How to set Well Cars to load 2 Containers

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
I had set up some well cars several years ago that would load two-tier containers but had forgotten how I did it. Well, I went back through my notes and found my note on how and what to use. Here is how I do it:

First, use the BNSF Well1b wellcar.

Check the "?" and delete everything but:

40ft bottom gjvh

and the

40ft top gjvh bottom gjvh

Delete them all using the "X" like this:

DESDeleteAuranContainer.jpg

Now, under the 40ft top gjvh bottom gjvh click the "+" to add the 40ft Container (it's PLURAL) like so:

DesSelectContainer.jpg

It should show up like this:

DESAdd40ftcontainer.jpg

Now, if you have multiple well cars, DON'T FORGET to "copy to other compatible vehicles."

DESCopy2Vehicles.jpg

Now, if you have your industry configured correctly, it should load two containers to each well car like this:

DESConsistLoading.jpg

I hope I explained this so you all can understand it.

Dave

Thanks

Thanks for that info dave i will try it that way and see if that helps me,i have benn having sum drama's trying to load them double stack as well.
It's great that there are so many helpfull people here at trainz.
Cheers mick:cool: :cool:

Hi Andy
Thanks, Ive downloaded them but they will not load/unload ? On the CMP they are showing as Faulty, have you got any ideas what is wrong ?
I tried deleting them and downloading again but it did not solve the problem
Cheers
PJ

Just checked mine - not faulty. If they won't load I assume you are missing dependencies...

Yeah maybe but its not showing anything missing in cmp, just faulty, which I cannot do anything about I believe.
Are yours showing faulty in cmp. ?
Cheers
PJ

I had set up some well cars several years ago that would load two-tier containers but had forgotten how I did it. Well, I went back through my notes and found my note on how and what to use. Here is how I do it:

First, use the BNSF Well1b wellcar.

Check the "?" and delete everything but:

40ft bottom gjvh

and the

40ft top gjvh bottom gjvh

Delete them all using the "X" like this:

DESDeleteAuranContainer.jpg

Now, under the 40ft top gjvh bottom gjvh click the "+" to add the 40ft Container (it's PLURAL) like so:

DesSelectContainer.jpg

It should show up like this:

DESAdd40ftcontainer.jpg

Now, if you have multiple well cars, DON'T FORGET to "copy to other compatible vehicles."

DESCopy2Vehicles.jpg

Now, if you have your industry configured correctly, it should load two containers to each well car like this:

DESConsistLoading.jpg

I hope I explained this so you all can understand it.

Dave

No matter how I try they will not load/unload. All of them show faulty in cmp. Is there a way of finding out what the fault is ?
Cheers
PJ

Right click on the asset in CMP. View Errors. Make the corrections in the config file. That will solve your problem.:cool:

Either Dave's method or the default double-stacked 40' version work in 04 and 06. No reason why either would not work in later versions also...

Back