Need route recommendations

Shamelessly pushing my own barrow here:-

Route:
<kuid:45176:100502> SAR Peterborough Narrow Gauge Division (TRS19 SP3)

Session:
<kuid:45176:100965> SAR Peterborough Base Session (TRS19 SP3)

The route has over 300kms of track with lots of scenery but all outback (semi-arid) South Australia so no majestic mountains, raging rivers or pine/fir forests.

The Session is Free Roam so you can choose what you want to do. Alternatively, there is a Trainz Wiki site with 15 different scenarios you can follow at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/SAR_Peterborough_Base_Session

All included content is either built-in or available on the DLS.

Looking for routes that:

- 1. are long
- 2. have many sessions
- 3. have lots of scenery
- 4. no need for kuid hunts
_____

A dearth of responses thus far.

4. would eliminate about 99% of the routes on the Download Station. I have downloaded numerous routes which required 1,000+ dependencies from the DLS, only to find that I needed several thousand more from somewhere else.

2. may be a challenge. As has been said before by others, there are millions of sessions on the DLS that give no indication about the route required, and routes that give no indication that there are sessions associated with them.

1. & 3. (long and detailed) might be mutually exclusive. To achieve both seems to be an intergenerational task.
_____

But, like the post above, I'll throw my hat into the ring.
1. = some.
2. = several.
3. = possibly.
4. = certainly.

Do an advanced search of the Forums, thus:

Advanced%20Search.jpg

Look for the routes and layouts that are for TRS19 or 22. You might find one or two which you find interesting enough to download.

Phil

Last edited:
As I have posted elsewhere, my criteria for selecting a suitable route for downloading, regardless of the criteria, are:-

• A fully detailed description, preferably with a thread in the Freeware Announcements forum
  • A meaningful name (not "My Really Great Route") within the limits of the allowed space
  • An actual thumbnail with a scene from the route that does not contain the baseboard grid
  • An indication that all the dependencies are built-in and/or available on the DLS. If DLC assets are present then the package name is shown. If any 3rd party assets are present then a URL is provided somewhere.

For sessions, as above, plus the name of the route for which the session was created in either the description or (space permitting) in the name.

Yes, I am fussy but life is too short to spend it downloading "rubbish" (by my definition) or hunting missing assets.

You might look at my <kuid2:373500:100024:7> FDL Fond du Lac for T:ANE. It's only about 50 Km (30 miles) but speeds are low and it meets your other criteria. Version 8, which I'm calling finished, will be out in the next couple of months. All dependencies should be on the DLS.

:B~)

The Uintah RWY is 80 miles long, Pitkin is at the moment making more sessions for it, there's already one on the DLS. The 2019 version should have all the necessary kuids on the DLS. it has many mines and a variety of scenery, eventually , if Pitkin is up to completing them all, I've designed about 5 sessions.

Back