Adjusting heights of cars?

Hi guys, I hope you are having a good weekend. I have been building a range of vehicles and some of them are floating in the air.

Can you tell me please, how to make them raise up or down?

Regards

Harry

username "JCAR BMW 525i GLY trackside"
trainz-build 3.5
category-class "VL"
category-region "DE"
category-era "2010s"
kind "scenery"
author "zio"
license "(C) 2021 by hirochi.Trackside by zio"
description "JCAR BMW 525i GLY trackside"
height-range -10,50
trackside 0.01

mesh-table
{
{
mesh-asset <kuid:461543:100192>
auto-create 1
mesh "BMW5.IM"
}
}

thumbnails
{
{
image "B5G.JPG"
width 240
height 180
}
}

kuid-table
{
0 <kuid:461543:100192>
}
kuid <kuid:808067:101085>

Many? (most?, all?) road vehicles are designed to ride 0.4m or so above the road. All roads are not alike - some have no height (pavement thickness). Some do. I use the YARNish series of roads which have thickness and the cars ride exactly on the top. No floating. If you lay down a YARNish road, unpause, and wait for a car, then pause, zoom in very closely and look at the side of the road and how the car tires ride precisely on top. You can see the road has thickness.

YARNish roads are not the only ones with pavement thickness. I like the Tb Road - gravel series of gravel roads for example.

That's it.

Last edited:
In the mesh-table, add another line.

position 0,0,0.32

first and second position are x,y axis and last one is z(up and down). The 0.32 is merely an example. if you want to lower use a minus sign ahead of value. This can be very time consuming if you have a lot of vehicles.

Many? (most?, all?) road vehicles are designed to ride 0.4m or so above the road. All roads are not alike - some have no height (pavement thickness). Some do. I use the YARNish series of roads which have thickness and the cars ride exactly on the top. No floating. If you lay down a YARNish road, unpause, and wait for a car, then pause, zoom in very closely and look at the side of the road and how the car tires ride precisely on top. You can see the road has thickness.

YARNish roads are not the only ones with pavement thickness. I like the Tb Road - gravel series of gravel roads for example.

That's it.

Hi and thank you for your support. I have tried using roads like YARNish but I prefer to build my own. Have a good week.

Regards

Harry

In the mesh-table, add another line.

position 0,0,0.32

first and second position are x,y axis and last one is z(up and down). The 0.32 is merely an example. if you want to lower use a minus sign ahead of value. This can be very time consuming if you have a lot of vehicles.

Hi Dean, thank you for your support. I tried your suggestion and the car lifted in the air. However, whatever figures I used, it made no change to that height.

I did find out that if you change this figure, "height-range -10,50" which is in the config above it works fine. I change it to -00.00

So, thank you for your help and have a good week.

Regards

Harry

Also Dean, I found the neck car I was editing had the position which I changed to 0 and it worked.

Regards

Harry

kuid <kuid:808067:101252>
username "HC JCAR AE86 TRUENO"
kind "scenery"
trainz-build 3.5

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "AE86T.IM"
auto-create 1
position 0,0,0.0