Australian screenshots

Robert
as you say only south from Picton is on the DLS.
A Sydney Metro route is in progress but is a long way from finished yet. All of the rail corridores, signaling are done, west to Parramatta, north to Hornsby, City Circle, Illawarra line to Sutherland, Bankstown, East Hills & Carlingford lines, Freight lines and main South to Malden where it merges with the Picton & south routes. A labour of love sofar with limited scenery, no catenary but true to scale and available track diagrams etc. I dont know if it will ever be finished completly.

PG

Hey all,

More progress on National Rail Steel Slab wagons.

38905950761_79a36d8e6c_o.jpg

Only one missing from this shot is the Heavy Duty Sided ROJX, the corrugated just needs the doors finished, then I'll do V/Line VKOX (1992) and NRC Standard Gauge RKUX (1995) after these then that'll be it for Victorian Steel Slab Wagons, Steel Coil wagons will be early next year (not the flat CSX/VFSX), also speaking of Steel Coils I do have a alpha release RKLX Steel Coil Container on Victrainz (NRC 1995-1998 era BG and SG), been their for quite a while just not sure if I posted about it in the past.

Now, I have a question for people who where much older than me back in 1994-1995 in the Melbourne region (I was about 10 back then, I only paid attention to locomotives/rollingstock in the Geelong region), the question is in 1994 - 1996 when VOBX/VOCX/VOFX where recoded ROBX what where the commodities they shipped? was it crate/pallet loads or something different? their was about 180 ROBX wagons according to the 1994 recode compiled by Peter Vincent.

Cheers.

Nice work Phil, Eric looking pretty snazzy as usual mate would you happen to know if the silver carriage in your pics is available or is that another Eric masterpiece from sum where ?.
Cheers Mick.

Eric looking pretty snazzy as usual mate would you happen to know if the silver carriage in your pics is available or is that another Eric masterpiece from sum where ?.
Cheers Mick.
Thank you Mick :).
The original is one of kilanziom's VIA Rail Budd coaches (DLS), I have just removed all the VIA stuff (stripes, logo, etc) ;).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice steel slab wagons, Azervich :Y:.

// Erik from Sweden

Nice screenshots Phil, Erik, David, Graeme. Lots of great work happening lately in all directions, and in the meantime, I've been trying to put the finishing touches to the first of several sessions.

However. there's been a trackmark bug hitting a few routes over the past week, which prevents consists from stopping at stations. Trackmarks not dropping off driver commands when a train passes over them. Reports from several people have been submitted. It's a bit of a pain, when you think you've just about finished, and during testing, it lets you down. I'll stay patient.

I took the ferries out for a spin to test each 'line/track/course/route/whatever' to make sure they didn't collide with one another and sent them in different directions. I've found there is more to see with ferries, than trains, and so, more scenery is required.

Here's four of vulcan's ferries leaving Circular quay together.

78e3bfa68da9bee4f19c65177eadb75e.jpg

And while that was happening, an aerial view of a NSW M Set heading for Wynyard.
252e3503203645c4096d86e17b677b4f.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Sydney is looking sensational there Roy! You've done an awesome job mate!

Something that never happened, but doesn't look out of place I reckon!
V/Line T343 and friends load grain at Cowarie...

84644823153bf561c09bbc43bd8cc663.jpg

Very nice Roy, You have gone above and beyond as well as setting a template of detail for everybody to match.
Looking forward to having a run on your route.
Regards Steve

Last edited:
Very nice Roy, You have gone above and beyond as well as setting a template of detail for everybody to match.
Looking forward to having a run on your route.
Regards Steve

Thanks Steve and Tom, I appreciate both your comments guys. I'm still finding a few things that drop a spanner in the works.

Something is not quite right with HF1 at present. I can't complain about the graphics, because they are really good,... but something has been overlooked in the 'Driver Commands' department - not recognizing some trackmarks. I have noticed that after placing a trackmark, and then if it's moved, sometimes it doesn't sit precisely in the middle of a track, then an AI driver doesn't 'see' it.

I had a session complete with all driver commands and consists in place within Schedule Library and Central Portal Control - everything functioned well. Then I extended it to include about 5 ferry routes, only to find the trains decided not to run, but the ferries did. What caused that, I do not know. Fortunately, I now keep cdp files of both route and session when things are functioning correctly, so I can take a step back, reinstall, then move ahead again. As a past Australian politician once said, "Life wasn't meant to be easy".

I was quite surprised to see eight of my screenshots in the November collection video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYoK-ByeuwI Thank you to all who voted. I do appreciate it.

A little activity around Central
b14be3bc4c1248735468f9c708a2c303.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Don't be surprised Roy, your screenshots and scenery work overall, falls into the awesome category. Always great shots, keep up the awesome work mate!
cheers
Graeme

Thanks Peter
I would be happy with just part of your Sydney Metro route say from Liverpool to merge with the south line at Maldon.Its just the south line just seems to start in the middle of nowhere at Maldon.
Thanks Again for your hard work on your great routes
Robert2004-1

T413 waits for departure time with a 707Ops special at Merriford...

96e2ced9fd511c4bbc66ca65a58b1021.jpg

T333-442s1-C501 wait for a cross at Wodonga Loop...

8f02110fb1845eb1289093d22e4861b9.jpg

Same train seen again, powering away from the loop...

f2b0a1badf4d1167d147413d2418a6a7.jpg

Well, with wires completed in the sector Graeme was working on, I thought it was time to rest my eyes and take a few trains for a spin. :)

8247 and three sister units ease their loaded Coal train towards the Down Refuge turnout, Austinmer. The Coal train will sit out the afternoon peak before to Port.

A 8 car G set has arrived at Thirroul on a Down afternoon terminator from Sydney. A Sydney bound V set on Platform 1 awaits the Guards bell to go.

V10 is then captured amougst the birdcage of wires, between Thirroul and Austinmer as it heads for Sydney.

Back