Australian screenshots

Thanks Roy,

How about something unique, only 1 was built

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Hey Graeme,

First run on your route and is on the Vic/NSW border heading into NSW, it's a imitation of a real SG freight, their is meant to be 3x WOAX in it however we don't have any built yet and I used a Bi 48 instead of a Can 48.

I noticed a bit of missing none DLS assets, was kinda of hoping to set up a MP session as I reckon we could get 20 players on it, oh well another suitable route may pop up in the future.

Cheers.

It's a bug. Fortunately it's fixed in the coming SP3 patch. I've now trashed all of that type of crossing on the Goulburn Murray route and will remove the ones on the main south route when I finish the Jindalee extension. I'm also trying to find DLS alternatives for the third party stuff, but I don't know if MP works with deluxe content.
Glad you're enjoying a run on it Aaron, that 48 looks pretty good too.
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
I've started to install a few tram lines and catenary to my Sydney route. I've soon discovered that this is much more fiddly than laying regular tracks.

Here's a 2 car set NSWGT L/P Class Trams heading toward Cremorne Point Wharf.

2018-05-12_171947.jpg

Making the loop.
2018-05-12_172104.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Hi ROY.

Just how many Tram Routes are you planning ?
I look forward to seeing some of my old stamping grounds !

Have fun Roy.

Norm.

Still learning the ropes of content creation. I find it really satisfying resurrecting WA narrow gauge!

41156222425_0aac1a1133_o.jpg

Nice Roy but what a sharp curve for that long tram lol

You're right, it is a sharp loop. I was actually testing it to see whether I maintain the loop; or leave it as an end of line. In fact only two trams could complete the loop; with most shutting down midway through the curve. So you won't see a loop near a wharf again.

Sydney had a couple of end-of-line loops within the CBD and all had a rather tight radius. The majority leading down to wharves just don't have the room to achieve that.

Cheers,

Roy

Hi ROY.

Just how many Tram Routes are you planning ?
I look forward to seeing some of my old stamping grounds !

Have fun Roy.

Norm.

Thanks Norm, I am having fun.

Back in the 1950s Sydney had the 2nd largest tram system in the world. Now it's only a memory.

I've got both sides of Sydney Harbour (north and south) to work with; but I am only running 'feeder' services to two wharves on the north shore and three wharves on the south side. Trams will be seen from vulcan's Sydney Ferries, as well as, from the red rattlers crossing the Sydney Harbour Bridge from Nth Sydney to Wynyard terminus. Trams will also spawn from Fort Macquarie and Rushcutters Bay, and will be spotted around the Quay, Central and Redfern.

How many tram routes am I planning? When I first thought about it, it seemed a simple matter to change the 'era' of a route that I'd finished previously. Now with all the research done, I'm definitely not going to complete this in a short while. But I'll give it a go.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Those hoppers look fantastic hiyo!! Steve might hurry up with his P class now after seeing that :p Some good work from everyone around here lately!

xrheadshunt.jpg

Love the screen shots - just to be picky - L/Ps were the exception to the normal Sydney trams operations when running as a couple set they ran as motor and trailer not a MU paired the second one should have his pole down :) that why the is a trailer L/P and a normal L/P on the DLS

I've started to install a few tram lines and catenary to my Sydney route. I've soon discovered that this is much more fiddly than laying regular tracks.

Here's a 2 car set NSWGT L/P Class Trams heading toward Cremorne Point Wharf.

Making the loop.

Cheers,
Roy

Love the screen shots - just to be picky - L/Ps were the exception to the normal Sydney trams operations when running as a couple set they ran as motor and trailer not a MU paired the second one should have his pole down :) that why the is a trailer L/P and a normal L/P on the DLS

Thanks Dave. You can be as picky as you like mate, ... picking up knowledge from the guys who actually worked the industry is actually a bonus.

Everything I know about trains, trams and ferries has come from the professionals, so I consider myself extremely lucky.

Cheers mate,
Roy

I've downloaded and tested NSWGR_46class new trolley poles for his Sydney trams,...

<kuid2:73150:101344:3> NSWGT Sydney Tram Trolley pole - Sydney US09<kuid2:73150:333:3> NSWGT Sydney Tram Trolley pole - Sydney US09 no arc

They both work fine and hook-up nicely with motorman1066 track and cat. Thanks Dave.

