Page 2 of 2364 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian screenshots

Ok, well heres my contribution to this thread. These two screenshots don't look like much now but they're the begining of something big. I'll tell you what it is. Its cowan bank in 3 hours of work stages. The first shot is taken between Boronia Tunnels 5 and 4 on a 1 in 40 grade.

I've been testing the line from Hawkesbury river to Cowan, and its nearly perfect. (the grades and track that is) It needs the geological side done to it and i need to get rid of the temorary tunnels and replace them with good NSW tunnels.

If anyone knows of any suitable tunnels that could be used and trees and other various things in the area, could you please contact me?
    Daniel

P.S. One track is dirty and the other is clean because the trains blow sand on the tracks on their way up to get better traction. You see that alot on heavy grades, anywhere.
    Last edited by 3830; December 20th, 2006 at 08:35 AM.

Just some Australian bush... Still much tweaking left though, most items seen are just early tests.

Now, for some shots of my latest route, which is undergoing extensive reforestation and other changes

Default QR - Baffles Creek

Here is my latest contributions, a badly derelict branchline, which I've called Baffles Creek. I hope you enjoy these screenshots, as as usual, commentary or feedback is gratefully accepted

Special thanks to Boobless_Ed, for giving me the inspiration with his fantastic screenshots of an abandoned branchline

@ Muliebuck. I love it.
    Do you want a couple of tips? Well you obviously can't answer now so here goes:

1.Usually if a branch line has been derelict for a while weeds will be poping on the actual track and extremely close to it. So i would add some more weeds and gras around.
    e.g:

2.With the straight sections, try to make the line un even with dips in the track and put waves in the track.
    e.g:

3.Make the trees un even so that one might be close but others are far and so on. I've never seen a straight row of native growing trees

Just some points, apart from that, it is a masterpeice
    Cheers,
    Daniel
    Last edited by 3830; January 1st, 2007 at 05:24 AM.

Some early screenshots from a medium sized yard I've been working on, tentatively titled Casuarina Junction. Still much work needs to be done to it, but I think its slowly coming together. There are two entrances / exits from this yard. One is a double-track, the other is a single track. This route was built within TRS2006 + SP1, and uses both custom and third party content. At present, it is not set in any particular place, as no speed boards or signals have been placed, allowing for maximum customisation for any particular state of australia to use this route.

Based on its medium size, I recommend it be used as an 'edge of town' yard complex, as it is too large for a 'rural' setting, but too scrubby for a yard situated well within a town. I hope you enjoy the screenshots, and more will be forthcoming as this route progresses.

Casuarina Junction, at the southern extremity, looking towards the north, with sidings spurred off to the right.

This old trackbed was once a rail spur line servicing the nearby factories, but it was closed due to lack of rail usage, and the points and rail have been lifted, but the overgrown bed remains.

Once used for the storage of defective rolling stock and other railway equipment, these sidings have begun to decay and see little use. Their life is soon to come to an end, as these sidings will be lifted.

Here, we see the rail stop buffers at the end of the defective rolling stock sidings, nearly obscured by the shrubs and weeds that have grown up around them.

Shot taken from the northern end of the yards, looking south. To the left, is the small loco stables, where shunter locomotives get minor servicing and wait to shunt the yards.

Just a little something from my latest medium sized yard I thought I'd throw out there for feedback. Here, we have old storage sheds and overgrown, weedy track beds. Some wagons have been stored here for years, and are slowly rusting into the ground.

Last edited by Muliebuck; January 5th, 2007 at 10:27 PM. Reason: old screenshot deleted by accident

Aussie shunters doing some lite work while 900 sits in the back ground

Just another little screenshot, from my QR Baffles Creek route, which contrary to popular belief, is progressing slowly but steadily.

Last edited by Muliebuck; January 7th, 2007 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Updating screenshot

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

hope you enjoy these

Ghosty
    Last edited by Ghostryder; January 8th, 2007 at 10:49 PM.

Default QR - Baffles Creek

A country road - to where? To parts unknown.

"In the distance, I could hear the sounds of shunting trainz, ringing, and rumbling, softened almost into melody by the distance..." Quote taken from War of the Worlds.

*looks around* Quiet here on the line today -

Last edited by Muliebuck; January 10th, 2007 at 01:05 AM. Reason: typo corrected.

Last edited by Muliebuck; January 10th, 2007 at 08:43 AM.