Running trainz 19 specs

SmokeyJoeyJoey

Hi I just wondering if these specs from my gaming pc would be enough to run trainz 19 at ultra settings smoothly without lag any help would be great!
Specs
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6 Core,12 Threads up to 3.9 GHz 1 209.00 31.35 240.35
Max Boost, Socket AM4,
16 gb memory

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 VENTUS 2X LHR 12GB OC GDDR6 Graphics Card

Hi,
CPU & GPU look good,
you’ll need to have the data on a fast SSD - I found that helps with reducing the loading delays/lag.
The real problem is (as always) which route you choose…
A route with little detail will be easier to run at ultra than, say, ECML which has detailed scenery.
try different settings is about the best advice…
(oh, and monitor CPU and GPU temperatures!)

"At ultra settings"? Maybe. It just depends on on your scenery and how many trains you have running at one time. Keep in mind something that is not needed on Trainz but is on gaming: you do not need 140 FPS! Normally, 30 FPS will be smooth enough that you will not miss anything or have jittery video.

I've found that train yards really eat up the resources. Run on one track and all is fine.... go thru a good sized yard and bam.... big hit to fps. Of couse, this is dependent on track used and count of assets in the yard.

Hi,
later thoughts…
with the nVidia control panel options, you can configure the refresh rate and max fps for the GPU - use these to match your monitor refresh rate.
there’s no point in the GPU rendering 120 fps if the monitor only supports 60 fps. It can spend some time rendering the route & objects instead!

Trainz 19 specs

I do have a good laptop with these specs aswell.

- Ryzen™ 9 5900HX AMD Mobile Processor
- NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 3050 support NVIDIA Studio Driver
- 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4
- 1TB PCIe® SSD
- Dual-fan cooling system with ASUS IceCool Plus thermal technology

Back