Water walls at world edges

Maymone

Hi there,

When I create a new water layer in Trainz 22 with S2.0, these huge water walls come up on some of the world edges (not all, beats me why). The same thing happens if I import the legacy water layer. I try and try to remove them, lowering water height and tweaking the layer, with no effect.
Any Idea how to correct that?

Thanks
TM

Good luck with the new water in TRS22. Adjusting the height of the water does absolutely nothing and S2.0 and the new water layer is still a work in progress as you've found out. I used it once and ended up with the same mess you have and went back to the legacy water with my routes.

Well, finally I found the answer myself. It's not tweaking with the layer settings, it's really making a big change: The so called "Default Value" refers to a height value, "to use where no vertex data yet exists", namely "when initializing new ground sections" as it reads when you hover on it.
Apparently it also applies the value to the vertex itself, even if you did not add new ground sections. I still don't understand with what criteria it adds it to some vertexes and others not, but the solution is there: don't give it a value above the height (altitude, if you want) of your edges! I've put mine to negative, so I'm sure those walls don't show up. You can always adjust the height of water with the paint tool.
Hope this helps other folks with the same problem.

TM

Thanks for that info. I'm going to play around with that myself.

I don't understand why that would be the default value. The terminology and interface aren't very intuitive and that's why we go for the altitude adjustments instead.

Adjust water height, select the paste brush and below select the water texture. Under that select the bulk height and click on the water and keep the left mouse button down. Now use the mouse to raise or lower all the water. The shades of water are now working.

Back