Australian screenshots

I'm just gonna put these here....

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers.

I decided to use shadows, as it is worth the extra little bit of lag.
Here is 9312, 9315 and 9310 on IH95 Passing Otford.

Cheers, Ryan

Great screenshots Norm, Azer, and Ryan - the shadows do make the difference.

I've been going 'hell-for-leather' to re-set the trackwork at the Eveleigh Workshop Yards. I found using an accurate 1950 historical map of the area, then combining it with a Google Earth map of obsolete rail lines, can provide me with a reasonable layout. The track is now in place and locating suitable buildings to fill the gaps is on the agenda.

An aerial map view of track laid.
AERIAL_EVELEIGH.jpg

Some of the trackwork
AERIAL_EVELEIGH_2.jpg

Some workshop buildings from Macdonaldtown Station
AERIAL_EVELEIGH_1.jpg

Some buildings I had to construct myself.
AERIAL_EVELEIGH_3.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Roy
As someone who takes great pride in his trackwork, can I say your trackwork is very clean and tidy. Very well done mate, practice always pays off and the cleaner the trackwork the more realistic it is. Looks wonderful. :)

Roy
As someone who takes great pride in his trackwork, can I say your trackwork is very clean and tidy. Very well done mate, practice always pays off and the cleaner the trackwork the more realistic it is. Looks wonderful. :)

Thanks Aaron for the kind feedback. In fact it was after I had a close look at your trackwork mate, when I realised that my work needed some serious upgrading.

I know now that spending a little extra time on the detail, pays off in the end.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Hello from France,

very great job Roy, congratulations friend !!!

Cheers, Marc

Thank you Marc, It's always nice to get positive feedback from another high quality route and model builder.

With my new route, I've been winding back the clock to an era, to when I was just 20 years of age in Sydney.

I'll be posting progress shots on this thread.

Take care my friend.
Cheers
Roy

This is great Roy but are you making the whole australian railroad :hehe: you put so much work making maps

Nice work everyone, great work around Sydney Roy that looks fantastic!

GL104 and GL111 passing through Campbell Street in Bulli with a loaded Qube ore train from port kembla to Blaney.

This is great Roy but are you making the whole australian railroad :hehe: you put so much work making maps

Hello my friend! Thanks for the comment;... No;... most of the other Aussies are taking care of the whole Australian railway system - I'm just doing a little snippet of the way I saw things happen in Sydney.:cool:

Maps? ... If I didn't put the work in, it would look like a 'pack-a-poo-tickets'. (check that out on Google):hehe:

Cheers,
Roy

that's is quite a job Roy

Tom

Thanks Ryan for the nice comments.

Thanks Tom, You are right - When I first thought of doing an era that encompassed the old Sydney Trams, I then had to think about what was there back then; and not there now.

I first considered just doing the Darling Harbour Goods Yards, but then that is tied to the Eveleigh workshops and yards as well. Cut out the Opera House and some of the major buildings along the waterfront and the city, but still incorporate the Cahill Expressway and City Circle, but then drop off Martin Place Station and the undergrounds at Central and Redfern; and then change the Sydney Harbour Bridge to take the Milsons Point Tram Station; it suddenly develops into a major job.

Thank goodness it is not a massive layout and fortunately, this is something I like doing.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Back