NZ pics

You have to use Imageshack of Flicker. It was June 1992 but a Ganz also made it to Johnsonville Under its own power in April 2010.

8:30AM on a Thursday, A Super Ganz with a Normal Ganz unit in tow departs Waikanae for Wellington.
mrrangi201208200001.jpg

Seen at Paraparaumu crossing over with a Four car Matangi.
mrrangi201208200003.jpg

Due to a broken rail south of Paraparaumu, We have to Wrong line run as far as Paekakariki.
mrrangi201208200004.jpg

Passing the site of the broken rail, we see the Track gang thinking about how they going to fix the problem.
mrrangi201208200011.jpg

At crawling speed through Mackays crossing, The Level crossing start's late as it's not wired for trains running down the upmain.
mrrangi201208200006.jpg

Pulling into Paekakariki and it's back to normal. Thats all for now;)
mrrangi201208200009.jpg

Last edited:
Hey all,

How difficult would it be to make some Capital Connection carriages? Would it be easy enough to reskin some Wairarapa carriages? All Mark 2s...
Just wondering, I've never done a reskin and don't even know if it's possible on OSX but it would be amazing to have some!

-James

Ongarue Route Update

This route is now available from www.trainzone 3rd party layouts. It really is a pre-requisite to have Murchison 2 on your system for this route to work without any fuss. The route itself is freeware, but the payware content ( Murchison 2 ) is required. Be sure to read the on-site instructions. Enjoy.
Cheers,
Fender :)

I thought I would share these locomovtives.
I know they do not exist in New Zeland but I repainted them for Trainz member Sdpnz.
btvfd_20120824_0002.jpg

btvfd_20120824_0000.jpg

Cheers
Jim

Sorry for the non reply Trevor, computer was broken for over a week.

Anyway, the sky is called sndsky644, but I can not find it anywhere on the internet. I can't remember where I got it from, sorry.

Ongarue Route Update

This route is now available from www.trainzone 3rd party layouts. It really is a pre-requisite to have Murchison 2 on your system for this route to work without any fuss. The route itself is freeware, but the payware content ( Murchison 2 ) is required. Be sure to read the on-site instructions. Enjoy.
Cheers,
Fender :)
Hi Fender I downloaded your Route ast night and boy it is wow I am going to enjoy this for a long time THANK YOU for all the work you have
put into this and hope to see more of your work.
Again I say thank you
chris sullivan
cvkiwi

Hey all,

How difficult would it be to make some Capital Connection carriages? Would it be easy enough to reskin some Wairarapa carriages? All Mark 2s...
Just wondering, I've never done a reskin and don't even know if it's possible on OSX but it would be amazing to have some!

-James

Hi James,

I did try doing a quick re-skin of the Overlander carriages available on the DLS, however the way the skin is mapped on that asset causes issues. The following screenshots would demonstrate this:

caponea.jpg

On the above you can see how the skin repeats at the very top and bottom of the carriage side.

captwo.jpg

On this side the door colours that (almost) matched on one side do not line up at all on this side.

None of this is to say that it can't be done, however it would probably require more then a quick re-skin to get a good looking product.

(If you just wanted pale blue carriages, WITHOUT the dark blue swirls, but with the name of the train on the sides, that would be easy enough to do with a simple re-skin).

PS: If anyone wants a good quality version of the Capital Connection logo, then consider downloading the digital version of the timetable from the TranzScenic website soon, just in case the train does vanish at the end of next month and takes all traces of the branding with it!

Last edited:
Hey itsmrb,
I know they're not perfect but I still think they look pretty damn good for a quick fix!
Is there any possibility of making these available, at least until a full re-skin is done?
I don't pay that much attention to the livery anyway, they're just to assist in the creation of my route :)
-James

Also, Mrrangi and Ryan should definitely combine routes... :)
Anyone created a Naenae station upgrade yet?
James, about the route combined idea. That's not a bad idea but do you know how it could be done?
I'm not sure how you stick two routes together, that's all.

Well, it sounds like a pretty bleak future for the Capital Connection, so I thouhgt I'd take a trip while I can.

We are departing Wellington at 1715hrs
scaled.php

An hour or so later, we are captured rounding the curve at the end of the Waikanae Straight
scaled.php

Crossing the Otaki River
scaled.php

This morning's 1605 was hauled by 4409, and is seen winding up after the stop at Solway
scaled.php

Nearly at the end of TWC territory
scaled.php

I must have been flogging it (or the timetable has a lot of 'give' in it), because, after leaving Masterton 4 minutes late, and Featherston 1 minute late, I arrived at Upper Hutt 5 minutes early - only to be held up by a late EMU on the single track section to Trentham.
scaled.php

A blackout? No, just a flashing yellow as we travel along the waterfront
scaled.php

Despite the fact that we were obviously following another train, Wellington station seems strangely deserted
scaled.php

scaled.php

Hi James,

I did try doing a quick re-skin of the Overlander carriages available on the DLS, however the way the skin is mapped on that asset causes issues. The following screenshots would demonstrate this:

caponea.jpg

On the above you can see how the skin repeats at the very top and bottom of the carriage side.

captwo.jpg

On this side the door colours that (almost) matched on one side do not line up at all on this side.

None of this is to say that it can't be done, however it would probably require more then a quick re-skin to get a good looking product.

(If you just wanted pale blue carriages, WITHOUT the dark blue swirls, but with the name of the train on the sides, that would be easy enough to do with a simple re-skin).

PS: If anyone wants a good quality version of the Capital Connection logo, then consider downloading the digital version of the timetable from the TranzScenic website soon, just in case the train does vanish at the end of next month and takes all traces of the branding with it!
Hi Itsmrb, I'm very keen for the Capital Connection car's, if there's no faults with them, I'd be more than happy to try them out. Cheers Mrrangi :D

I'm not sure either, I don't think it could be done, but far that would be awesome.
Either of your routes at a sellable/sharable stage yet? :)

Great shots everyone.
Away from the wires for once, we have a shot of JA1271 crossing a viaduct somewhere on an excursion.
mrrangi201209060001.jpg

Waitara line shots...

Hi all,

I've started to make some progress with my new route - based on the Waitara line (era yet to be determined!)

Here is a couple of shots with initial progress...

AB 785 on the final curve of the branch about to parallel the Marton - New Plymouth towards Lepperton Station

AB 785 on the final 'sprint' towards Lepperton Station

a DA pretending to be DB 1082 sitting at Waitara Station

Second shot of the above - quite a scenic spot to sit under a tree in summer between shunts

Hi all, today we have some shots of the Capital Connection, seen here departing Wellington.
The attention to detail on these Carriages are great.
mrrangi201209140000.jpg

Exiting no2 tunnel and now heading up the NIMT.
mrrangi201209130000.jpg

A view from the back of the train as we are nearing Plimmerton, Here we have a few carriages with the original Tranzsenic color scheme.
mrrangi201209130005.jpg

Passing Plimmerton station and that's all I have for now.
mrrangi201209130007.jpg

Thanks to Itsmrb for the Capital Connection carriages. :D

Back