Anhydrous Tanks

mikeman

Does anyone know if an Anhydrous tank has ever been made for Trainz? Similar to below. I have looked and so far haven't found anything.
c66CaFM.jpg
[/IMG]

There are tanks that carry things other than water but I'm not quite certain what you mean by anhydrous.

My chemistry course simply said that if something was anhydrous it contained no water.

Could you clarify what you mean?

Thanks John

Well, really just wheeled tanks like the photo is what I am looking for. They are used in the U.S. and other countries to store Anhydrous Ammonia for use as fertilizer by farmers in Corn fields.

do a search for <kuid2:50567:7767610:1> nurse tank by idiotbouy. It is the closest thing I could find for you.

Well, really just wheeled tanks like the photo is what I am looking for. They are used in the U.S. and other countries to store Anhydrous Ammonia for use as fertilizer by farmers in Corn fields.

Anhydrous ammonia is extremely nasty, poisonous stuff. I couldn't believe it could be safely used as a fertilizer without dilution (or even with dilution). So, I did a bit of searching on this new thing called "the internet" and was surprised to find that farmers do indeed inject it straight into the ground. Amazing.

My dad and uncle had farm land and as a boy I spent many hours on a John Deere tractor. Tanks like the one shown above were so common you didn't even notice them half the time. When delivered the truck would have a 2-3 tank "consist" of these behind. They are still common today and a key part of crop production. Just google "anhydrous ammonia nurse tanks" and click IMAGES option (google).

Back