockdown :)

3 LOD levels on the bridge itself and approach girders. I have tried to use as many textures as possible from the bridge itself. The uprights and girders have rivet textures.

RoyalAlbertBridge02.jpg

RoyalAlbertBridge03.jpg

RoyalAlbertBridge04.jpg

RoyalAlbertBridge05.jpg

RoyalAlbertBridge01.jpg

RoyalAlbertBridge06.jpg

RoyalAlbertBridge07.jpg

RoyalAlbertBridge08.jpg

Mark

Covid quarantine has given me a world of route building time. My Carstairs route has become a full blown WCML from Glasgow to Carlisle, currently varying degrees of scenics from Motherwell to Lockerbie.

Double-headed-37s-wait-to-enter-Dalzell-works-to-load-up.jpg

A pair of 37s await access to Dalzell works to load up steel coils.

Class-20-backs-onto-a-civil-engineers-rake-at-Carstairs.jpg

A solitary class 20 backs onto a rake of seacows in the civil engineers sidings at Carstairs

Beattock-summit%2C-splendid-iolation-before-the-6-lane-motorway-ploughed-through-the-valley.jpg

The splendid isolation of the Beattock summit before the six lane A74M ploughed through the valley alongside.

Motherwell-station-with-Dalzell-steel-works-and-the-cooling-towers-of-Ravenscraig-in-the-background.jpg

An overview of the current northern extent of the route, Motherwell station with Dalzell and Ravenscraig in the background.

I have made my task far more complicated by modelling late 80s to early 90s. If anyone has any knowledge on the operations and track layout of Ravenscraig and Shieldmuir works around that time, I would be very grateful.....

Well it has been a long time since I was last on here, Coronavirus has got me (like most) back to my route building and since I last was on here, I've had a major PC upgrade so better specs means better shots. Meanwhile, 66505 passes through Brightwater with a load of containers.
2j1kuBX

Back