JR CNW C40-8 (Payware) Content editing

Jazzi

[FONT=&quot]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I want to edit Engine Specs & Engine Sounds of Payware JR CNW C40-8 content. when I tried to open it in "Edit in Explorer" it is not allowed to edit as it is privileged content. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I had purchased this content <kuid2:45324:100159:1> from Trainz Store and it is added to my Trainz DLC Account.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please resolve my issue regarding editing JR content.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regards.[/FONT]

You are not allowed or authorized to whatever edit or modify payware DRM secured content.

Same as what JAGG said. If you wanted to do that you should have purchased it from JR directly at jointedrail.com since the content from there is DRM free.

when i used trainz 12 i bought the cnw c40-8 from the trainz store then i went to mytrainz then my digital downloads and downloaded it there and it would let me edit the thing.

when i used trainz 12 i bought the cnw c40-8 from the trainz store then i went to mytrainz then my digital downloads and downloaded it there and it would let me edit the thing.

Asset packaging is different now compared to what it used to be with TS12.

It does seem odd that N3V feels it has to add DRM to something that JR itself does not add it to though. I understand that they don't want people passing it around, but being able to edit something that JR lets you edit should be made available.,

I think JR greatly under estimates the amount of piracy in the worldwide Trainz community. I have come across pretty much everything JR sells on websites where it is available for free. While not everyone that steals it from these sites would have bought it there is still a percentage that represents lost sales. N3V takes a commission on items sold on the Trainz store. They have every right to protect themselves from theft.

Software piracy is a multi trillion dollar problem. I've seen estimates that at one time not long ago 90% of business software was being illegally used. This is why subscriptions and online apps are the future of software sales.

N3V has to do everything they do or they would be out of business in a heartbeat.

And if you don't understand how social engineering works you really need to find out. Exploiting the human instinct to help people who seem to be in need is the basis of almost all scams.

I strongly recommend this book as a primer.

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Deceptio...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

First it is an opinion which I believe to be true.

You do not protect your content from theft as far as I know. If you do in secret ways then I apologize and stand corrected. No need to disclose those methods.

Of course, you could be fully aware and simply deem it not worth the legal cost to pursue the situation. Fair enough. And I understand that you would prefer direct sales as you make more money and have total control of the transaction. Again fair enough. That is your prerogative but as a paying customer it does make me wonder.

To the OP, when you place the loco in a session you can use the property tool in the trains panel to choose any engine spec that is installed in your installation. That choice is saved when you save the session. As far as the engine sound file is concerned, show the dependencies of the loco and note the KUID of the sound file. Then add an obsolete table to the sound file you prefer and add the KUID within it. Then all locos using that sound file will use the one you like more.

Back