Australian screenshots

Just a bit of a tribute from me for Herbert (VB) showcasing just some of his great content. (On my NSW layout which is still lacking in scenery or textures). He made quite a significant contribution with his Australian locomotives and rollingstock. Even his Bunnings, KFC, Coles and Kmart store models are of great use on any Aussie layout!

vinnybarb.jpg

A PN coalie crosses a Whitehaven coal service on the Port Kooratah branch junction, whilst on the mainline an Aurizon Intermodal crosses a PN steelie.

RIP mate, you will be greatly missed, but always remembered...

Matt

In that shot the road is "BGR RTS Road 3 01" (<kuid:502415:1501>), it's an unmarked road all of the lines are splines.

Regards

I use "White Line Unbroken" (<kuid2:60697:37010:2>) for all lines in that shot, including the dashed lines, I use way to many splines...

Regards

Hi All,
So sad to hear of one of our guys passing away. Loved all of Vinny's work. R e s p e c t xx
Anyways, I have been busy of late ... just finished the dreaded Dandenong Railway Station .. haha.
Quite a magnificent building, and a challenge to model!
Other prototypical buildings will be a synch compared :)

Cheers!
Ausrail.

I am saddened by the loss of Herbert (Vinny Barb), as we regularly in correspondence with ideas and notes on content creation. He taught myself a lot of about little tricks and tips that he was happy to pass on. With his guiding help, I got better and better. As without him, I would never have started to build diesel locomotives.. Even in his last months, he still kept up our regular emails and there was hope. He kept myself informed of the cancer and his progress with treatment, but alas it became all too much... He will be missed by myself, along with many others and his legacy will live on in the models he made.

Rest in peace old friend. :)

Lastly, something I was corresponding with Herbet about creating. My 3ft 6in gauge Queensland Railways 1600 class English Electric.

QR%20NG%20EE%201600_zps6ifhtz02.jpg

Regards,

M.Gitsham

Last edited:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

X40, soon be reclassed as XR552, is seen sitting outside of South Dynon's workshops one crisp morning in 2004, immediately after rebuilding.

This one will be L3115, ignore the numbers on it now ;)

8501e8aef9a12cfce82425a69cd389b6.jpg

Here is 3108 wearing AWR logos... now just all over yellow (I will do that version too )

Cheers
David

First class guys. Awesome!!!!. You've done yourselves proud.

Meanwhile.....

The drought has finally broken and N475 helps out on a down mixed goods.

Cheers, Baz.

0af1f0b0d786f26798aba513700153db.jpg

Back