Australian screenshots

some progress

screenie2xc1.jpg

Uploading for the first time.

Okay, so this is the first time I'm uploading pictures of my trains, so be nice haha.
My apologies if I uploaded it wrong :D

untitled.jpg

C508, awaits the road to be cleared to proceed to Clyde with cement train.

c508.jpg

Empty cab, as crew takes a break in Karah Bay station Meal Room.

22-1.jpg

ARG's 22 class, awaits further duties in loco, while x-sra 45 class; is stored in loco.

x.jpg

Level crossing shot.

w.jpg

Crew walking towards train from Meal Room, to depart.

There we go :D

Okay, so this is the first time I'm uploading pictures of my trains, so be nice haha.
My apologies if I uploaded it wrong :D

untitled.jpg

C508, awaits the road to be cleared to proceed to Clyde with cement train.

c508.jpg

Empty cab, as crew takes a break in Karah Bay station Meal Room.

Hope you had permission to take these shots! It is highly illegal to enter the cab of any train unless you are authorised to!:p :p :p :D

Nice screens seriously. I love coming in here, gives me such great wallpapers for my comp desktop. Makes it more interesting than the standard Micrsoft stuff. Best wishes of the Season to all also.
Glen (lenice)

Hi Ian,

Glad you were able to get the #'s sorted.
So then, "default" was 'de fault', then eh? :eek:

It's great the way this community & members
help each other. :)

my wife would say your jokes are as bad as mine:D:D:D
Affirmative.
Possibly not as good as yours 'though.
(A polite way of saying I hope yours aren't as bad as mine!). :hehe:

Getting back on topic, my next post should be a screenie of our Narrandera_Tocumwal project. But not the train bit. :eek:

Merry Christmas :wave:

Newline

I will be building a line from Ipswich to Churchill,Rosewood and the whole Brisbane Valley line starting very soon
Matt

Hi all,

Some work in progress from me, my first ever rolling stock model :) ! Still in very early stages as you can see,

nghfgmaxiv4.jpg

Cheers,

Matt

I will be building a line from Ipswich to Churchill,Rosewood and the whole Brisbane Valley line starting very soon
Matt
Tall Order you have there Matt...you might be stepping on some estabilished claims here ..."Ipswich Line" being done by "Ghostryder"
"Ipswich Workshops" on DLS by "Willem2"
"Ipswich to Rosewood Rail Museum by Greg Cash"
"Ipswich to Toowoomba then on to Dalby" are being tinkered on by a few useing dem or sculpured by hand I myself have wanted to bring the Bris Valley line to Trainz for many years a task much bigger than I ever imagioned :eek:
For the inferstructure stations wagons loco's historic landmarks all have to be created ...so if you dont know gmax or some other modeling program you better start now .....took me about 3 years to become reasonable at it all.
Not trying to put you down Matt have a go if you wish but "Beware the Historical Critics"...... I myself will be porting the DEM "Jerkers" into 09 in the new year I think the 5 meter grid might finaly make it possible to get the terrain more life like It has taken me years to develop the inferstructure for the line ..most unrealeased of late I have had a bit of burnout but are looking forward to getting back into it ..​
bvl1oq2.jpg
all ready for the BVL
bvlms8.jpg

The rollingstock looks ready but the yard needs a bit of work! I'd get the weedspray truck in for a visit if I were you Dredd :hehe: :hehe: . On a more serious note, that is a beaut collection there Dredd and would be nice additions to anyone's car shed.
Glen

I don't know if this interests anybody. After finally returning (thankfully temporarily) to this country, I have hooked up my old hard drive to my computer.

What does this mean?

I finally have the entire Blue Mountains line which I can finally work on and get to 09 standards. DEM Terrain done, mainline done, a good few unique building meshes done for the towns, which I worked on whilst living in Amsterdam. Needs a lot of work, but the hard parts are done.

The Zig Zag railway - Basically done with exception of some extremely important unique assets, although much of that is already done. Might give up on this and just include it in the BM line.

I have all of the locos that I was working on before I left Australia - many nearly finished and were already designed with 09 features in mind. Proper UVW maps, Bumps, etc. All have no enginespecs started, however. These, from memory comprise of:

C30 class - nearly complete. I think I recall doing the basic cab mesh, will look into that. Been working ingame for ages.
C32 class - about 20% done? Waiting to finish other similar locos first to steal parts off.
C35 class - More or less complete, including cab.
C36 class - Had an old one about half finished, with a newer version less so. Might leave this one for a while. I hear rumours about someone else making a nice new one?
C38 class - Just about done. Yet another one to throw out there. Cab mesh complete.
D50 - Complete, cab mesh textured and finished, needs functions. Will likely re-texture though. After she's done, I'll probably make small mods to get the rest of the standard goods locos finished to the same standard.
D57 - Model just about finished, UVW'd, textured and animated. Cab mesh started, I think I have enough reference photos for the cab.

SMR 10 class - Probably restart this. Needs a lot of work. Once the D50 and C32 are done and dusted, I'll be able to use many parts from them to get this one done.

QR DD17 - has been finished for ages, just needs polishing touches and cab needs some huge fixes. New 04/06 sounds have been done and work for her.

QR BB18 1/4 - Mesh about 40% done. Almost no detail work, but the main bits finished. Not exactly a priority.

A bunch of NSWGR rolling stock, a carriage set (forget which one) and private non-air hoppers. Pretty sure most meshes are a fair way through but incomplete.

Also other random stuff. Some UK steamers that will probably never see the light of day. I've likely forgotten much. What a mess it all is.

I'm still waiting for roughly 400 gb of data to copy over, which includes all sorts of info, meshes, diagrams, and reference photos.

Looking back on this post, it may appear that I am bragging about all of this. The reality is that not much of it will appear for a very long time, but it is all the sum of about five years work; many thousands of hours. Also, I get a good few PMs and see the odd forum posts asking or demanding updates on my work.

Here. Eat. Good kiddies.

If people want to see shots, dig up old out of date forum posts. I'll probably show more as I get back into these and work out where I left off exactly. First step will be to remember exactly what needs doing, prioritise, and then work on a design document for it all.

Just gotta sit back and wait for the next few hours while all of this copies over!

When I get out of this bloody nanny-state province of Southern USA again, I will take it all with me to work on. Hopefully no more than two months in this country.

So glad to have all of this back, and that the old hard drive is still alive.

Peace all. I hope y'all had a great Isaac Newton day.

Last edited:
Jim if you need help with any of the routes give me a call ;)

And i beleive most of the photos of your locos and routes don't work anymore ( Red X syndrome )

Jim if you need help with any of the routes give me a call ;)

And i beleive most of the photos of your locos and routes don't work anymore ( Red X syndrome )

Thanks for the offer. Might take you up on that when I get everything organised and out of my original folder structure method (copy of copy of new folder 6, etc)

Will probably never get all of it done without help, but I'm a snobby person in too many regards. I'll get over that some time.

Not much I can do about photos being removed, can't be stuffed putting 'em back on. Especially shots of old work.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Things are looking good everyone is busy "working" on their holidays.

Wishing all of you a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Some new stuff coming soon (has been uploaded)

Trying out my new laptop (thanks Santa).

Cheers, :) :)

Bill.

Slowly digging a few things up. These are definitely not the latest versions of these models, as I'm still working out my messy folder structure from a year ago. A lot can be forgotten in a year!

70099008yc3.jpg
58223783wo7.jpg
64673102yw8.jpg

Back