I've scrapped the idea of track-loops at the end of a line now. I've now opted for the simpler dual-track merge to a single track, then end. This allows me to use <kuid:206816:99009> ReverseTram (4) as a driver command and to see the pantograph 'switch-over'. Works well.

Here's a couple of shots running an 'O' Class and 'R' Class between two wharves. (Note: This tram route didn't happen in real life.)
2018-05-14_135357.jpg

By the way, how do you like these road surfaces ? Many streets around Sydney had concrete surfaces ( I know because I used to race billy-carts with roller-bearings for wheels as a kid)
2018-05-14_135715.jpg

2018-05-14_135925.jpg

I'll have to find a way to change the destination box for these units.

Cheers,

Roy

Last edited:
Don't worry about a P class.. DAZ-Nice..

qLmJWKJ

Nice! I was going to embark on the D and DA as my first loco (WAGR/Westrail era of course) as there's lots of commonality. Maybe I'll just have to go straight to a beautiful DB or a notorious N (the only narrow gauge Alco in Australia I believe).

The only way to change the desto box would be to clone and reskin them - some trams as part of the file do have some different ones but its a physical texture swap that is required = was working on change destos with Wazzer but his untimely passing took all the gustio out of it. Most do have settable tram car numbers under "?"

Interesting that you chose a black roof O class there's really no record to how many got black roofs but it would be no more that 4 - two coupled sets it was done as a test right before close of the system to try and extend the time before re painting as the roof went muck colour rather quickly.

I've downloaded and tested NSWGR_46class new trolley poles for his Sydney trams,...

<kuid2:73150:101344:3> NSWGT Sydney Tram Trolley pole - Sydney US09<kuid2:73150:333:3> NSWGT Sydney Tram Trolley pole - Sydney US09 no arc

They both work fine and hook-up nicely with motorman1066 track and cat. Thanks Dave.

I've scrapped the idea of track-loops at the end of a line now. I've now opted for the simpler dual-track merge to a single track, then end. This allows me to use <kuid:206816:99009> ReverseTram (4) as a driver command and to see the pantograph 'switch-over'. Works well.

Here's a couple of shots running an 'O' Class and 'R' Class between two wharves. (Note: This tram route didn't happen in real life.)

By the way, how do you like these road surfaces ? Many streets around Sydney had concrete surfaces ( I know because I used to race billy-carts with roller-bearings for wheels as a kid)

I'll have to find a way to change the destination box for these units.

Cheers,

Roy

Last edited:
A Somerton to Albury automotive train lost a T Class at Seymour and is running solo to Albury, after arriving at Albury the T comes off and the NSW crews chuck on 2x 422's.

Here we have a steel slab train in the BG siding all loaded.

Cheers.

Greetings.
I'm wondering if there is a "fix" for the QLD and WA level crossings.
In my Tane: 90945 SP2 they keep on going up and down all the time.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
NickE

The only way to change the desto box would be to clone and reskin them - some trams as part of the file do have some different ones but its a physical texture swap that is required = was working on change destos with Wazzer but his untimely passing took all the gustio out of it. Most do have settable tram car numbers under "?"

Interesting that you chose a black roof O class there's really no record to how many got black roofs but it would be no more that 4 - two coupled sets it was done as a test right before close of the system to try and extend the time before re painting as the roof went muck colour rather quickly.

I did notice that tram numbers can be set. I only wish I had the ability to do re-skinning of train models myself, but I'm limited to just a few buildings with Sketchup.

By the way, I inadvertently picked the black roof O class, as these trams operated on the Chatswood line, where I grew up as a kid. I travelled to high school at Mosman each day on an O class and came home on an R Class.

Adding trams to my route has meant considerable re-building. Here's the start of the Erskine Street 'loop' which will be adjacent to the King Street wharf at Darling Harbour.

2018-05-15_214251.jpg

The wharves in the background, will be re-modelled back to the 1950's. This was where the Darling Harbour goods railyard was originally situated. It was quite an industrial area with ships unloading goods right in the heart of the city. Pyrmont Powerstation was visible and the Anzac bridge wasn't.

Cheers,
Roy

Back