Australian screenshots

Spacko,

Good to have you on board, nice to see former Q.R employees getting involved in trainz; I see your expressing interest in the Dirranbandi line. It is a great line, and made famous in the Queensland Railway circles of having the last honour for being the last country passenger mail train using timber rollingstock hence why some railwaymen dubbed it in the late 1980s as the 'Bandi-Lander'.... I have built some rollingstock for trainz which was typically used on the Dirranbandi Mail - CLV, JCS, BC & MV, and a few items that I made for a previous fellow who made the line some years ago but has since left the game.

Your welcome to contact myself via PM, and littlebondi who will give you advice where to start.

Regards,

Michael Gitsham

The shots look great there littlebondi my brother work that line and lived at woodhill for 30 years. would be great to see more of it if possible. i have just got trainz 12 and would like to build the line from Dirranbandi to Warwick si ther any way to contact you as i would like to have a chat. Spacko

Last edited:
Hmm, I thought he was meaning that his locos and rolling stock are showing up as black in the game, which is probably the old 'hardware accelerated texture compression' issue raising it's ugly head again. Countrylink, Shaneturner has an excellent tutorial for dealing with this annoying issue, found here. :)

Last edited:
G'day!

Since I haven't posted anything here in a while, I figured it was a good time to show what I've been working on since Thursday night. Its a rural country town somewhere near the Southern border of New South Wales, served by a deteriorating branch line that works the wheat belt.

Here, NSW Freightcorp 48 classes 4811 and 48105 work an "up" train of empty NGKF grain hoppers through Warrengolla on a baking mid-summers day.

Cheers!

Jake.

Exceptional work Jake well done mate.
bd9b0f48ba23e9ea3c591c320cb81174.jpg

Cheers Mick.:)

Last edited:
just a few more things to do

elscr2.jpg

As I don't intend for these to have names I will probably get rid of the black background area under the cab windows
cheers
Pete

Last edited:
That looks very nice Pete, the first time I saw those where in 1996 and where painted Green/Yellow, what I find interesting is they never run on the Broad Gauge, but the V/Line Working Timetable has them listed though, they appear to be rated the same as a GM/S/X, 790 tonnes on the 1in48.

Cheers.

IIRC GM's never worked on the broad gauge in victoria either Azza. ELs did run on the victorian standard gauge line pre national rail days, maybe that's why

looks awesome peter I am actually so excited by this one

Hi Pete,

Here's a enginesound that's close

<kuid:682163:100389>

Jamie forgot that the GM's operated on the Broad Gauge from 1951 through to 1995 >_>
some where even on lease to the VR during the 1970's

EDIT:

Also found a enginesound on DLS that's used by the V/Locities

<kuid:45317:102051>

Cheers.

Last edited:
What about a engine spec to suit and a horn any ideas
Hi Pete,

Here's a enginesound that's close

<kuid:682163:100389>

Jamie forgot that the GM's operated on the Broad Gauge from 1951 through to 1995 >_>
some where even on lease to the VR during the 1970's

EDIT:

Also found a enginesound on DLS that's used by the V/Locities

<kuid:45317:102051>

Cheers.

Here's an e-spec I've written up, haven't tested it though, but it should be able to move 3540 tonnes on level track to downgrade as it puts out about 50,000lbs at 30kph and around 18,000lbs at 80kph.

here , you'll need to change the kuid of cause.

As for their horns maybe someone else can help as I've never heard them, they've always been a trailing unit when they past Corio from 1996.

Cheers.

Back