Sea of Red

boleyd

I have three routes ruined because many assets are now red icons. Why is this done with so little regard for the customer's efforts. Apparently there is no recourse. Either scrap the routes or spend more time trying to repair the damage. Repair will be difficult on one route since I simply do not remember what the, now red items, were. This is a miserable day... Very discouraging.

A few issues here.

Without a list of at least a few examples of the "now red icons" (kuids please) it is impossible to give you an answer as to who, why or what has caused this problem.

If the red icons have suddenly appeared then the cause may be a database error. If this is the case try running a DBR.

As to remembering what the red items were, in CM simply double left click on each to bring up its description window which includes a thumbnail (if it was supplied by the asset creator).

Sometimes, right-clicking on the assets and viewing errors and warnings will clear the errors, and so will Revert to original if they are built-on or DLC items. If that fails, then I agree with pware run a DBR.

Gentlemen - Thank You

I examined several of the red/missing elements and the most common error was "database error". So a full DBR "did the trick"! I now have exactly what I had a few days ago. Again thank you for your patience.

At Westinghouse we had our own Univac-490 operating system. I focused on I/O function and device connectivity. The database and memory management was left to others, and was a black hole to me. Thus I have always been very concerned when errors like this occur since I have no database experience.

Panic and anger over-shadow logic when you see months of your leisure time work ruined.

Back